Why does fog exist

4 Da LOLs

The only thing I can really see that makes sense to adjust is maybe giving the pith hat an additional bonus to visibility radius. It's supposed to be inconvenient and dangerous, and they're relatively short as it is.

Oh, and stop the goddamned lightning during the fog. Having to worry about everything around you being spontaneously set on fire on top of everything else is honestly too much.

Without fog humid season would be another spring season. Not many argued about Monsoon season and its puddles and puddles aren't enjoyable.

I have the feeling people didn't like the short default season lenght and the cut preparation time for fog and lightning. I understand that. Set the temperate season to longer and try the world out.

On 21.5.2019 at 12:55 AM, 4 Da LOLs said:

ok im back from some work and pondering with a fresh mindset

fog isn't that enjoyable but again like alot of Hamlet concepts could be less a neusence to deal with and have less just annoying downsides

I mean, you can literally disable it in the world customization options so I really dont see the point of this thread. It is simular to DST´s disease, many people dont like it so they just turn it off. Nothing wrong with that.

[Trying hard to ignore all the irrelevant stuff in the OP (i.e. most of it) and answering the actual question]

Because fog is a crucial part of making that season challenging, and requires players to work around it. It is fun to plan one's equipment in such a way that fog does not affect you/does not lead you to getting killed by rabid beetles. And removing it would not make the game better ("improve" was the verb you were looking for), but easier. Easier is almost never better in survival games!

Now, what any of that has to do with Warbucks is beyond me. Oh yes, I remember, you just needed a comparison, sort of like "They added the BQ in DST, so why don't they remove fog in Hamlet. I beg for consistency".

21 hours ago, Majestix said:

is fun to plan one's equipment in such a way that fog does not affect you/does not lead you to getting killed by rabid beetles.

make one hat that has no other purpose than to just negate this season yes very good plan

21 hours ago, Majestix said:

moving it would not make the game better ("improve" was the verb you were looking for), but easier. Easier is almost never better in survival games!

this \/

On 5/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, 4 Da LOLs said:

fog isn't that enjoyable but again like alot of Hamlet concepts could be less a neusence to deal with and have less just annoying downsides

unlike all other seasons the downside to fog isn't able to be put down with muti use items or skill

the pith hat has no reason to exist outside fog

if you compare this to other season clothes you can see that most have a secondary function

Beefalo hat stops mating beefs from murdering you

breezy vest has water resistance

winter hat has some sanity gain

eyebrella, umbrella, and pretty parasol all can both be used in summer and spring

flingos can be used if a fire hound lights your base

weevole mantel? also if you want to use armor just use a log suit

cowl? if you want night vision then buy some moggles they are more renewable

pith hat for water resistance? buy a rain cap

fire for winter is something you almost always have on you anyway it doesn't make you go out of your way to do it

second the other seasons downsides can be negated with proper skill

summer can be done without flingos if you base in caves or ant lion dessert

spring and hurricane can be ignored if you are good at dodging shadow monsters

summer in SW you can just lead the meteors away form harming your base

fog is nothing but slow no interesting things no way to ignore them nothing but holding "w" for the next ten minutes

47 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

flower garland doesn't make you use up cloth

let me recap you do not like the fog, you do not offer anything to improve it and you only complain and look for the bad of what the others tell you.

later you complain that to counteract the fog you need equipment
use equipment to deal with the fog that is not fun hmmmnnn weather, don't starve, equipment ..............

and also you say that the pit hat only exists for the fog that other items have more effects

then you put a list of examples one of them (the winter hat gives sanity besides the heat) but it turns out that the pit hat provides wetnees resistance and also sanity 3 effects
  good luck we discovered that you are a 6 year old boy fastidioso y berrinchudo

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

I mean, you could also ask “Why does heat exist?” in the ROG summer. It has no useful properties, and dealing with it is a nuisance, but it’s one of the game’s seasonal challenges.

mentioned above i shouldn't have to say again

1 hour ago, Blademercy said:

then you put a list of examples one of them (the winter hat gives sanity besides the heat) but it turns out that the pit hat provides wetnees resistance and also sanity 3 effects

im saying if you really need those effects that there are other better solutions examples given above

later you complain that to counteract the fog you need equipment
use equipment to deal with the fog that is not fun hmmmnnn weather, don't starve, equipment ..............

at least in other seasons the downsides are ether fixed by stuff you already have (Winter)

or can be braved out without the equipment (spring)

and even then again most have proposes other than what they originally do

good luck we discovered that you are a 6 year old boy fastidioso y berrinchudo

you have done nothing your arguments are non-existent at best and you can't think of anything that has actual ground

you just pathetically try to insult me

come back with an actual argument this isn't at all productive

14 minutes ago, Majestix said:

OP is just ranting, this whole thread is just another one of many pointless threads on these forums. Moving on...

i have been trying to have a conversation with the loons

they keep derailing it

and not addressing points or making their own

Just now, inferjus4 said:

It is supposed to be like that. But I admit that it would be good to have an item that reduces quite a bit the foggy vision.

also ways to avoid fog without going so far out of your way to do it because you have less time than normal and is very punishing for a starter season

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

idk its just annoying to walk slow

I did not want to insult you sincerely I think you're a child, now I admit I was very rude but you were being irrational it seemed that you just wanted to win something

Just make up a reason why you find fog culturally problematic and Klei will remove it the next day. I mean fog is very English and the British empire stomped on so many people. You're welcome.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Archived