DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

Recommended Posts

Sunset Skye    12101
On 2/6/2021 at 5:36 AM, Sunset Skye said:

If you walk over fire nettles while riding a beefalo, the initial damage will go to the beefalo while the heat will go to you!

A (possibly obvious?) extension of this that I've figured out btw: For beefalo still in the taming process, getting damaged by fire nettles like this will contribute to making them ornery, which is neat. Seems a bit more controllable than something like bees.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuartzBeam    4948
46 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

A (possibly obvious?) extension of this that I've figured out btw: For beefalo still in the taming process, getting damaged by fire nettles like this will contribute to making them ornery, which is neat. Seems a bit more controllable than something like bees.

I vaguely recall something about beefalo losing domestication when they take damage? Is that only when they're hit by the player themself (themselves?).
 

If this actually works, I know how I'm getting an ornery beefalo. I got like 60 Fire Nettles planted for decorative purposes. :D

Oh, that bring ups another question: do Beefalo gets damaged by fire nettles if they are being ridden by Wormwood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well-met    5772
3 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I vaguely recall something about beefalo losing domestication when they take damage? Is that only when they're hit by the player themself (themselves?).
 

If this actually works, I know how I'm getting an ornery beefalo. I got like 60 Fire Nettles planted for decorative purposes. :D

Oh, that bring ups another question: do Beefalo gets damaged by fire nettles if they are being ridden by Wormwood?

player damage will make it lose a ton of domes yes

as far as I know ornery is built around damage dealt, not taken

you can tame ornery by deploying lureplants or walls constantly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeeClops    1189
6 minutes ago, Well-met said:

player damage will make it lose a ton of domes yes

as far as I know ornery is built around damage dealt, not taken

you can tame ornery by deploying lureplants or walls constantly

I think i remember it has to do with damage taken as well, meaning you could tame it by picking up cactus and spiky bushes while you're on him now. Not sure if that's the case tho

Edited by BeeClops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    7041

While the topic's rolling about beefalo training, there's anims of the Beefalo being whipped and responding both positively to it and negatively, are these used? Does the whip actually do anything domestication wise? (Aside from making it want to kill you that is.)

image.png.ebdb91013f517db0897e139f852bd848.png

Edited by -Variant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well-met    5772
1 minute ago, -Variant said:

While the topic's rolling about beefalo training, there's anims of the Beefalo being whipped and responding both positively to it and negatively, are these used? Does the whip actually do anything domestication wise? (Aside from making it want to kill you that is.)

No.

unless it's been changed this very update

Edited by Well-met

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cr4zyFl4mes    293

Don't know how unknown it is, but hitched beefaloes don't sleep at night, so you can keep feeding it to prevent obedience loss. I used it in winter, cause my beef was constantly throwing the saddle off. Better than hopping on it just to wake it up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BezKa    2255
2 hours ago, Hornete said:

YOTB added 2 new emotes that are specifically done on beefalo! 

 

/pet and /bigpet, They're very cute emotes :)

OMG THANK YOU

I was just wondering that I wish there was some way to pet my loyal steed. I am so glad it's a thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheggf    3593
On 2/6/2021 at 7:28 PM, Spino43 said:

No, but I doubt anyone will carry manure in their pocket at all times :D

Wilson does.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DelroyBM    1334
On 1/27/2021 at 3:04 AM, Bird Up said:

you can drop 3 individual logs under a beehive and burn one, and it will destroy the bee hive without burning the resources. better than dealing with the killer bees.

killer bee hives are a little stronger and seems to burn quicker so doesnt work too well for them

Why three individual logs? How is it different to placing just one and why place three when you are burning just one? Really curious about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wigfrids hat    5198
1 hour ago, Crestwave said:

Fun fact, shadow creatures can aggro on and attack innocent creatures if they get hit from them falling. :D

oh! i've never seen that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geometric Placement could be used as client-side-semi-night-vision, because it shows grid and objects in dark when you try to build or place something, but still you need vaild light source to avoid Chalie.

I know this is not official content or mechanic but who doesn't use Geometric Placement

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now