Mencken

One Thought That Crossed My Mind

Recommended Posts

Mencken    283

I had a griefer in my game, not the usual destroyer type but the one that does nothing, asks constantly for help and leaves taking stuff eventually.

When I played SW I wondered what multiplayer with boats would be like.   You’re on the Lunar island, two players are annoyed and ditch the third.   Or a griefer goes out solo on the boat.   I guess if you have some basic resources making another boat is possible if you’re on a larger island.   Otherwise it’s survivor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TemporaryMan    1,409

Do birds still drop flint sometimes if you're all out?  Where there's sticks, driftwood, and crows, there's a way to make new boats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimmyJam    1,265
2 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

Do birds still drop flint sometimes if you're all out?  Where there's sticks, driftwood, and crows, there's a way to make new boats.

Yeah they do. I was cleaning out a lunar island today and a bird dropped flint.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    3,850
4 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

Do birds still drop flint sometimes if you're all out?  Where there's sticks, driftwood, and crows, there's a way to make new boats.

It's mainly for fresh spawned players, I thought they stopped after you've survived enough days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TemporaryMan    1,409
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, -Variant said:

It's mainly for fresh spawned players, I thought they stopped after you've survived enough days.

Hmm, good point.  I should look into that.

Okay, it looks like the chance for mercy items is 35%, and decreases by 10% per day the oldest nearby player has been playing, to a maximum of two days.

If the world is only 3 days old or less, there are no players near the bird, or the oldest player near the bird is three days old or older, then it won't drop mercy items.

Mercy items have a 50% chance to be flint, 33% for twigs, or 17% for grass.

Edited by TemporaryMan
I did, I looked into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now