Any unknown mechanic to share?

On 5/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, lakhnish said:

If you have two telelocator focus set up in a world, and If you stand in the center of one of said Telelocator Focus, when you use the Telelocator Staff to teleport yourself, you won't teleport to the focus you're currently under. Instead, you will teleport to the opposite Telelocator Focus

Does this work in DS? Just wondering.

• Like 1

- I sacrifice both Bearger and Deerclops to the mighty Bee Queen. It's a bit tricky, but with an area covered in cobblestones, fireflies and some trees for either free woods and free living logs, it is worth it.

- I always put a rabbit house near my hound traps. They like to wander inside and be killed, so each evening I have some free loot. Then I put a second, a third, and sometimes a fourth. So I can build a lot of bunny houses for my spider farms without the hassle of fighting the rabbits.

- I love to base near a cave entrance (one or two screens away), protected by a rabbit house. Free guano, monster meat and bat wings each day. Turn the bat wings in bat bat and you have a cool weapon.

- Easily pacify the treeguards with either killing bees or lureplants. If it's winter, you can also do the legit method : planting pinecones near it till it is calmed.

- You don't have to prepare for neither winter nor summer. Stay with me. Usually I do no more, I go wild and just need prototyped alchemy engine and fire pit. In winter, just craft a thermal stone and base your fire pit near a walrus camp (two screens away). Struggle to kill the McTusk party once if there are no tallbird nor killing bees near. There is an easy method involving Chester as a bait tanking for you, but it needs you to found the eyebone before the first winter. Now, you might have loot the tusk if you are lucky, the Tam'O shanter if you are very lucky, meat and 3 or 4 tooth to make tooth traps near the camp. Place a bait monster meat behind the tooth traps. Basically, every 3 days you will have the ice hounds trying to get the monster meat, being killed by the traps, frozen the walruses. Easily kill the walruses as you stunlock them to death with only a spear, enchance your traps and repeat. While you wait for the party to respawn, do the usual stuff : feed the fire, gather nearby wood and stuff, explore nearby caves if they are, chase a koalefant to craft the winter vest, fight spider etc. Craft also some rabbit earmuff if you need but honestly you probably don't as you don't venture too far away from the constantly lit fire pit. Also, gather green and blue mushrooms that you will cook to prevent your sanity dropping while fighting the incoming Deerclops.

For summer, you can go into the oasis on day one of summer. During the first two days of summer, nothing can smolder so you can roam outside the oasis desert without worries. You better have those two structures (don't need anymore than them) to survive the summer : an ice box to cool your thermal stone, and an ice flingomatic that you will put the nearest of the lake as it gives free light during night so you can fish with no worries. The key is that both the oasis desert and both the dragonfly desert are usually near, and you will go and come between the two for different ressources. Gears, grass, twigs, silk and easy fuels from the tumbleweeds and also nitre from the dragonfly desert. Rocks in the oasis desert, but that requires to have already a pair of desert goggles, so the first summer you will prefer gather everything in the dragonfly desert. Your aim is to slowly build a base around the lake, by planting trees, making a crockpot, the usual stuff that you can do on the moment, during the day and dusk. On the night, fish the lake for fish to feed you, and trinkets to give the Antlion and also blueprints for the desert goggles. Just bring a gold nugget and two pig skins, but as the oasis is always on the exterior of the desert, you won't struggle a lot with sandstorm anyway.

- Easy kill both Dearger and Deerclops with tooth trap put on cobblestones. You lure them inside, you do hit and run while they took damages from the traps. It's more a mid, late game method as it requires an already well built tooth pit.

- Easy kill the Goose, moslings and frogs by putting your bee boxes near a Goose nest. The more bee boxes you put, the quicker it gets. Put a lightning rod too, to prevent the angry moslings provocking a fire hazard.

- As a non Wickerbottom character, I like to farm Krampus this way : once I have my spider farms producing silk, I do at least ten bird traps. I put them near my mole farm and spend the day mole farming or whatever. I harvest the birds, put them in chests by color and once I have enough for 50 naugtiness points, I wait night and sacrifice the 30 first naughtiness points on place (Krampii spawns between 31 and 50 naughtiness points) and slowly kill birds in a desert place usually near a dummy chest with useless items, just in case. When I hear that Krampii spawned, I look for them as they will be sleeping because it is night. And I kill them one by one, easily. Also, note that moles gives you 1 naughtiness too, you can complete your sum with them as they will respawn. What I like with this method is that you farm darts too, especially blow darts in winter.

- When I play alone, I like to kill Klaus each winter with an ice staff and gunpowder. I add that, cause I saw that some people struggle with it while this method is fairly quick and don't need more than a few dusk and night of mole farming.

- Have a pond biome (between 6 and 12 ponds) near each other ? Put some pig house, and the pigs will aggro all the frogs during day so you can easily travel accross. Also, free meat and pig skin sometimes, and frog legs.

- Want a good source of tentacle spike but you think farming it is a hassle ? Put pig houses and rabbit houses near a big tentacle. They will kill the baby tentacles when summoned, making path for you to hit the big one.

That's all I can think now.

Edited by Caochu
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

I forgot about this one. If you have a Thulecite Medallion in your inventory, not only will you see where the Ancient Key is (in case you misplaced it), you'll also see where the Ancient Guardian is (if it's still alive). I use it all the time because I always forget where I place the key.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

In DST, when mobs are not near any characters, they are unloaded, meaning that their AI ceases to function, excluding mechanics based on a time, such as beefalo pooping/making children. There are a few exceptions to this but most mobs are susceptible to this.

Including Nightmare creatures.

Only two nightmare creatures can spawn per player at any time, unless the purple amulet / bone helm is being used. You can actually unload the two nightmare creatures linked to you by either running far enough away from them without them despawning, or using a wormhole/tele staff to quickly get away. Your shadow creatures will be stuck in place until any of these situations happen:

-You leave the server. (entering/exiting caves count as leaving the server)

-ANY player goes near the unloaded shadow creatures, causing them to teleport to you.

-You become completely sane again.

Basically, if you use this exploit, you can be insane without having ANY nightmare creatures attacking you. 

Be wary that if another insane player is near you, their nightmare creatures can aggro on you.

I constantly use this as a Woodie main.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Canis said:

Basically, if you use this exploit, you can be insane without having ANY nightmare creatures attacking you.

This explains a lot actually. I've had times (mostly early game when I'm farming fuel as I explore the map) that I've been insane for very long periods of time without anything spawning. Now I know it's likely due to me either outrunning them, and/or my frequent usage of wormholes.

• Like 12

Early game until you can get the Thurible, one of the only things I found that a bearger cannot break through by walking into it are lureplants. Take at least 2 bulbs, a powdercake, and literally any food item to do this. Plant the bulbs on non-eyeplant spawning turf in a corner of the map. Place the powdercake behind it and lure the bearger to the cake, it will be too preoccupied with the cake to do anything else. Grow some trees in the area. Whenever you need him to take the trees down, just keep some food in your inventory (1 honey for example), and attack him once to make him follow you. When you want him to stop, bring him near the cake again and drop a piece of food from your inventory; he will return docile again. I recommend using two cakes and bulbs on opposing sides of the area as his pound attack uproots the bulbs sometimes. 

Edited by Owlrus98
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

On 26.5.2019 at 5:50 AM, Brago-sama said:

Fugu hutch (put a lightbulb and a spear in his inventory) does just enough damage to one hit baby tentacles when they hit him. Baby tentacles drop one soul each for wortox. Infinite, continuous free food/health source for wortox down in the caves

that is fixed or will be fixed on the next update. no more souls from baby tentacles

- as wig you can easily go to a spider 3 dent with a helmet and spear and attack the spiders on the web. you just need to focus on the black spiders first. if you do it right you just loose helmets and its very fast to kill spiders

-as wig you can hit snurtles with a cane and get full hp and full sanity

- you can hit a snurtle mount with firestaff and then use ice staff to make the fire out. this way the snurtles come out but the mount doesnt loose health. you can also heal a snurtle mount with healing salve

- as wickerbottom you dont need a reed trap. you just need 10 reeds in range and there place 3 lureplants and read your books. you can make thousands of reeds in very short time

- build pigs at the moonstone and make fossils around the moonstone and use the trick staff in and out to make infinity pigskins and meat evry full moon

- you dont need to wait for full moon to fight the 3 statues. you can also fight them on new moon but then they will be in the shadow form.

- make 4 walls and 1 rock in the middle od them and bring rocklobster there and you can use them for caveworm attacks

- use rocklobster to kill toadstool. you need to chop the trees

- bring beefs to bee queen and let them kill her. you need minimum 20-30 beefs. start the fight when they have a red ass

- if you arent wig then DONT MAKE CROCKPOTS AND FRIDGE. you only need honey for food. honey stacks to 40. honey spoils very very slow. honey eating animation is very fast. honey heals. you need only crockpots if you wanna make healing food.

- as wolfgang you can eat rot in fights so you loose your mighty form and then you can heal and then you can get back in mighty form

- hunt mushrooms as ghost to change there colour

- if you killed fuel weaver you can use him to clear the ruins. wear a bee queen crown to not loose sanity.

- you can summon forrest walker while wearing a bee queen crown and gain sanity and pick lightbulbs. no need to go to caves for lightbulbs

- have a sign prebuiulded for deerclops. you can place the sign so he aggros on the sign and not on your base

- volt goats and koalas dont need a full wall for their pen. you can leave evry second space free and they cant go threw it but you can

- make a pen in caves and bring snurtles there and drop your flint which you dont need. they will eat it and make snurtle slime which you can use for your lanterns

- carry a moonlens in your inventory and when someone wants to know where you are you can drop it on the floor and he can see it on the map

Edited by BeliarBAD
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

if you do that you cant do the moon event anymore cause all moonstatues get alive when you put the starcaller in the moonstone

Trust me they dont hahaha i have made many different set pieces with those statue and not once do they come back to life. I'll add some photo to show you some of my creation.

Edit :

PS_Messages_20190604_094156.thumb.jpg.ee018aff3acd4f8a484ec9fd601a3898.jpgPS_Messages_20190604_094158.thumb.jpg.afeea976e8ef3d3e87a1bca4ba1d1aff.jpg20190604_094616.thumb.jpg.143f1a6530f693d34790deab89476f3a.jpg

as you can see on the last image, the moond stone event isnt far from those two set pieces. Yet ive done around 2-3 time the event since the construction of the set pieces and never have the statue woked up.

Edited by Warlockadamm
  • Like 3

@Warlockadamm im gonna test it too now with a friend on beta

i believe you and i see your pics :) but i just cant believe it xxxxxD

EDIT: OKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk xD i was wrong. i just testet it and they even didnt awake when my friend was standing next to them.

i dont know why they did that when i was trying that in my world. maybe its cause of the beta but you say its working without beta too.

nvm thats an amazing trick Warlockadamm thank you

Edited by BeliarBAD
  • Like 1

For willow sanity burns on console open inventory click on item so it's big, HOLD the divide stack button than drop one item at a time.

If a Webber player dies with a wortox he will drop 2 souls ( cuz he is 2 people)

Walk on the edges of cave webs to avoid spiders spawning.

The smooth meteor or suspicious one spawns gaurenteed if the first 3 are normal meteors.

You can use ice to extinguish fires. (My friend just keeps taking the smolder dmg and waits for them to end lol)

Idk there is a lot of stuff that idk if its "unknown" or just common for the advanced players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Troppok said:

For willow sanity burns on console open inventory click on item so it's big, HOLD the divide stack button than drop one item at a time.

If a Webber player dies with a wortox he will drop 2 souls ( cuz he is 2 people)

Walk on the edges of cave webs to avoid spiders spawning.

The smooth meteor or suspicious one spawns gaurenteed if the first 3 are normal meteors.

You can use ice to extinguish fires. (My friend just keeps taking the smolder dmg and waits for them to end lol)

Idk there is a lot of stuff that idk if its "unknown" or just common for the advanced players.

just tell evrything you have in mind. no matter pro or noob trick

what do you mean with the meteors? which 3 normal meteors?

• Like 1

I just died so I thought I'd share this quick one here...

BOATS NOW SMOLDER.
Don't set up the regular campfire on a boat. it will trigger ~4 smoldering effects.
Also, if you abandon ship on an Endless world, you will respawn randomly, with no glowing aura to keep you safe from Charlie.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

You can sell Eels to pigking for 5 gold each. Caveponds can be found just outside ruins in a safe location.

I don't know if this has been said before, but you can hit Crawling Horrors before they bite, long as you cancel your attack at the right time. I don't think you can do this with Terror Beaks. You can sort of do it in singleplayer DS too, but you need a massive speedboost.

Wortox's souls can heal BERNIE. Good for when your farming spiders in a quarry. Wortox can keep him alive for longer. I don't know if this works for Abigail.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1