DelroyBM

Any unknown mechanic to share?

Sunset Skye    5,792
On 7/3/2019 at 3:54 AM, -Variant said:

I can't say it's a "Mechanic", so I put it in a spoiler.

It's just a neat little feature, I guess. Not many other places to share this with.

Hide contents

Players will use different hit animations depending on what they're hit by.
Standard makes the character jump up, as usual.

Getting hit by cave-in debris will have the character play a unique animation. (Looks like you're getting hit by something in the head. Expected.)

And Antlion spikes will send you flying into the air, too.

"Players will use different hit animations depending on what they're hit by." is a bit of a silly way to word this. ~98% of the damage sources in the game will cause the same generic hit animation, while antlion spikes and cave-in debris specifically have unique animations.

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

-Variant    5,206
2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

"Players will use different hit animations depending on what they're hit by." is a bit of a silly way to word this. ~98% of the damage sources in the game will cause the same generic hit animation, while antlion spikes and cave-in debris specifically have unique animations.

Yes, much better wording, I wrote this ages ago while I was tired. I should probably update it real quick. Thanks!

• Like 1

Mrklli    743
On 27.5.2019 at 5:31 AM, Terra_Zina said:

You can use Glommers Goop as fertilizer. Idk WHY you would use it for that, but hey.

You would use it for that if you're playing Warly, you are starving and need crops asap and your only teammate is Wormwood. Done that. :'D

• Haha 1

GetNerfedOn    3,450
On 7/3/2019 at 1:15 AM, The 2C3D said:

088215AC-A42A-45A0-B0B7-63079EE82804.thumb.jpeg.40d3ace564d7952dbf37157798faa571.jpeg

snip!

To expand upon this,

You can expediate the catching of a rabbit via trap using the same principles.

1. Ensure that the rabbit in question is a far enough distance from its' home to facilitate the proper deployment of a trap. If in case it is too near, check another hole, or wait for it tostep away, lest it  immediately enter the hole upon being notified of your dastardly presence.

2. Deploy the trap directly between the rabbit and its' domicile.

20190904225919_1.thumb.jpg.a368f308f74adf29589cd5d3fe3cc2a1.jpg

3. Trigger the rabbit's drive to return home out of pure panic by stepping on the circle around it that @The 2C3D has kindly described.

20190904225922_1.thumb.jpg.a26d9cf7d371a653483b37e056b4ebcc.jpg

4. Watch with glee as the rabbit blindly runs into your trap .

20190904225923_1.thumb.jpg.7a749e8ff0d02aa750257297f1598484.jpg

5. Profit! Feast on your morsels and enjoy your continued Prestihatitator patronage!

Side note: You can also use the rabbit's fear AI to immediately catch it once you evict it from it's hole with a shovel by placing a trap in it's path (which is always directly away from you) prior to digging. I shall provide screenshots at a later date.

Edited by GetNerfedOn
  • Like 2

galaxygonzo    1

Released fireflies remain in the same place at night.

Try to waste as little time picking twigs and grass. Find the tumbleweed biome and go to town for easy efficient resource gathering

Cooked green shrooms are great for restoring sanity especially in caves.

Not so much an unknown mechanic as key bind suggestion: Switch the F and Space key defaults. Using space for attack instead of F allows for better maneuvering while fighting. Use F to interact. Also, use Tab for map. I prefer Left Shift to Left Ctrl for force attack. 

More tips than mechanics but yeah

• Like 1

__IvoCZE__    6,497
1 hour ago, galaxygonzo said:

Not so much an unknown mechanic as key bind suggestion: Switch the F and Space key defaults. Using space for attack instead of F allows for better maneuvering while fighting. Use F to interact. Also, use Tab for map. I prefer Left Shift to Left Ctrl for force attack. 

what is this player?

• Haha 3

GetNerfedOn    3,450

Something i discovered:

When you are in want of houndsteeth late in the game:

1. When the signal for a hound attack begins, exit the game.

2. Relog.

3. Hounds will have already spawned onscreen, but the hound warning shall still be ongoing. (ensure that you have taken as much precautions as you have, e.g. standing near beefs or a tooth trap field)

4. Repeat as desired.

Pixil    461

If you're struggling for gold or just want to defile graves, Woodie can go Werebeaver and gnaw them (You still lose sanity from gravedigging this way)

Bee2017    229

When fighting the Ancient Guardian   take off the lag prediction   It will help in the fight.

3D4237218EF4FFF634354FE5452047E424A5DE27 (1280Ã702)

Edited by Bee2017
  • Like 1

CameoAppearance    1,118

The waves of a frog or mosquito pond rotate with your camera. If they're horizontal, you're facing either directly north or directly south. Turf sprites on the ground are also slightly asymmetrical and can be used to orient yourself as well, but the differences are subtler.

• Like 2

Bee2017    229
On 5/26/2019 at 10:12 AM, GetNerfedOn said:

The best method to farm Krampus via Wicker's books:

1. Set up a large Tooth trap field on a truf patch that also spawns red birds/ snow birds.

2. Prepare armor, a Boomerang, and a melee weapon

3. prepare Birds of the World and Sleepytime Stories

4. prepare some heals and sanity regen

5. REad Birds of the world

6. Read STS

7. Start whacking the birds

8. When the birds start to wake up and the krampii haven't spawned yet, stop moving, then read BIrds of the World and STS ASAP so they don't fly off

9. When the Krampii arrive, aggro them with the boomerang if the drops in the tooth trap field do not entice them

10. repeat as desired

Very good advice.

Another way to get the krampus sacks is to farm birds near the bunnymen.  place a wall around the area  you want the birds to fall.  Wicker read your books.  Have a tele (purple staff available to tele the shadows)  then the bunnymen will kill the Krampus for you.

• Like 1

Ismael Marin    251
On 31/8/2019 at 6:04 PM, Brago-sama said:

He mistyped disease, a mechanic in which after a certain amount of days, most replanted plants (grass tufts, berry bushes, twig saplings) will succumb to it and start giving rot instead of thier specific resources.

Ah, i know about disease, but the mistype really confused me.

• Like 1

Viktor234    2,718
2 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

- wig can eat honey, eggs and taffy, and they're quite good on her

Wigfrid can't eat honey.

2 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

-You can void walk out of bounds in caves or waterwalk on surface by placing a wardrobe close to edge of map, or a 2-statue + 2 wooden gate setup close to map. Open gates, go close to statues, close the gates. To teleport back in land, type /rescue

Void Walking on water will result in drowning. Void Walking still works in caves but items dropped in void will just disappear, so don't drop any items and try not to die.

Ezaroth    1,017
8 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

-thermal stones stack, so you can easily survive winter with two thermals and no winter gear, just repair them with sewing kits

How does this work? Does it make both thermal stones lose temperature at a slower rate?

__IvoCZE__    6,497
11 hours ago, nylhe said:

U can refuel ur magilminaescence amulet with nightmare fuel

Get nae naed

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Sad 1

YumoS    216

if you put glow berries or light bulbs inside hutch he will glow in the dark like a lantern fish.

Edited by YumoS
added more info
  • Like 1

__IvoCZE__    6,497
7 minutes ago, YumoS said:

if you put glow berries or light bulbs inside hutch he will glow in the dark like a lantern fish.

that's uh a very known mechanic, he even has two transformations ( spear and a one-man-band) and you trigger them by having a lightbulb inside him.

Canis    9,947
1 minute ago, Well-met said:

Mactusk has a melee attack which he rarely uses.

in 1,300 hours I've only been slapped once though

@watermelen671, is there an animation for this?