DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

Kur0u    1063
43 minutes ago, YumoS said:

how? with /pet?

Okay I just found out you do it with /bigpet.

ShadowDuelist    9148

You can shave a random beefalo, link it with a bell, take it to caves and as soon as you go down it will have hair and can be shaved again.

Shaved beefalos can't be ridden though, they have a really  tiny mounting time regardless of what you do, so if you shave a beeefalo in the surface and you are planning to ride it in the caves where it has hair again, it will not work, for some reason it remembers having been shaved recently and will behave as if it was bald.

• Like 1

Hornete    10278
3 hours ago, Spino43 said:

I don't know Rook can wear hats

In the vanilla game they can't, Tim likely was using a mod.

GelatinousCube    840
4 hours ago, Spino43 said:

I don't know Rook can wear hats

He's standing behind the rook

5 hours ago, Tim S. said:

1. You can put your Grass Gekkos in a constant state of fear and misery using Bunnymen

I like using Saladmanders 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hornete    10278
6 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

He's standing behind the rook

Oh my god, I didn't notice that hahaha, that's clever.

• Haha 4

Well-met    6070

cookie cutters respawn extremely fast (one fourth of a day?) so they're a pretty good monster meat farm

terrorclaws only spawn if a boat exists, so if you're insane and somehow over the water with no boat then you effectively have no threat to worry over

• Like 2

Articestone    1016
36 minutes ago, Well-met said:

cookie cutters respawn extremely fast (one fourth of a day?) so they're a pretty good monster meat farm

terrorclaws only spawn if a boat exists, so if you're insane and somehow over the water with no boat then you effectively have no threat to worry over

Spiders are still better than cookie cutters for meat but it is a good alternative for a monster meat source out at sea as long u are careful enough 

Cheggf    4013
5 hours ago, Well-met said:

Terrorclaws will spawn in the cave's void if you're clipping out of bounds. Not sure if they behave differently on the surface for some reason.

• Like 2

Well-met    6070
37 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Terrorclaws will spawn in the cave's void if you're clipping out of bounds. Not sure if they behave differently on the surface for some reason.

oh nice

yeah maybe its just on my end

i dont play much woodie but i imagine it would be easy to check with weregoose

• Like 1

Articestone    1016
17 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

-Snip-

How about a fun fact to cheer you up. 

You die when ur health reaches 0

Edited by Articestone
  • Haha 2

Well-met    6070

queen bee stops actively chasing players at 50% health or less

so if a Walter has teammates to take care of the beeguards, he can hit her indefinitely with no risk

• Haha 2

HellHeater    1100

while jumping to a wormhole if you open map and change size of map quick enough you will see where you are headed to before reacing the place

• Like 1

Tim S.    570
56 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Is this new because i had a gekko pen when wendy refresh was release

I'll be glad to be proven wrong haha. But according to my testing, even a hundred days after planting there was yet a single Gekko to spawn from my underground-Tufts (after harvesting exactly 500, beginning after 100 days after being planted). So unless my tests are scuffed, given a 1% chance for Gekkos to spawn, there's a 0.657% chance that I was just lucky and a 99.343% chance that they don't spawn down there at all. 

Edit: oh look at me feeling all smart for knowing bernoulli distribution. I was absolutely wrong, forget all that, mb. Tried it again, and almost instantly spawned Grass Gekkos. Tests were poorly executed

Edited by Tim S.
  • Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    10287
Just now, Tim S. said:

I'll be glad to be proven wrong haha. But according to my testing, even a hundred days after planting there was yet a single Gekko to spawn from my underground-Tufts (after harvesting exactly 500, beginning after 100 days after being planted). So unless my tests are scuffed, given a 1% chance for Gekkos to spawn, there's a 0.657% chance that I was just lucky and a 99.343% chance that they don't spawn down there at all. 

Well, unless that klei changed it recently im 99.99% sure that gekkos spawn in caves

Even other users had talk about how inconvenient is to make  gekko farms in the caves due to being damaged by earthquakes

Also i still have that wendy world with the gekko pen. I can adress screenshots when i come home

• Like 2