If one character where to betray the rest of the team, who do you think it'd be?

Who'd the traitor be?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd the traitor be?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woody
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • Winona
    • Wortox
    • Wagstaff

Well, people is usually moved by interests, and sometimes that makes us act in a selfish way, because is something inside of our own human nature. And that's ok, we must deal with that for have a self-control, but the problem is when our way to act will cause a big effect in our environment or the other person ("¿It's right or wrong do this?"). As always, decisions matters.

So, every character could betray others (regardless of his own reason), but that will have consequences.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

My headcanon is that WX gets actually sort-a-ish possesed by fuel before he was ''living'' ( Wagstaff is confused about wx actually being alive ), that would explain the constant genocidal/hate thinking of WX.

I'm actually starting to think the "Moon" may be responsible for that. Especially since Marble Sculptures break into Clockworks on a fullmoon. It would explain his obsession with it.

I voted the wrong character! Maxwell has already been through some stuff and he isn't really truly evil, the traitor would be Wagstaff in my opinion! (With WX you can't talk about betrayal, they already said what they want to do) 

None of the characters have something to lose, except for Maxwell and Winona which are related to Charlie.

If it came down to sacrifice oneself or the rest for Charlie, I see Winona more capable of doing so since I've never seen Maxwell interested in saving Charlie, probably because he already tried being on the throne.

This is all assumption and imagination of course, there is not enough lore.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:51 PM, Zeklo said:

I've never seen WX-78 as an actual "threat". His personality seems like one of those comedic evil villains who talk big, but actually have a heart. He seems more troublesome, particularly with personality, than evil.

One can be comedic and also evil you know.

I just thought of this while watching the new fnaf game of all things and I need to throw this into this thread before I forget.

*clicks tongue*
Woodlegs.

Think about it. Yeah, Woodlegs seems like a nice lighthearted pirate, but we don't know if that's just him being a screwball. We have absolutely NO clue how he canonically acts around people. For all we know, if Woodlegs ever found himself in the lands of DST with other survivors, the first thing he could do is hold a sword up to someone's neck and demand the group to hand over their goodies, not to even mention the horrible possibility of non-PG war crimes that pirates are/were known to do.

I've head-cannoned the hell out of this topic now and then. Fun to think about; you could base an entire lore event around almost any character being swayed by Them. A long while back I thought up a hypothetical scenario where they all get kidnapped by Them and split up and corrupted with Nightmare Fuel, and it's basically Super Smash Brother's usual gimmick of 'travel between the realms smacking everyone until they join your party because friendship and everyone goes to beat up the big bad together'.

Legit though, most of the base cast could be corrupted, besides probably Maxwell because of his previous experience with the throne. Webber is another possible exception, if he really was 'tricked' as he claims to be.

There's a theme of everyone gaining something from coming to the Constant, even if it was ultimately a trick; or gaining something in relation to being pulled in. They were all, in one way or another, drawn in by some consuming desire. Some character flaw; the kinds of insecurities and weaknesses that They thrive on. The kind of weaknesses and insecurities that you'd never have to worry about if you had Their power! Just take a seat on this totally-not-evil throne of shadows incarnate  c:

- Wilson with a desire to prove his superior intellect, because it seemed like he was treated like a hack in the real world; his house shown in the original trailer didn't look like it belonged to someone who'd seen much success.
- Willow wanting an escape from her past powerlessness, ala the trailer, traits, and quotes.
- Wolfgang overcompensating for his myriad fears with strength; his base skin description could even be interpreted as another fear of loneliness, which would be easy to tap into. Who needs friends if you're STRONK! It'd...probably be pretty easy to sway him, for while at least. Until Power Of Friendship kicks in.
- Wendy could be tempted with Abigail; say, a promise to keep her from passing on. But then again...I feel like she knows. Sad to think about, but that probably makes her even more manipulable.
- WX...I'm actually not entirely sure about? I mean sure, the bot's a jerk, but they've had more than enough opportunities to off the rest of the cast by now. I feel like while WX might not be empathetic, they aren't the type to throw away potentially useful pawns, and the weak fleshbags have been surprisingly dependable allies. Then there's the concept that they want to be the one on top. WX might try to conquer Them...but wouldn't give in.
- Wicker...seems like she got what she wanted just by going to the Constant, especially with the children around to teach, but could probably still be turned if she started to feel that her knowledge was underappreciated. But it's hard to see her really wanting to do harm; at most I think she'd just leave for a time.
- Woodie...I was going to say that his Bird quotes indicate paranoid tendencies, but DST's major events/announcements almost all have featured birds in some way, even playing a major role in the initial DST announcement and apparently even passing between realms, so they're probably actually evil or something. But I mean, he's still cursed, so there's room for him to fully go into a hairy rampage sometime.
- Maxwell has to be tired of Their crap at this point. If he did get disillusioned or frustrated with the survivors at some point, he'd probably just take all the jerky and run off into the wild for an angst fest.
- Wigfrid would absolutely TURN THE WORLD UPSIDE DOWN for the sake of a good 'show'.
- Webber's an innocent cinnamon bun so just change that c to an s and we've got a party. Really though, could be manipulated, especially if accidentally offended or hurt beforehand.
- Winona wants Charlie back, and she knows how close she is. Easy motivation to corrupt. Might also feel salty about being dragged in by her. Probably still somewhat mad at Maxwell. Lots of potential.
- Wortox is half Krampus now.
- Wagstaff is an absolute madlad who would go full Willow main on a continent for the chance at seeing something interesting.

...actually, while Warbucks was around, he seemed like the most likely candidate for a real 'Muahaha, I'm evil and you have to stop me!' event. His persona and design could easily have been shifted slightly more toward The Most Dangerous Game, and it would've made for a wonderful opportunity for a combat update with traps and ranged weapons and improved mob ai/attack patterns and whatnot. You wouldn't have even needed interference from Them to make it happen, because his original state was enough of an opportunistic colonialist to just go for it. Probably the most disappointing part of him not coming back is the loss of the potential for some survivor infighting and subsequent character development/story progress.

As for Warly, I think he's just in way over his head and wouldn't even think about betraying his new group of friends that just so happen to be keeping all the horrible eldritch abominations from smashing his head in.

5 hours ago, CrimXane said:

excuse me sir you forgot the ONE that is going to betray 
which is WES

WHERE THE **** IS WES

As much as I hate Wes, he would never betray anyone. He is the purest of pure. I mean, just look at THIS!

09D2B7A8-79A7-4555-8993-5CCF9A02B28C.jpeg

12 minutes ago, ItsaGamer05 said:

As much as I hate Wes, he would never betray anyone. He is the purest of pure. I mean, just look at THIS!

09D2B7A8-79A7-4555-8993-5CCF9A02B28C.jpeg

Those cards are probably poisoned.

I refuse to submit an answer to this poll as wes is not an option on it.

In my opinion, I say that Wendy is very much disposed to betray the rest of the characters.

She's depressed, and I would say her personality eventually gets in the way of camp life and her efficiency, turning the other survivors against her and thus turning her into an outcast of sorts. (Case in point would be Wolfgang fearing her.)

Whether it be through later temptation - a bribe by Them or Charlie to regain Abigail, perhaps? - or by her own volition - as she might reach the point that she can take no longer - I see a chance where she may betray the rest of the survivors and make them suffer. Sure, she's only a child and has to get through all of them... but I can see her cunning getting her through such a feat.

Now, there is but one great obstacle that stands in the way of this happening... and that is Webber.

Bonus round because why not:

- Wilba, I could see demanding loyalty from the weird looking small pigs who don't seem to respect her auTHORITAH.
- Wilbur might find the Ruins and start a Free Primates Union and throw Nightmare Poop at anyone who dares to question their sovereignty.
- Walani's too lazy to leave the group once she joins it.
- I actually think that Woodlegs might want to pass on his knowledge of tamin the high seas. And then declare a silly naval war on his previous pupils once they've grown strong enough to put up an entertaining fight. Him and Wigfrid would make an amazing pair.
- Wheeler...Wheeler. Wheeler?

whyler?

No, actually, I don't understand her narrative role at all.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not sure of how Wormwood thinks either for that matter, but it's a plant, so that seems about right.

2 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Wilba, I could see demanding loyalty from the weird looking small pigs who don't seem to respect her auTHORITAH.

Not sure if that'd give her a reason to betray. She'd betray her own mother first over the Survivors. She cares more for her freedom than royalty.

Archived