What sized world do you use and why?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. (Surface) What sized world do you use most often?

• Small
    • Meduim
    • Large
    • Huge
    • I don't know/care which size i use, i just play the game
  2. 2. (Caves) What sized world do you use most often?

• Small
    • Medium
    • Large
    • Huge
    • I don't know/care which size i use, i just play the game

Bobert216    26
Posted (edited)

Im just wondering what world sizes people use and why they use them, Personally i dont know/care what i use but maybe with more knowledge from this thread i can find a favorite size

Edited by Bobert216

Canis    2,693

Personally I just leave it at the normal size. Too small and I might miss out on resources, too large and it'll take to long getting from place to place.

• Like 2

Queron81    144

What's default? Medium? Never changed that setting (and I think I never played on a server with different map size).

shroom416    38

Same as @Queron81, I leave it on the default. I changed it to large once, which was kind of a cool experience and an interesting challenge. But the default is my favorite. 

Warbucks    2,270

I play on huge always cause there's more to explore

• Like 2

Canis    2,693
48 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

I play on huge always cause there's more to explore

Name checks out

• Like 2

Caochu    417

I prefer the small worlds, as it greatly reduces the time lost traveling. I find my days more productive and more fun this way. It also helps a lot when I run in hurry to the Glommer's statue, or when I search the loot slash. :)

PauloHRQoF    3

I use Medium Worlds. I think the "normal" size is Large. I use Medium because of performance issues (old laptop). And i like to give my world more initial rock scattered by the ground. It helps in the initial hunt for flint, and who join my world normally can find some to help themselves. Another thing, is that the world being Medium, you find more faster the biomes and resources, but there is less resources and there is less chance of finding some special things over the map (special encounters?). And the problems of overlayed biomes or error in the creation of biomes are more commom. Woul love to use the bigger sizes for a harsher world and less problems in the generation of the world, but in terms of size, the Medium world is quite ok, there is plenty of walking.

darkhero    210
Posted (edited)

i use huge with lower resource... like to explore the world and be far away from home :D

world usually is boring. i suggested several time to developers to change the algorithm or set more option for generate. all worls are same and you have to same patht wice (going there and back). that would be nice if some bioms were connected.

15 hours ago, Daxterr said:

I use a mod to make it bigger than huge :^) 

source plz :D

Edited by darkhero
  • Like 2

Sinister_Fang    8,023

I normally stick with default, but this giant world with less resources things sounds kinda fun. I think I might even change all the seasons to their longest settings too. Thanks for the idea guys.

• Like 2

Rogueagent01    168

I always use the biggest setting as i like having the space and am not opposed to travelling great distances for important items.

• Like 2

Ogrecakes    774

Small in DST is the equivalent of default in DS, so I just use small.

I keep the caves the same or maybe medium since there's no longer a third layer for the ruins.

• Like 1