DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

JoSmoCoolStuf    254

Randomly discovered a sign that said "Turbina's 3D Castle" on June 17th, 2021

image.thumb.png.bd5756a9c4c03ce60a451d72ae6abaed.png

Unknown mechanics

:wilson_confused:

Nvm, extrapolated from the date of discovery 3 months ago and name, found a video: 

Edited by JoSmoCoolStuf
me dum
  • Like 1

zacqiang    307

I don't know if this is a bug or it's supposed to be played that way, but I noticed this weird thing while I was playing as Webber.

When you are transporting spiders from the caves to the overworld (and vice versa), any additional spiders not in your inventory will merge into one spider of each type (eg. 10 cave spiders will merge into 1 cave spider) and will wait for you at where you left them (aka still a follower spider). Take note that this happens ONLY when the spiders are your followers.

To avoid this from happening, you can use a shoo box for the additional spiders, and go back and forth in the morning to pick up the wandering spiders near your cave entrance.

• Like 2

Articestone    1024
7 hours ago, Just-guy said:

Wanda does not take the -3 health damage from Taffy, which is her favourite food.

But she still aged when eating food that harms health like red caps and monster meat. Not sure if cooked and crockpot health damaging food make her aged

ArubaroBeefalo    11370
4 hours ago, Articestone said:

But she still aged when eating food that harms health like red caps and monster meat. Not sure if cooked and crockpot health damaging food make her aged

Yes, everything that deals damage can affect her. Monster lasagna, monster meat red and green caos adds age, for example

Articestone    1024

Although every 2.5 damage Wanda takes equals to 1 year aged,it does not mean when Wanda have take less than 2.5 dmg it doesn't age it just age less than a full year. Didn't realise this until I picked some Cactus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike23Ua    11408

You can pick up and carry spiders when playing as Wanda- haven’t tested this with any other characters.. but it’s pretty useful to capture spiders and bring them to a Webber on your team for him to tame.

• Thanks 1

CodexCorporis    817
On 6/28/2021 at 6:36 AM, Tim S. said:

2. Ponds only spawn up to 3-4 Frogs

So if you telelocate them to a safe spot where they don't bother anyone, after poofing away 3 to 4 Frogs per Pond the Pond's completely safe! I've always wanted to base around ponds but couldn't stand the frogs. Now they're decorative, a great source of fish every now and then and way more practical to build your farm next to them. Even after relogging, the ponds stay safe as long as the telepoofed frogs don't get back into the pond.
The same principle works for Vargs too as previously noted, but also for Spider Queens. Makes kiting them a lot easier.

261652040_Screenshot(77).thumb.png.85a938eef1b7e62ac20fab75d4ef41e6.png

Does this work the same with mosquitos?

zacqiang    307
7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can pick up and carry spiders when playing as Wanda- haven’t tested this with any other characters.. but it’s pretty useful to capture spiders and bring them to a Webber on your team for him to tame.

This is weird considering that only Webber can pick up spiders. Maybe it's a bug?

But if you mean "pick up" as in laying a trap and picking up the trap with the spider in it, then yeah all characters can do that.

• Like 2

SomebodyRandom    446
7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Most likely a bug, you could do the same while mounting a beefalo by pressing Space but that was fixed.

• Like 2

Parusoid    1080
On 6/28/2021 at 1:36 PM, Tim S. said:

The same principle works for Vargs too as previously noted, but also for Spider Queens

how does it work for spider queens exactly? 

Mike23Ua    11408
3 hours ago, zacqiang said:

This is weird considering that only Webber can pick up spiders. Maybe it's a bug?

But if you mean "pick up" as in laying a trap and picking up the trap with the spider in it, then yeah all characters can do that.

Well I didn’t want to spoil how.. but yeah that.

Tim S.    602
5 hours ago, CodexCorporis said:

Does this work the same with mosquitos?

Yes it does! Sometimes after relogging, another mosquitoe appears, but after telepoofing that one, the pond should be clear (until you kill one of the bound-mosquitoes or one gets home).

1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

how does it work for spider queens exactly? 

After telepoofing around 8 of her spiders, she won't spawn any new ones. If you telepoof every but the last one (for me it was always 8 spiders max) she will spawn only one spider at a time. This will continue even after reloading the game (until the spider queen turns into a den).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1