DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

HellHeater    1236
4 minutes ago, Tim S. said:

I'll be glad to be proven wrong haha. But according to my testing, even a hundred days after planting there was yet a single Gekko to spawn from my underground-Tufts (after harvesting exactly 500, beginning after 100 days after being planted). So unless my tests are scuffed, given a 1% chance for Gekkos to spawn, there's a 0.657% chance that I was just lucky and a 99.343% chance that they don't spawn down there at all. 

yoo Dream plays DST pog

• Haha 1

EirikGerhard    150
1 minute ago, Tim S. said:

I'll be glad to be proven wrong haha. But according to my testing, even a hundred days after planting there was yet a single Gekko to spawn from my underground-Tufts (after harvesting exactly 500, beginning after 100 days after being planted). So unless my tests are scuffed, given a 1% chance for Gekkos to spawn, there's a 0.657% chance that I was just lucky and a 99.343% chance that they don't spawn down there at all. 

Do you pick your grass by hand? Grass gekkos only spawn if a player harvests grass, so other farming methods like lureplants do not cause gekkos to spawn. 

Speaking of lureplants, did you know that you know that eyeplants now eat spiders whole like rabbits and birds?  Don't be surprised to kill a lureplant and watch it release a not very amused 8 legged friend.

• Like 1

Tim S.    602

Well fml, I must have goofed up the 100 day skip or something, after new testing they certainly spawn. My bad and thank you very much for correcting me!

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    11370
2 hours ago, EirikGerhard said:

Do you pick your grass by hand? Grass gekkos only spawn if a player harvests grass, so other farming methods like lureplants do not cause gekkos to spawn. 

I think that using s shovel on the plant works too. There was a tutorial made by laknish monster where he spawn gekkos non stop with a shovel

• Like 2

Guille6785    1043
16 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Fire nettles don't attack wet players, the ocuvigil keeps the area around it loaded, and meteor showers spread over time you said? I'll be sure to let everyone know!

don't forget to hold your torch during winter for extra insulation and plant more flowers so more butterflies spawn

• Haha 2

KeshS    5321

If you don't want to accumulate any more souls as Wortox you can fill the the inventory until there is no space while holding souls with a mouse. Every time you kill an enemy the soul will drop on ground instead of going into inventory.

• Health 2

Friendly Grass    558

Attack period of every spider type:

Regular spiders, shattered spiders (in both melee and ranged), and cave spiders attack every 3.1 seconds.

Warrior spiders have an innate variation in their attack period; some warrior spiders attack faster than others: between 4.1 and 6.1 seconds.

Same for spitters in melee and depth dwellers.

Spitter ranged attack: 2.4 seconds.

• Like 1

Mysterious box    1152
9 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

Attack period of every spider type:

Regular spiders, shattered spiders (in both melee and ranged), and cave spiders attack every 3.1 seconds.

Warrior spiders have an innate variation in their attack period; some warrior spiders attack faster than others: between 4.1 and 6.1 seconds.

Same for spitters in melee and depth dwellers.

Spitter ranged attack: 2.4 seconds.

From what I've observed spitter's doing a melee attack have a 6 second cooldown while the ranged attack seems to be 2 seconds or less.

Then again spider ranged attacks don't seem to follow cool downs properly

Edited by Mysterious box

Friendly Grass    558
40 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

From what I've observed spitter's doing a melee attack have a 6 second cooldown while the ranged attack seems to be 2 seconds or less.

Then again spider ranged attacks don't seem to follow cool downs properly

A spitter's ranged attack doesn't technically have a "cooldown" per se, yeah. But it's taunt and attack animation lengths are essentially it's "cooldown".

It's spit attack animation is 39 ticks, then goes into it's taunt animation which is 31 ticks, and then it goes into an in between idle animation for just 2 ticks. Ticks are 1/30th of a second, so a total of 2.4 seconds. I also tested this by using commands to have it print the time in between attacks to confirm this. But this can definitely vary somewhat.

Some spitters can have an attack period of 6 seconds, yes. As I said there's an innate 2 second variation.

Edited by Friendly Grass
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheggf    4307
5 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

interestingly they have special quotes for this so it's very much intentional.

If you're talking about them having quotes for a pig follower, every character has quotes for everything, even things they very much shouldn't have quotes for such as items that were removed before the character was added. Wouldn't necessarily mean something is intentional.

Mysterious box    1152
25 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If you're talking about them having quotes for a pig follower, every character has quotes for everything, even things they very much shouldn't have quotes for such as items that were removed before the character was added. Wouldn't necessarily mean something is intentional.

Fair enough maybe it's a bug but I'd like to think of it as magic altering their minds wonder if someone will make a poll on it heh.

• Like 1

Nogard78    118

Maybe not something big, but carrats eat meat, so don't drop meat on the ground when you have them around.

• Like 3
  • Wavey 1

Cheggf    4307
22 hours ago, Hornete said:

Also, usually to trigger a spider den and all its spiders, one of its spiders will need to be attacked in a distance of 12 units away from the spider den, this distance is also increased in spring by 33% to a distance of 15.96 units

Wonder if this is the reason why I sometimes felt like the spider den got pissed off from too far away. I would've never thought to pay attention to what season it was when it happened, never crossed my mind that a season would change that.

• Like 2

Hornete    10909
4 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Wonder if this is the reason why I sometimes felt like the spider den got pissed off from too far away. I would've never thought to pay attention to what season it was when it happened, never crossed my mind that a season would change that.

I remember playing a few months ago and going absolutely bonkers because I swear I wasn't near a tier 3 spider den while trying to kill spiders and the den would trigger. Apparently I hadn't encountered/realised this mechanic til then, and that's how I found out about it haha.

Spino43    620

When it's raining the birds will spawn at a significantly faster rate, therefore it's a good idea to hunt feathers during Spring.

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

BezKa    3050

Abigail's flower has sound. If you put it down you can hear it, but I can't really describe it. 

Nothing interesting, but I found that out when adjusting my decorations

• Like 1