Any unknown mechanic to share?

4 hours ago, Canis said:

Now I *desperately* want to see a gif of that.

Hi Canis.

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Yes I'm aware of the hat, no I did not put it there. It came with the tex file. 

The hat is what makes them able to wear hats in game. It comes with most hunchbacks because again, they use the pig whatevers.
You can hat them with some code changes here and there, the red hat is invisible but becomes visible using the sprites of whatever hat they were given.

3 hours ago, Well-met said:

guess gobblers don't actually have the same punching as the others.

I mean, they were given custom attack animations but with some code changes they can use the pig animations.

Here's a fun fact thought, the Peagawks from Hamlet use a mixture of pig and Gobbler animations, but actually have unique boxing animations.
I can't recall if they had more than this, but they have an unfinished uppercut attack and I recall there being combo attacks, too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Other mechanics :

- if you want crumpled packages to drop more blueprints, don't learn the blueprints. The game checks what you have learned when opening them

- You can stunlock snurtles with whips, yielding consistent damage because they don't go in their shell

- to pick honey without angering bees, light bee box on fire with flingo in range

- anenemies do damage even when unloaded, 60 once per minute, 480 per day. You can place one on top of ancient guardian resting place and he dies in 20 days

- You can gamble destroy the pseudoscience altar for random drops, by repairing with 2 thule fragments, then hitting with hammer once, repeat. Best drop is lazy explorer

- there is a way to get out of edge of map from out of boat, and you don't down, but you cannot hide items there, including cele orb, which despawns if dropped

- boats stay motionless without anchors, unless you row once, or open a sail

On 5/26/2019 at 6:12 PM, GetNerfedOn said:

The best method to farm Krampus via Wicker's books:

1. Set up a large Tooth trap field on a truf patch that also spawns red birds/ snow birds.

2. Prepare armor, a Boomerang, and a melee weapon

3. prepare Birds of the World and Sleepytime Stories

4. prepare some heals and sanity regen

5. REad Birds of the world

6. Read STS

7. Start whacking the birds

8. When the birds start to wake up and the krampii haven't spawned yet, stop moving, then read BIrds of the World and STS ASAP so they don't fly off

9. When the Krampii arrive, aggro them with the boomerang if the drops in the tooth trap field do not entice them

10. repeat as desired

And do this on lunar Island to remove threat of nightmare creatures

• Like 6

On 8/31/2019 at 10:14 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Don't know if posted but

Gnawing a Giantic Bee Hive as Woodie gives ridiculously more honey/combs due to the fact that woodie's gnawing is less efficient at activating the queen, meaning he can gnaw it much more times resulting in it dropping far more honeys than with a normal hammer.

I got 10 honey with this method as BQ spawned, then ran, and repeated.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Did someone manage to put a hat on a gobbler?:wilson_shocked:

There aren't any means to do it legitimately ingame, but they do support hats in their animations. Maybe it was an intended feature at some point.

You can give them a hat of your choice via console commands or mods. 

image.png.335aafc5247f0e41767256687c9d60a6.png 

Edited by Electroely
Added image
  • Like 6
  • Haha 9
  • GL Happy 1

4 minutes ago, JoSmoCoolStuf said:

Dig up carrats, then drop a trap to catch them. Next, drop them on a boat and they will eventually walk on water desperately trying to reach land but can never go back. Enjoy their screams as you sail the seas. ♥

Alternatively, upon finding a planted Carrat, you can set it on fire for dinner and a show.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2019 at 1:37 PM, Electroely said:

I thought I'd share this in this thread because I have never heard of anyone go into detail on this mechanic, and because the wiki states inaccurate information about it. And I have DEFINITELY never heard of anyone farming heat food and putting it into an insulated pack for winter.

The reason people are not using this (for winter at least) was the lack of insulated backpack in the first year for public servers and low inventory slots for long lasting servers, making it not so popular therefore not so talked about. With Warly that's not a problem anymore, except that for the first winter you'll probably only have ingredients for Kabobs, Spicy Chili and Honey Ham and unfortunately that's not quite enough to keep you warm 24/7 with a winter hat without hitting food penalties, but still good enough to do what you need to do for a lot longer than usual (ruins in winter, Warly's got your back), but Warly isn't popular and neither is his chef pouch so all of that sums it up on why this mechanic isn't popular despite how useful it is.

Plus, no one knows what you're eating at the end of the day in game. So there is that.

For summer, well... there is barely any reason to take long walks on the surface so the food aren't as necessary.

• Like 3

On 9/9/2019 at 10:30 AM, loopuleasa said:

- You can gamble destroy the pseudoscience altar for random drops, by repairing with 2 thule fragments, then hitting with hammer once, repeat. Best drop is lazy explorer

On 8/31/2019 at 11:14 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Gnawing a Giantic Bee Hive as Woodie gives ridiculously more honey/combs due to the fact that woodie's gnawing is less efficient at activating the queen, meaning he can gnaw it much more times resulting in it dropping far more honeys than with a normal hammer.

I wonder if those can be combined for more gambling attempts as beaver for less thulecite spent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shadowDigga said:

I wonder if those can be combined for more gambling attempts as beaver for less thulecite spent.

We'll know in 24 hours if it's still possible: I tested it recently and it appears to be working, but using that method you'll need to have more than only one player at the station, since the Werebeaver can't repair Pseudoscience Stations and his fighting abilites ain't that good.

• Like 3

Warly's honey seasoning effect can also be applied to stone fruits.

Use On Tentacles to bunnyman farm to mass-produce grape-flavor meat and spikes.

The way to demolish tier 3 spider nest during a day without any armor - using spider hat. Equip it and hit the nest. The remaining spiders  jump out from the nest will immediately become your side and join your demolition, attack the nest till it'll be destroyed. Recommend to Webber users.

And this.. Another use of domesticated beefalo - nightmare fuel farming. Since armor durability doesn't decrease when riding on a beefalo, you can stably hunt nightmare creatures while not scratching the bone helm. Plus BERNIE! could be the cherry on top.

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, HeatAndRun said:

The way to demolish tier 3 spider nest during a day without any armor - using spider queen hat. Equip it and hit the nest. The remained spiders  jump out from the nest will immediately become your side and join your demolition, attack the nest till it'll be destroyed. Recommend to Webber users.

What, spider hat has a use?

• Haha 4