MrNaxeros

Aren't swimming hounds a bit too much?

MrNaxeros    221

Getting caught in the middle of the sea by 20 hounds isn't really fun. You either fight on a tiny platform and be burned/frozen to death or abadndon ship and fight while completly soaked.

Maybe hounds would arrive the moment you step on land, like it is with SW Krampus?

Fi7iP    3

I can still improve or edit the waves of swimming hound I have only Retur of Them Beta so many things can be changed :)

Hell-met    791
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ADM said:

Joke appart, I feel like swimming hounds is actually something needed since ships are very powerfull for exploits. For exemple you can trap for eternity any ground being that ennoy you.

err

the core aspect of swimming hounds will not get changed. Exploiting and breaking the game will.

You can't balance out a functional mechanic with exploits.

Edited by Hell-met

Leonardo Cox    453
3 hours ago, -Variant said:

You know, there's already a thread on this, you should look there to see how we all feel about this topic.

To save the trip, no.
Swimming Hounds aren't an issue, at all, you should be planning in this game, to be fair, it is an uncompromising Survival Horror game. 

You should plan for Hounds, and if they catch you off guard in the middle of the ocean, I say, it's time to fight or face the music!

Keep in mind that theres more posts in that thread saying that Swimming Hounds are an issue. So OP should look at that thread.

For me personally, I don't think it is an issue. I kind of like hounds being a threat that you have to pay attention to again, as ADM mentioned, boats are already powerful against tons of situations and very little poses a threat to you while on a boat. 

• Like 1

WkingDisaster    163
Posted (edited)

Maybe the game should adds a craft-able item that gives a circle indication of when will the next hounds attack be,so you can avoid be on the boat by the time being. Varg should drop part of the crafting materials. 

Alternatively, maybe varg should drop a consumable howling item, upon using it, the hounds will disappear untill the next attack circle. It would be interesting if this particular type of varg can only be found on the island.

Edited by WkingDisaster

Daxterr    295

If we had access to bigger boats then we could place some tooth traps to deal with them.

camelot    82

Have 2 boats, 1 is full of tooth traps for hounds and jump ship when needed. If you're sailing alone, well, then good luck

• Sad 1

Electroely    2,057
12 hours ago, WkingDisaster said:

Didn't try it.. but do they still follow the ship if you hide inside the berry bush hat?

It seems like they do follow the ship until they get distracted with a puffin or something.