Sign in to follow this  
Electroely

My tip on finding the lunar islands

Bird Up    209

Yeah I've noted that it's always connected to shallow water. I think the problem with the U shape is that in the first image you can kinda see two or three U shapes and it'd be just a matter of luck to guess which U shape is the right one. I hope map generation actually gets reworked because the worlds I've been in branched out less, were more linear, and were more reliant on wormholes to get around than prebeta world generations.

• Like 1

Electroely    2,058
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Yeah I've noted that it's always connected to shallow water. I think the problem with the U shape is that in the first image you can kinda see two or three U shapes and it'd be just a matter of luck to guess which U shape is the right one. I hope map generation actually gets reworked because the worlds I've been in branched out less, were more linear, and were more reliant on wormholes to get around than prebeta world generations.

I did notice the other U shapes. Notice how much smaller they are, though. It seems unlikely for the lunar islands to fit in a ring formed by them. Either way, a wrong guess can be identified by the lack of shallow water, which normally goes on for quite a bit off shore at the right places. 

You do have a point, though I think that this strategy works regardless.

Edited by Electroely

Mencken    265

Nice write-up.   I came to the same conclusion yesterday after running two maps and noting the U formation.   So you can kill two birds with one stone.

• Like 1

AN-0923    67

The fact that maps now kinda resemble the ‘moon’ figure statue is kinda funny to me.

• Like 1

Mencken    265

Well...not as easy as it looks.   New map, huge gap between mainland land masses, spent 5 days, no islands.

Found it in a much smaller gap.   Bunch of Kelp was a clue but I could have missed it easily.