Any unknown mechanic to share?

12 hours ago, JackJohnsn said:
  •  Dropping a poisoned canary ( a canary that is kept in a cage at caves ) on surface will set it free while also dropping 6 saffron feathers. One might leave some canaries in caves and do this every few days for some guaranteed feathers.

As a side note, you can drop it right by a bird trap so the canary freed will be caught again immediately, then you can put it back in caves and repeat. This way you won't have to wait to catch another canary.

Edited by RStudio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 2019/9/30 at 10:39 PM, SonicDen220 said:

What does that multiplier mean exactly? Does it only affect negative sanity auras or positive auras as well?

Wortox, Wolfgang and Wendy's multiplier only affect negative auras. Willow has a 1.1x multiplier which affects both. Her modifier also takes structure and equipment into account.

Edited by cean
Added more description.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

in shipwrecked, shadow hands that spawn in the water cant extuinguish campfires or firepits on land.

i dont know if this is true in dst too.

handtryingtokillfirebutcantonland.PNG.7fce444b1d4713a1e68e2b7d40cf8e4c.PNG

It doesn't seem like shadow hands can spawn on the water in DST - They can, however, spawn on land and stretch towards a firepit on a boat.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Electroely said:

It doesn't seem like shadow hands can spawn on the water in DST - They can, however, spawn on land and stretch towards a firepit on a boat.

What happens to the hand when you move the boat? Does the arm bend? Does it change its direction?

• Like 1

Just now, SonicDen220 said:

What happens to the hand when you move the boat? Does the arm bend? Does it change its direction?

The arm's wrist bends, and it changes directions to head towards your boat's firepit still. I don't have any screenshots on me but I'll edit this post as soon as I get one.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Electroely said:

The arm's wrist bends, and it changes directions to head towards your boat's firepit still. I don't have any screenshots on me but I'll edit this post as soon as I get one.

you should make a gif or video, it's really nice to watch

- You can plant many flowers in a small area, haunt them to turn them into evil flowers, and then you have what's called a sanity station, that you can stay on top of with a bee queen hat and you will gain sanity really fast

- Now the unknown mechanic for pro wendies is that an active Abigail 's flower dropped on ground turns into an evil flower when you dc and relog, or when you go to caves and back. This happens as long as the turf dropped on is butterfly plantable. This method can place flowers much tighter than butterfly planting, which creates stronger sanity stations

Video of this

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

- You can plant many flowers in a small area, haunt them to turn them into evil flowers, and then you have what's called a sanity station, that you can stay on top of with a bee queen hat and you will gain sanity really fast

- Now the unknown mechanic for pro wendies is that an active Abigail 's flower dropped on ground turns into an evil flower when you dc and relog, or when you go to caves and back. This happens as long as the turf dropped on is butterfly plantable. This method can place flowers much tighter than butterfly planting, which creates stronger sanity stations

Video of this

Lakhnish channel is a goldmine for unknown mechanics, highly recommended to check the full channel and reading each description and his comments as well as his followed channels. BTW do we have a thread similar to this for DS?

Edited by Mahoood
  • Thanks 5

On 10/5/2019 at 1:53 PM, loopuleasa said:

It doesn't need to be an active flower, and you don't need to so called "break the link" by logging in and out. You can just make lots of flowers, use the mod to drop them near each other, and then wait a few days until they turn into normal flowers, same as Bernie. Notice that skipping the game days by using c_skip(n) doesn't activate this, the time actually has to pass.

The mod used for this : Sanity Station

Edited by JackJohnsn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you're playing as Maxwell and strike BERNIE! once, he'll kill one of your workers.

Spoiler

My guess about that mechanic is because Maxwell's Workers aggro BERNIE! for a pretty short time, because Maxwell attacked BERNIE!. But they'll deaggro quickly since they can't fight mobs at all. However that short interval is enough for BERNIE! to attack the Workers as BERNIE! attacks everything that aggros on a nearby character or BERNIE! himself.

• Like 5

Monster characters can befriend bunnymen if you use a one-man band to make them friendly for a few seconds and then feeding them.But it seems that bunnymen's aggro range to monsters is bigger than one-man band's range,so you need to un-aggro them(bush hat is pretty good for this) or get close to them before they get aggro'd.When your target(s) stops trying to murder you just feed them some carrots and they will be your new slave(s),remember to unequip the one-man band to not waste durability.

Screenshot_709.png.137599701dc0b688843ddb77ea20b8eb.png

Not really that useful but it's a funny little bug and i don't really know if this makes me a traitor,but who cares? 

Also they will betray you if another bunnyman decides to bite your face off and this can't be done to pigs.

Spoiler

Extra image for no reason at all:Screenshot_708.png.d57848b7d3f5cb673c2dd07fa310d1eb.png

Edited by Lammarr
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if it has been posted , but when you hear hounds starting to growl, go down a cave before they spawn , come back up after a few seconds. You still hear growling for a few seconds but the hounds never appear. Good trick when your out doing stuff and dont want to bother dealing with them. 

• Like 5

• Bunnymen used to eat purple gems off of the telelocator focus.
  • Sleeping in a tent or siesta lean-to will continuously spawn hunts nearby. A way to confirm this is to install a zoom mod, then zoom out as far as possible while sleeping, and watch the footprints appear and disappear while you're sleeping.
  • You can produce infinite leafy meat by placing a lureplant near a pond. The frog will start to lick / attack the lureplant, dropping one leafy meat each time, resulting in hundreds of leafy meats. Notice that if you don't place the lureplant on a turf that blocks eyeplants ( such as cobblestone ) the eyeplants will eventually kill the frog.
  • You can light firepits using a firestaff.
  • You can technically chop, mine, dig and fight in complete darkness, although you can't see anything so you can't click anything. This is why Maxwell's puppets are able to do activities in darkness.
Edited by JackJohnsn
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JackJohnsn said:

I like the music while it's generating though. It sounds like someone is pulling off someone else's mustache strays one by one, like what we used to see in Tom & Jerry.

Never seen anyone describe loading screen sounds like this before.

You have no idea how much respect from me this one sentence has gotten you.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Never seen anyone describe loading screen sounds like this before.

You have no idea how much respect from me this one sentence has gotten you.

Well that was fast, I was trying to post the reply in another post but for some reason the forum software is "too smart" and merges totally irrelevant posts.

I even try to accompany the screen by making stupid sounds as I described above.:D

Edited by JackJohnsn
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, JackJohnsn said:
  • You can produce infinite leafy meat by placing a lureplant near a pond. The frog will start to lick / attack the lureplant, dropping one leafy meat each time, resulting in hundreds of leafy meats. Notice that if you don't place the lureplant on a turf that blocks eyeplants ( such as cobblestone ) the eyeplants will eventually kill the frog.

For some reason this never works for me. The frog always kill the lureplant before it can produce any meat.

• Thanks 1

• Using a deconstruction staff on an object that includes a gem, will not yield any gem. For example, deconstructing a icestaff will only yield a spear, and deconstructing a purple gem will yield nothing. This was implemented to prevent generating endless materials forever, since you can deconstruct another deconstruction staff and mass produce gems and even food ( by deconstructing a hambat or bunny hutch ). Something that even infinity stones couldn't do.
  • You can use deconstruction staff on napsack or scaled flooring to make 5 shroom skins or dragonfly scales at the cost of 1.20 green gems. Everyone asks if we were cheating in a server that had over 100 glowcaps, while it was generated using this method :D
  • If your server has a poor swamp with few reeds, you can use the above method later on to produce papyrus by deconstructing spider eggs. You can even switch character and choose Webber over and over, to get a free spider egg. A few purple gems should not be a problem on a world that is on a high day count.
  • Like 1
  • Happy Hazard 1

How to make beebox produce honey underground where there are not ceiling light.

1) Use star staff  to get some lights.

2) Plant some flowers.

3) Turn flowers into evil flowers (haunt). Evil flowers don't wither even when there are no lights.

4) place a bee box nearby

Optional

5) bring some homeless bees down there as well. Homeless bees will help planting more flowers around the area. May sure you put down some scaled flooring to fire proof the area. Otherwise if a newly spawned flower near a star can catch fire and spread to the surrounding area.

7) may as well build some pig house nearby. Pigs will come out during daytime.

Before you ask, no you cannot spawn butterfly underground with this method.

(Last I check this trick doesn't work with moon staff. Things may have changed thou)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mday said:

How to make beebox produce honey underground where there are not ceiling light.

1) Use star staff  to get some lights.

2) Plant some flowers.

3) Turn flowers into evil flowers (haunt). Evil flowers don't wither even when there are no lights.

4) place a bee box nearby

Optional

5) bring some homeless bees down there as well. Homeless bees will help planting more flowers around the area. May sure you put down some scaled flooring to fire proof the area. Otherwise if a newly spawned flower near a star can catch fire and spread to the surrounding area.

7) may as well build some pig house nearby. Pigs will come out during daytime.

Before you ask, no you cannot spawn butterfly underground with this method.

(Last I check this trick doesn't work with moon staff. Things may have changed thou)

I think you can also do it by placing a bunch of fireflies sticked to each bee hive, the bees will consider the glow enough light to come out, although I haven't done this in a long time and im not sure if it was patched.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:12 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

The best method to farm Krampus via Wicker's books:

1. Set up a large Tooth trap field on a truf patch that also spawns red birds/ snow birds.

2. Prepare armor, a Boomerang, and a melee weapon

3. prepare Birds of the World and Sleepytime Stories

4. prepare some heals and sanity regen

5. REad Birds of the world

6. Read STS

7. Start whacking the birds

8. When the birds start to wake up and the krampii haven't spawned yet, stop moving, then read BIrds of the World and STS ASAP so they don't fly off

9. When the Krampii arrive, aggro them with the boomerang if the drops in the tooth trap field do not entice them

10. repeat as desired

Read REad Birds of the world x 2 + Sleepytime Stories x 1 *before the night falls*. Birds and krampus stay asleep during night time. Unless it is summer you should have enough time to kill all the birds and krampus alone.

17 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think you can also do it by placing a bunch of fireflies sticked to each bee hive, the bees will consider the glow enough light to come out, although I haven't done this in a long time and im not sure if it was patched.

I tested this just now. I am not sure if I have done anything wrong on this thou.

Looks like the bee will come out, get to a flower, then realize it is dark outside and get back to the bee box right away. So no honey produced.

I think to make this work you will need to put down some fireflies on top of each flowers as well?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1