DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

X-lem    793
On 5/24/2019 at 11:54 PM, Brago-sama said:

Thermal stones can be repaired with a sew kit (ok maybe not mindblowing but I didn't know about it for the longest time.

... I didn't know this. Honestly I never tried because it makes zero sense.

• Like 2

Broodalize    22

Every first winter in a new game, I have a desert base set up to farm tumbleweeds for gears and trinkets.

Before the deerclops comes, I get everyone to my humble base so he spawns there. I then run him to the dragonfly and let her slap him around.

• Like 1

loopuleasa    1992
2 hours ago, Broodalize said:

Every first winter in a new game, I have a desert base set up to farm tumbleweeds for gears and trinkets.

Before the deerclops comes, I get everyone to my humble base so he spawns there. I then run him to the dragonfly and let her slap him around.

That is quite common behavior, most people search early for tumbleweeds because grass and twig gather speed is much improved

And boss on boss action is common too

• Like 1

lakhnish    5419

The reason why Wigfrid can eat Jellybeans is because she can foods that are of the foodtype Meat and of the foodtype Goodies (which is what Jellybeans are).

What that also means is that she can eat Taffy, cause Taffy was changed from being a Veggie to a Goodie during Warly's rework.

Speaking of Veggies, Ice Cream (and Waffles) are still considered to be a Veggie, even though the recipe for Ice Cream forbids veggies, ehich I thought was funny.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:50 PM, Brago-sama said:

Baby tentacles drop one soul each for wortox. Infinite, continuous free food/health source for wortox down in the caves

^ This was patched a long time ago btw.

Edited by lakhnish
*eat Taffy. forgot the word eat
  • Like 4

Broodalize    22
6 hours ago, Poebus said:

dragonfly might burn the rewards, so i rather suggest you to bring them to herd of beefalo/tentacles

to earn some items and finish off the rest

I believe the worst case scenario is that the meat gets cooked, which I see as a welcome exchange for not having to deal with the dragonfly at all.

I don't like killing off beefalo before their first mating, personally. Also, the lava pits are a free way to stay warm in the winter while deerclops is giving you grief.

Edited by Broodalize
  • Like 2

loopuleasa    1992
10 hours ago, Poebus said:

dragonfly might burn the rewards, so i rather suggest you to bring them to herd of beefalo/tentacles

to earn some items and finish off the rest

You can control where fight starts, to be away from magma

Dfly won't enrage

• Like 2

Electroely    4980
6 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

On the new Woodie :
- to transform in a specific form at full moon, eat an idol before it starts, and you will keep the long duration

- if you are starving as Woodie, you can change in a were form, and the were meter will double as hunger, allowing you time to find food

2 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

put your phone or something in space bar to auto-chop/mine/pick up

This thread is for talking about mechanics in the game that you think few people know about, not tips & tricks.

ArubaroBeefalo    18167
Just now, Electroely said:

This thread is for talking about mechanics in the game that you think few people know about, not tips & tricks.

okey,sry

Then i want to talk about this (sorry if is consider spam but i didnt found anything related)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSUVbZ49R4

This happend to me a lot when i fight walrus. I have ~1 ping and it happends with and without lag prediction

I cant remember if this happends to with bishop but I think it never happend to me

Mike23Ua    14497

I’ve been using “Boat Kits” to cheat getting acrossed small bodies of water to a side of the map I want to be on. The small stream sized ones, too small to actually navigate a boat through but just big enough to place the boat and use it to hop from island to island.

(I’m sure people have surely figured this out by now.. and I’m also sure that if Klei did not intend for boats to become platforms to cross small gaps they will decrease the size of the gap between the two islands so you can no longer place boats between them to get across) 

But for now... enjoy it while it lasts!

Edited by Mike23Ua

Electroely    4980
24 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

okey,sry

Then i want to talk about this (sorry if is consider spam but i didnt found anything related)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSUVbZ49R4

This happend to me a lot when i fight walrus. I have ~1 ping and it happends with and without lag prediction

I cant remember if this happends to with bishop but I think it never happend to me

I think that happens when you get so close to the point where MacTusk's dart comes out (the tip of the pipe) that the dart has to adjust its angle a lot to go towards you. It doesn't hit you because the projectile hasn't activated yet I think and on the frame it does activate you're already out of its way.

ArubaroBeefalo    18167
23 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I think that happens when you get so close to the point where MacTusk's dart comes out (the tip of the pipe) that the dart has to adjust its angle a lot to go towards you. It doesn't hit you because the projectile hasn't activated yet I think and on the frame it does activate you're already out of its way.

I thought something similar but a couple of times happends to me in medium distance :/

loopuleasa    1992
15 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

The same happens with bees... learned that the hard way stockpiling heals for wortox :[

Just keep bees fed in inventory, 40 is enough

• Like 2

Brago-sama    1604
25 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

Just keep bees fed in inventory, 40 is enough

This was when I was taking on dragonfly for the first time and I had no idea how many heals I needed so I thought what's wrong with 4 stacks of souls......

Of course now I know that's way too much but hey hindsight is 20/20

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ShyRo-Zyerenzy    171

Maybe a lot already know, but who knows, when i started DST i didn't get this info easily maybe it helps someone.

Just like when you farm your berry bushes put them together , if you use this a lot ( like 40 when using Wicker) gobblers will spawn so you can make a square little fence with a berry ( cheaper early game ) and they will not aim your berry bushes, instead they go for the berry in the ground.
( You can use powdercake later )

The same principle its applied to bunnyman if you want to keep them outside their house , you can also fence their village if you want a cheaper set-up early game / survival cave base to use and farm faster without hammering/building again , so they wont run too far away . If you feed them a carrot and target with a fake attack without carrying meat is how you easily farm them, similar to webber spider wars , can't do this with webber/wortox.

You can also use the same method with pigs , a fence with rot,lightbulb,pigskin, or monster meat,etc to keep them outside , that way you can use them as defense in the early days or hire them for other tasks.. or just to farm them when full moon happens , when full moon happens they will aim the food still and even if you attack one, the other werepigs don't eat the stuff in the ground or attack you. like i said, useful in the early part of the game till you make a better farm with the moonstone event staff - the yellow one from ruins. a fresh hambat minimum to easily stunlock them without getting dmg back if you are not near moonstone.

There's more advanced stuff to do with this for moonstone event like varg gem or moon stone farm for example. but it's the mechanic that matters.

• Like 1