Boat Design

Given the limited dynamic in this release compared to shipwrecked the function of the boat is primarily as a ferry.   Experienced players know how to find islands quickly and I presume build bases near their “dock”.

So I build my boat just for speed, no fire pit, icebox, etc., as trip just lasts 2-4 minutes.   For a dock I like an L shape, I can glide parallel to the landmass and drop anchor at any time (avoids damage from hitting shore).  Took a little practice sailing alone, helps to have anchor right next to steering.

Any other tips people come up with, like avoiding rocks?    

Hopefully they fix the repair issue before June 20 release, gets expensive if you bang up boats.

Never mind!   They fixed repair issue :).

this is my solo exploration ship. 

has alchemy machine (for presents on the go!), cookign pot / fridge, steering/anchor/mast all together, and a fire pit. I did eventually add a storage chest in the middle too

20190522101032_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Jynn said:

this is my solo exploration ship. 

has alchemy machine (for presents on the go!), cookign pot / fridge, steering/anchor/mast all together, and a fire pit. I did eventually add a storage chest in the middle too

20190522101032_1.jpg

This is an ideal design, but I finded out that an Ocuvigil on boat can be pretty fun for multiplayer

Archived