DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

Hornete    11271
4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

tl;dr on staying warm would be that a maxed thermal stone will keep you warm for about 4 minutes if you warmed it at a fire pit or scaled furnace, or 8 minutes if you warmed it from something hotter like multiple firepits, multiple scaled furnaces, burning trees, or magma pools. Each high tier piece of clothing adds about 10 minutes if you heat yourself up to the max before leaving, while Wes/Willow will remove about a minute and Wilson's full beard and medium clothes add about 5. I didn't do math on the small clothes because medium clothes are already not particularly good.

This is some really nice information, I appreciate it a lot!

• Like 1

Friendly Grass    562
3 minutes ago, Mj- said:

If you want to get rid of Bearger easily just drop any kind of food close or just under him.

And then you remember you have jellybeans on you :wilson_resigned:

Bearger will agro you and won’t lose agro if you’re holding jellybeans, but won’t actually eat them...

You have to first drop the jellybeans on the ground, ideally lead bearger a bit away, give her a delicious rot, then go pick up your jellybeans and leave.

• Hunger 1

Cheggf    4621
1 minute ago, Friendly Grass said:

Bearger will agro you and won’t lose agro if you’re holding jellybeans, but won’t actually eat them...

You have to first drop the jellybeans on the ground, ideally lead bearger a bit away, give her a delicious rot, then go pick up your jellybeans and leave.

The other day I was confused thinking they updated Bearger's AI to make him super aggressive, but the next day he was behaving as normal and I had no idea why. I had no idea he hates jellybeans so much.

• Haha 1

QuartzBeam    6235
22 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The other day I was confused thinking they updated Bearger's AI to make him super aggressive, but the next day he was behaving as normal and I had no idea why. I had no idea he hates jellybeans so much.

It's not just Jellybeans. It's any food that is made with honey or royal jelly.

• Like 2

Mj-    239
25 minutes ago, Friendly Grass said:

This is strange! For me I have been doing this for ages now, she never re-agro or tries to chase me after I gave her food! She even didn't try to chase me when I'm holding food!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hornete    11271
13 minutes ago, Mj- said:

This is strange! For me I have been doing this for ages now, she never re-agro or tries to chase me after I gave her food! She even didn't try to chase me when I'm holding food!

Looking at the code and testing in-game, it looks like they'll agro onto you if they haven't eaten anything after 30 seconds, and you have a honey item on you. But you say you've been doing it for ages so I assume you've tried longer than atleast 30 seconds... I wonder if this behavior of bearger is a bit bugged in some cases then :beguiled:

Wardin25    2565
3 hours ago, lakhnish said:

This is because mobs are only wet when the environment is wet (it's like an on/off switch).

to wetten a mob i have to overwater the ground, got it

• Haha 3

Friendly Grass    562
On 4/29/2021 at 8:50 PM, frankwizza said:

An alternative way of cooling your thermal stone that I don't see many people use.

Just adding on to this, each snowball (and watering can usage!) instantly cools nearby thermals by 5 degrees, completely bypassing the normal 1 degree per second cooling for cooling sources, and it can cool thermals to their minimum temperature even in the hottest of summers. You can cool thermal stones from 90 degrees to -20 in just a few seconds. Also, ice boxes only cool thermal stones to 0 degrees, and even a polar light just cools to ~0 in summer as well.

Sorry for the terrible quality and such

Still not game breaking or anything, but I think it's really cool.

Edited by Friendly Grass
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

BeeClops    1333
11 hours ago, Tim S. said:

3. Player-centered light sources stack.

I love this one, it works for thermals too. Try filling up your krampus sack and inventory with pond/multiple furnace heated thermal stones. You'll glow like the sun :D

Festive light hutch is awesome, I imagine a crown shard should work as well for that.

• Haha 1
  • Happy Hazard 2

Nogard78    120

Shadow creatures can take demage form Toadstool's boomshrooms, get killed and drop precious nightmare fuel.

• Like 4