Any unknown mechanic to share?

Ok, lets try this:

-Wait for the 1st full moon to destroy pig heads. They'll have opened eyes and will give you easy nightmares fuel.

-If you hate big tentacles, just drop 4 gunpowders. Easy and fast. 

-Plant eyeballs near Goose Goose nests, especially if you have a triple spawn somewhere, like near my base. The mother will try to destroy it before eyeballs grow up, so you'll have to replant it. But if you plant like 2 at good distance, and if you have the chance to see around 15 babies, make them go to the plant. The mother will come to defend of course but she wont straight destroy the main flower and all the babies will die. Then kill the flower and leave the mum if you dont want to fight. That day, that disaster brings me 35 fearthers, plus meat, without any fight. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/24/2019 at 11:54 PM, Brago-sama said:

Thermal stones can be repaired with a sew kit (ok maybe not mindblowing but I didn't know about it for the longest time.

... I didn't know this. Honestly I never tried because it makes zero sense.

• Like 2

It is written on wikia that:

The Shadow Thurible can be used on the Surface and Cave variants of the Reanimated Skeleton and does not have any effect on the Ancient Fuelweaver.

But actually, if you are holding a shadow thurible, the ancient fuelweaver won't hit you with bone cage but the fossil spikes. Since the bone cage has been buffed and fossil spikes are easy to dodge, I think holding a shadow thurbile when you are not hitting fuelweaver can help a lot.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Broodalize said:

Every first winter in a new game, I have a desert base set up to farm tumbleweeds for gears and trinkets.

Before the deerclops comes, I get everyone to my humble base so he spawns there. I then run him to the dragonfly and let her slap him around.

That is quite common behavior, most people search early for tumbleweeds because grass and twig gather speed is much improved

And boss on boss action is common too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cean said:

It is written on wikia that:

But actually, if you are holding a shadow thurible, the ancient fuelweaver won't hit you with bone cage but the fossil spikes. Since the bone cage has been buffed and fossil spikes are easy to dodge, I think holding a shadow thurbile when you are not hitting fuelweaver can help a lot.

Thank you for this! I didn't know this at all.

I did some further testing with the thurible, since it doesn't seem like it was looked into much. And as it turns out: Its effect is AoE, not dependent on who's holding it. Meaning, if you hold it near a friend, both of you will be immune to the bone cage. Better yet:
image.png.f33772de83aee118846bf1bdcb99498b.png

Drop it on the ground! As long as you're a tile and a half near it, you're immune to the bone cage! I think this will be very useful to players fighting the Ancient Fuelweaver alone for extra bone armors or fighting it with friends to get everyone a set of the Fuelweaver's drops.

In case you're wondering what happens if you go a tile and a half away from the thurible...
image.png.c0b73b593359d408ca48a6153199acb6.png

Thank you again for the info! I think it's a really cool unknown mechanic.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 11

The reason why Wigfrid can eat Jellybeans is because she can foods that are of the foodtype Meat and of the foodtype Goodies (which is what Jellybeans are).

What that also means is that she can eat Taffy, cause Taffy was changed from being a Veggie to a Goodie during Warly's rework.

Speaking of Veggies, Ice Cream (and Waffles) are still considered to be a Veggie, even though the recipe for Ice Cream forbids veggies, ehich I thought was funny.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:50 PM, Brago-sama said:

Baby tentacles drop one soul each for wortox. Infinite, continuous free food/health source for wortox down in the caves

^ This was patched a long time ago btw.

Edited by lakhnish
*eat Taffy. forgot the word eat
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Poebus said:

dragonfly might burn the rewards, so i rather suggest you to bring them to herd of beefalo/tentacles

to earn some items and finish off the rest

I believe the worst case scenario is that the meat gets cooked, which I see as a welcome exchange for not having to deal with the dragonfly at all.

I don't like killing off beefalo before their first mating, personally. Also, the lava pits are a free way to stay warm in the winter while deerclops is giving you grief.

Edited by Broodalize
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 5:12 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

The best method to farm Krampus via Wicker's books:

1. Set up a large Tooth trap field on a truf patch that also spawns red birds/ snow birds.

2. Prepare armor, a Boomerang, and a melee weapon

3. prepare Birds of the World and Sleepytime Stories

4. prepare some heals and sanity regen

5. REad Birds of the world

6. Read STS

7. Start whacking the birds

8. When the birds start to wake up and the krampii haven't spawned yet, stop moving, then read BIrds of the World and STS ASAP so they don't fly off

9. When the Krampii arrive, aggro them with the boomerang if the drops in the tooth trap field do not entice them

10. repeat as desired

extra tips from me for this farm...

try and have all the people be sane while farming.. shadow creatures spook birds away

while reading books make all people to stay close together.. the less area you occupy the more birds you'll get

during daytime read Birds of the World twice before reading Sleeping Time Stories for double the birds and time saving. Works best if you got 2 friends farming with you. You can try this also in the afternoon but it's not as effective.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On the new Woodie :
- to transform in a specific form at full moon, eat an idol before it starts, and you will keep the long duration

- if you are starving as Woodie, you can change in a were form, and the were meter will double as hunger, allowing you time to find food

• Like 5

6 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

On the new Woodie :
- to transform in a specific form at full moon, eat an idol before it starts, and you will keep the long duration

- if you are starving as Woodie, you can change in a were form, and the were meter will double as hunger, allowing you time to find food

2 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

put your phone or something in space bar to auto-chop/mine/pick up

This thread is for talking about mechanics in the game that you think few people know about, not tips & tricks.

Just now, Electroely said:

This thread is for talking about mechanics in the game that you think few people know about, not tips & tricks.

okey,sry

Then i want to talk about this (sorry if is consider spam but i didnt found anything related)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSUVbZ49R4

This happend to me a lot when i fight walrus. I have ~1 ping and it happends with and without lag prediction

I cant remember if this happends to with bishop but I think it never happend to me

I’ve been using “Boat Kits” to cheat getting acrossed small bodies of water to a side of the map I want to be on. The small stream sized ones, too small to actually navigate a boat through but just big enough to place the boat and use it to hop from island to island.

(I’m sure people have surely figured this out by now.. and I’m also sure that if Klei did not intend for boats to become platforms to cross small gaps they will decrease the size of the gap between the two islands so you can no longer place boats between them to get across) 

But for now... enjoy it while it lasts!

Edited by Mike23Ua

24 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

okey,sry

Then i want to talk about this (sorry if is consider spam but i didnt found anything related)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSUVbZ49R4

This happend to me a lot when i fight walrus. I have ~1 ping and it happends with and without lag prediction

I cant remember if this happends to with bishop but I think it never happend to me

I think that happens when you get so close to the point where MacTusk's dart comes out (the tip of the pipe) that the dart has to adjust its angle a lot to go towards you. It doesn't hit you because the projectile hasn't activated yet I think and on the frame it does activate you're already out of its way.

23 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I think that happens when you get so close to the point where MacTusk's dart comes out (the tip of the pipe) that the dart has to adjust its angle a lot to go towards you. It doesn't hit you because the projectile hasn't activated yet I think and on the frame it does activate you're already out of its way.

I thought something similar but a couple of times happends to me in medium distance :/

I know I’m a little late to the party but here are some tips that I think are useful in certain situations and others can really save you some time on a rush(some are just for fun too):

-DO NOT,and I repeat,DO NOT click on any spore (blue,red or green) and drag them to the Mushroom lights,this can go pretty bad if you miss the tiny hit box of the structure and drop all the spores you have(the maximum you can carry is 20,so if you misclick you can get punished by wasting 2 bug nets and losing all the spores to the wild again).

-Eggs can be cooked and given to a bird to lay more eggs,making this,a renewable way to make new eggs.

-Some turfs have higher preference than others,you can search in the forums to know which one has the highest.

-stocking piles of stone fruit during the year and letting Bearger do all the work with his stomp attack is a simple way of getting food,rocks and seeds.

-You can make a “living bomb” by  putting 20 Mosquitos in each slot of a bundling wrap and lighting of fire, when the bundling wrap is destroyed all of his itens will drop,and this will cause a massive spawn of 80 mosquitos(I’ve only see this once in a public server during winter’s feast when a wickerbottom gave a present to a new player and it had like 15+ mosquitos,it’s not the most efficient thing to know about the game but is hilarious to do and see it happening).

-The “brew of phobic abrogation” is useless every time of the year with the exception of Halloween night(because bats will not spawn unless you’re in the event).

-Players can induce wetness in summer by clicking fast on the sea with a paddle,this will make your boat sail a little,make your wetness meter goes up,and then will cool you down.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

Just keep bees fed in inventory, 40 is enough

This was when I was taking on dragonfly for the first time and I had no idea how many heals I needed so I thought what's wrong with 4 stacks of souls......

Of course now I know that's way too much but hey hindsight is 20/20

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe a lot already know, but who knows, when i started DST i didn't get this info easily maybe it helps someone.

Just like when you farm your berry bushes put them together , if you use this a lot ( like 40 when using Wicker) gobblers will spawn so you can make a square little fence with a berry ( cheaper early game ) and they will not aim your berry bushes, instead they go for the berry in the ground.
( You can use powdercake later )

The same principle its applied to bunnyman if you want to keep them outside their house , you can also fence their village if you want a cheaper set-up early game / survival cave base to use and farm faster without hammering/building again , so they wont run too far away . If you feed them a carrot and target with a fake attack without carrying meat is how you easily farm them, similar to webber spider wars , can't do this with webber/wortox.

You can also use the same method with pigs , a fence with rot,lightbulb,pigskin, or monster meat,etc to keep them outside , that way you can use them as defense in the early days or hire them for other tasks.. or just to farm them when full moon happens , when full moon happens they will aim the food still and even if you attack one, the other werepigs don't eat the stuff in the ground or attack you. like i said, useful in the early part of the game till you make a better farm with the moonstone event staff - the yellow one from ruins. a fresh hambat minimum to easily stunlock them without getting dmg back if you are not near moonstone.

There's more advanced stuff to do with this for moonstone event like varg gem or moon stone farm for example. but it's the mechanic that matters.

• Like 1

I noticed that there are 3 characters with sanity aura modifier effects

- Wendy 0.8* the sanity effect

- Wolfgang 1.2* the sanity effect

and surprisingly

- Wortox 0.5* the sanity effect

It seems he is not afraid to stay near monsters. Just saw it in the code.

He doesn't seem to be affected by night times like Wolfie or Wendy, just sanity auras in general, making wortox a good boss fighter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7