Viktor234    1,829

But Woodie states that he can't swim. How is he supposed to swim if he can't swim?

Also: Free wetness during summer would make several items useless (and summer way too easy).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Viktor234    1,829
16 minutes ago, The 2C3D said:

Too late. It’s already there, you can splash yourself with oars.

You can't place boats everywhere and crafting enough boats would also take some ressources. But I talked about the suggestion in the topic: You wouldn't need any summer items If you could swim everywhere, just jump into the water and you're immune against summer from the beginning of the game, that would be op.

ShadowDuelist    3,145

Adding a very slow swimming is a great idea! Maybe It can also consume your hunger much faster, after all swimming is pretty tiring. If you swim while starving, you'll just drown.

As OP mentioned, the only exception would be the werebeaver, who should be able to use the water to move freely, not gain wetness, move as fast as boats move now (which is not that impressive) and with no hunger penalty.

• Like 3

Ressayez    1,599
1 hour ago, YouKnowWho said:

I’m not too sure about swimming. It might take away the whole danger away from the ocean, since you’d could just swim if your boat sank. 

Maybe it’s just me though. 

That’s a valid concern. Outside of the werebeaver, swimming could be restricted to shallow waters, that or your time in the water could be limited without proper equipment, obviously with 100% wetness you won’t make it back to land if you crash in the middle of nowhere, you’ll freeze. Crashing your boat could also just still just straight up kill you, it’s not like there isn’t plenty of time already to put down another boat as a life-raft once you see the boat’s about to break.

There’s another thing, the ocean doesn’t feel very dangerous right now, what with most enemies not being able enough to reach while on the water, or vice versa by telelocating enemies to small floating cells, or being able to walk on the oceans with only fence gates.

• Like 3

Mooagain    987
5 hours ago, Zeklo said:

You can already jump off the plank for +100 wetness and a free teleport to the florid postern.

What? How does that work?

• Thanks 1

-Variant    3,422
1 hour ago, b_legend said:

*Cough cough suits*

*Cough read the descriptions*

suit.png

I feel like this is Klei's "forum request B'gone" spray. 
They knew it would happen.

Hell-met    883

Seems like a cool thing to add. It's clear Klei's approach with this ocean is not to merely copy paste SW.

• Like 2

Hell-met    883
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

A lot of characters mention they can't swim, be it via SW or DST

Klei doesn't seem too bothered about retconning string lines. They do it constantly.

Edited by Hell-met
  • Haha 2

CaptainChaotica    4,000

This adds nothing to the actual discussion, but...is it weird that when I first saw the title of this thread, my brain immediately put it to the tune of "Surfin' U.S.A."?

I mean it even scans properly!  XD

...Notorious

• Like 2

Spaartan    950
6 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

This adds nothing to the actual discussion, but...is it weird that when I first saw the title of this thread, my brain immediately put it to the tune of "Surfin' U.S.A."?

...Notorious

not weird to see it from someone with walani as their profile pic hahaha

Hell-met    883
16 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...Notorious

who's notorious?

YouKnowWho    6,580
7 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

who's notorious?

Ah, don't worry. Notorious is just like the signature they give to all their posts.

And since nobody else does it, you could call it a siganture signature

• Haha 1

Demon874    76

Well if it wasn't added in Shipwrecked after 2 or 3 years ago there must be a really good reason.