Sinister_Fang

Do you think the botomless pit skin should be re-released to everyone?

Should the botomless pit skin be re-released?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it should?

• Yes (I own the skin)
    • Yes (I do not own the skin)
    • No (I own the skin)
    • No (I do not own the skin)

X-lem    92

I said yes because I don't own it. Can someone share what this skin is?

Viktor234    1,518
2 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Similarly to the Beta backgrounds for the Forge/Gorge.

There's no beta background for The Gorge, only for the 1st The Forge.

• Like 1

Dr. Safety    767
4 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

There's no beta background for The Gorge, only for the 1st The Forge.

What what the background for where is was just a big pile of food for? Cornucopia Portrait. I thought that was for the Gorge. I could be wrong

Zeklo    15,030
10 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

What what the background for where is was just a big pile of food for? Cornucopia Portrait. I thought that was for the Gorge. I could be wrong

Due to the short beta the portrait was given to anyone who played during the Gorge-not the contest.

• Like 1

Canis    2,693

I have an idea.

How about you automatically get a (lower-tier) version of this skin if your steam account hits a certain amount of hours (something like 500+). It would allow the veterans that didn't quite make it to the beta to still have it, and it'd still give off the impression that the person that has said skin is a veteran.

• Like 3

Jason86JR    13
Posted (edited)

I haven't joined DST soon enough like some people here, but I have played more than 4k hours and I still love it.

As a builder (mainly), I would like to have all decorative choices for my mega bases as building bases is what keeps me from quiting.

Now you may say it's only my business but think about it, I have once thought about buying a friend's account just to get that skin (donno if it's illegal tho but anw it didn't work out). I bet there are some guys like me out there.

What I want to say is releasing the skin again would make some people (especially full time builders) super happy. I suppose they won't care about rarity, just like me.

Edited by Jason86JR
  • Like 1

TurtleKitty    1,137

Perhaps it could be a purchasable? 
Instead of saying a certain skin can only be used by the older player base, have it be free for them and possibly delegated to a Legacy tier, while newer players pay $5 to $10 for it. 

Sinister_Fang    8,014
8 hours ago, Zeklo said:

It, more or less, wouldn't really make sense.
The Tragic Torch got re-released so people could complete a puzzle. This would just be re-releasing a loyal for the sake of re-releasing it. 

Was it really necessary though? The puzzle could have very easily been done without including it as a requirement.

• Like 1

Zeklo    15,030
Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

Was it really necessary though? The puzzle could have very easily been done without including it as a requirement.

Thematically? Absolutely.

You use one item of the two depicted in the murals and get the second as a reward.

Functionally? Of course not.

• Like 1

I.E.L    469

I nearly had it on my old account but my pc could't run dst at that time so releasing would be nice since that skin looks quite nice

Wilson_pl    735

There is no way I am letting that happen.

This was the skin for people who participated in Beta, I don't see any point at all why it should be available for everyone. It's a loyal skin for players that WERE there, not for everyone, the ones that were not there included. 

If you want a new skin for participating in Beta, then release some kind of lunar campfire skin, not make the old one available again. I wouldn't care if it was made available again only if the older one was promoted to "Timeless" rarity.

• Like 2

axxel    883

I don't see a reason why it shouldn't re-released because I see the dilemma for completionists who own the game after special events or the beta. But if Klei and others wanted to keep it special then it is. A special exception are the awards from the Gorge - they should be special. So when the marble fire pit will come?:D

• Like 1