Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Wormwood Arrives June 6th!

Recommended Posts

Seero    818
Just now, seffard said:

You are assuming this from Hamlet, but this is not obvious here.

Yeah but, his stats are right there in the post, they would list it if they change that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrKoopa    1,160
1 minute ago, higor12101 said:

how manny spools he gonna cost?

 

32 minutes ago, JoeW said:
  • You can weave Wormwood for 2700 spool.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    10,657
Just now, Mooka said:

image.png.7c7763e46f8718c6133dbc3dfc409d82.png

This is killing me, no deep florest biome like, since it's limited to "Eye plants".

Also, no poison mechacnics for now, since he can't craft antidote.

 

But thanks!

This just gave me an idea.

How about:

  • Wormwood no longer receives any penalty from eating leafy meat.

It would allow Wormwood to practically live off of lureplants once he gets enough of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreyaMaluk    5,046
4 minutes ago, 0rutyna0 said:

attracting Bees.

But will the bees attack Wormwood?

It seems to me alone that not getting health from eating is a very powerful debuff? Maybe health will still be replenished by 1/2 or even 1/4?

Only in spring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alexias    758
33 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Wormwood loses sanity when plants are destroyed near him (e.g. picking flowers, completely chopping or burning down trees, digging up stumps, grass, saplings, or bushes, etc.)  This excludes plants that are diseased or already burnt.

Does this exclude plants that get destroyed by other players?

Will be hard to avoid it when other players want logs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooka    64
7 minutes ago, 0rutyna0 said:

attracting Bees.

But will the bees attack Wormwood?

It seems to me alone that not getting health from eating is a very powerful debuff? Maybe health will still be replenished by 1/2 or even 1/4?

Only when it's agressive.

1 minute ago, Namelessgamer said:

Does this exclude plants that get destroyed by other players?

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alarsin    844

Very few advantages and not a lot of important drawbacks; that’s a meh tier character for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alexias    758
38 minutes ago, JoeW said:
  • Sanity effects from planting or destroying plants is reduced the further it happens from Wormwood.*

Is this in DS? I don’t remember it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1v0    867

I wonder(hope) will there be additional content with wormwood (new content (RoT))?! I like this character but I think it should have been tweaked a bit specially for DST.(thou I don't mind)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KCDA    435
45 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Wormwood can plant Seeds directly in the ground without using Farms.

Rest in peace balance. If Farmplot and Dragonfruit addictions weren't already bad enough, now Wormwood can skip the middleman altogether... I just want to ask a question now, how many seeds does the average player collect before the first Winter? Casually, not even for Farmplots, just as an emergency food source? Personally I use it as a staple early game food, and end up with a stockpile of anything between 40 and 120 Raw Seeds by the time Winter hits. Keep in mind, this isn't me going out of my way to collect them, just the Raw Seeds off the beaten path, like you would with Butterflies.

 

What reason would any player have no NOT collect Seeds and hand them over to a Wormwood as soon as they see one in the server? There aren't many good ideas to fix this, besides scrapping the perk entirely (an option I am in support of.) One solution could be to limit the crops that can actually be planted by Wormwood. Maybe limit it to more useless crops like Carrots and Corn?

 

Aside from fire spread, what reason does a Wormwood have to not immediately try to fill the surrounding landscape to the brim with crops? I genuinely can't think of one.

45 minutes ago, JoeW said:

This excludes plants that are diseased or already burnt.

Great actually! It was silly for the original Wormwood to lose sanity for putting destroyed plants, "out of their misery" so to speak.

45 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Wormwood is available for free for all owners of Don't Starve Hamlet on Steam.

Perfect, now it's consistent with Warly, who was free for SW owners. (Just felt weird having 2 character ports announced at the same time, from different DLCs, but only one of them is considered free with the DLC.)

 

Edit small typos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
X-lem    316
30 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

 

 

Why those have starts at the end but no explanation?

Notable changes in DST are marked with an asterisk*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parusoid    422
Just now, X-lem said:

Notable changes in DST are marked with an asterisk*

oh, was looking for it below the text, not before it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kuba5565    2,575
18 minutes ago, Smitty Inc. said:

if this is a cactus skin I love you even more then ever klei

or palm tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    5,327
1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Wormwood and the Roseate, Oasis Bound and Hollow skin

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

I'm going to claim this as a reference to my mod despite there being no connection whatsoever.

EEEEEEEEEEE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deprecious    54

I'm extremely disappointed about this character's art.. he doesn't seem to fit at all in the don't starve universe, all DS characters are pencil stroke colored, this characters is all solid color, i have the same feeling about all the characters released since hamlet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
engiSonic    475
3 minutes ago, Deprecious said:

I'm extremely disappointed about this character's art.. he doesn't seem to fit at all in the don't starve universe, all DS characters are pencil stroke colored, this characters is all solid color, i have the same feeling about all the characters released since hamlet

I'm fine with it, to be honest. It means Klei is experimenting with the art style to see how much diversity they can get so not everything is "paper border man".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KCDA    435
1 minute ago, Deprecious said:

I'm extremely disappointed about his art.. it doesn't fit at all, too many vivid colors, fill painted instead of pencil brushes.

I personally like it, but if you feel this strongly about it... Why didn't you bring this up over 3 months ago when Wormwood was added to Hamlet?

 

Personally I just hope his original design becomes a skin. It was so good!

 

Wormwood_Idle_Animation.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terra M Welch    2,701

Will players be able to dig up crops planted by Wormwood? Just in the event a wormwood player plants seeds right in the way of a spot where someone wants to build something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TalZahn    66

21 minutes ago, KCDA said:

Rest in peace balance. If Farmplot and Dragonfruit addictions weren't already bad enough, now Wormwood can skip the middleman altogether... I just want to ask a question now, how many seeds does the average player collect before the first Winter? Casually, not even for Farmplots, just as an emergency food source? Personally I use it as a staple early game food, and end up with a stockpile of anything between 40 and 120 Raw Seeds by the time Winter hits. Keep in mind, this isn't me going out of my way to collect them, just the Raw Seeds off the beaten path, like you would with Butterflies.

 

What reason would any player have no NOT collect Seeds and hand them over to a Wormwood as soon as they see one in the server? There aren't many good ideas to fix this, besides scrapping the perk entirely (an option I am in support of.) One solution could be to limit the crops that can actually be planted by Wormwood. Maybe limit it to more useless crops like Carrots and Corn?

I was thinking about that.

What if Wormwood's plants would grow slower AND only get half effectiveness from wickerbottom's book?

Or since planting seeds is one of his main sanity sources (besides replanting trees/bushes/tufts/etc), he might only be able to plant while sanity is below a certain threshold? 

I don't recommend getting rid of the perk at all; it was one of the more notable skills Wormwood had when he was brought in Hamlet. I wouldn't mind limiting his crops like you suggested, however. Or if that seems too far, make it less likely regular seeds planted outside plots will bring dragon fruit, watermelons, or pomegranates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites