~*~ Return of Them Wishlist ~*~

NOTE: These are just things I personally wanna see! I am neither saying that Klei will add them or that if they don't, I will ragequit and never play the game again. I'm sure whatever they have planned already will be really cool and fun regardless! 

Also, feel free to reply with your own wishlist! It's fun to see what other people are hoping for, too. : D 

Ahem. Anyway 

• New boat designs, a la Shipwrecked single-player. It would be really cool to have a pirate-esque one and a seashell one. 
  • New sails, including ones that make the boat go faster... 
  • New islands. They don't even have to be plot-relevant. They can just have random mobs and resources on them, idc. 
  • More horror mobs (please don't turn this point into a debate. I hope they add a worldgen toggle option for horror mobs, but I personally love gore and body horror and would love to see more mutated horror monsters added.) 
  • Some coral ocean, like in Shipwrecked. I love the rainbow of colours in it.
  • Ocean mobs! I miss my jellyfish and bioluminescence (and my shark kitties and crocodogs)
  • New bosses (or just one), although I'm sure that's already coming. 
  • This might be a weird one, but I think it would be cool to be able to choose classic, non-ocean DST from the worldgen menu, just so players have a choice if they don't feel like dealing with ocean stuff. 

Again, these are just things I think would be cool. How about you guys? What do you wanna see? : )

9 minutes ago, Torrents said:

This might be a weird one, but I think it would be cool to be able to choose classic, non-ocean DST from the worldgen menu, just so players have a choice if they don't feel like dealing with ocean stuff.

I feel like this is the best of your suggestions

I would personally like to have more plants added, especially plants for the basic / advanced farms.

also more characters so I can use more time trying to decide what character I want to be.

1 minute ago, Hell-met said:

- No copy pasted SW content (except maybe the boat designs)

I have to disagree here, if only because there's a ton of Shipwrecked content I love, especially the passive mobs and the ocean turf designs. But that's just me. : D

I really enjoyed your suggestions, and I can't agree enough with the body horror thingy. I wish Klei would do something with the dynamic sea color besides nighttime shifting

Like imagine the following: MoonBoss #1 is angry, powers up, and the entire ocean becomes a glowing-moonrock blue-ish white for the remainder of the fight. It's bound to make at least two players crap their pants for the first time

Or SeaBoss #1 dies, and the sea becomes crimson for a few days, like whatever you just defeated was so massive they could drown the oceans... It'd give a pretty big sense of scale and grandiosity to the fight, as well as a hint of "should I really have killed that thing and did I just permanently stained my world?"
Extra points if dead fish start spawning on the sea, from the massive iron oversaturation.

idk

Giving us shipwrecked content (copy pasted or not) is extremely generous, since they worked to make shipwrecked, but chose to give away shipwrecked content to it's biggest player base for free. 

I would like to see more moon magic items! It would be interesting to me if the lunar isle took on a disease like corruptiveness. Like the corruption andd the crimson in terraria. More moon mobs, and stuff to that agenda.

a weird specific point, lunar tree seeds, because theyre pretty and i want them on my base.

id also like the atrium and ruins to be added upon, and not left like somebodies basement in favour of the new lune stuff. Maybe you need the key for something on the idland? Or something on the island ineeded in the atrium

Just now, Lemonsnoot said:

a weird specific point, lunar tree seeds, because theyre pretty and i want them on my base.

There already are lune tree seeds. The moths that come out when you cut them down are the seeds. Just catch them and plant them like butterflies.

6 minutes ago, ButterStuffed said:

There already are lune tree seeds. The moths that come out when you cut them down are the seeds. Just catch them and plant them like butterflies.

Oh my god, you life changer you. Thanks

2 hours ago, Torrents said:
  • This might be a weird one, but I think it would be cool to be able to choose classic, non-ocean DST from the worldgen menu, just so players have a choice if they don't feel like dealing with ocean stuff. 

I hope they do, i'm not a big fan of that ocean outside Shipwrecked world, but i would enjoy the new biomes :?

* Endothermic Furnace
* RaftBoat options - bigger but slower, smaller but faster, triangular, square, hexagonal. 
* Boat items - faster sails, boat lamp, smaller equivalents to land tech, fishing net, 
* Higher Tier Boats - armored boat, storage boat, 
* Woodlegs and his magnificent pirate items {boat/spyglass/hat/bootybag}, Walani and her surfboard. 
* Items in the ocean such as seaweed, coral, swamp trees, floaty boat knights, etc. 
* Hail from shipwrecked, in early spring and late fall maybe. It was the best SW weather mechanic. 
* More perks for Critters where they have drops or bonus effects for being well cared for. Give incentive to care for them. 
* Wilba the pig princess, Wilbur the monkey king, and Wagstaff the lorewhore kooky inventor. Bring the family together. 
* Cooking Stations and Recipes from The Gorge, even if they're just crockpot reskins or Warly-exclusives. 
* Obsidian Chester [fire&heat powers] and Moon Glass Chester [glow?]. 
* More lunacy mobs, possibly even a moon island giant or maybe reskins of giants when they spawn on the island. Lunar bees?
* Coffee, or maybe a reskin of it as Cocoa to differentiate it from Shipwrecked. 
* More Turf/Flooring options - spider silk turf, gold turf, moon glass flooring, nightmare fuel rug, bearger fur rug, beard rug, bunny tuft rug. 
* More statues and possibly paintings - moon glass Glommer statue, marble chester statue, WX78 statue, character portraits, etc. 
* Rock golem monster that yields high amounts of rock/nitre/etc but requires a large battle to defeat. Moon phases maybe change it? 
* A way to plant and keep the baby Hallowed Nights sproutling on the endtables or a special plant pot. "I am Wroot". Please. <3
* More weapons and armor from the Moon Glass. 

-More mutated/horror abominations. I just loooove their designs. I know that there're people who are uncomfortable so Klei should make a toggle in he settings just like with screen shake or Wigfird's O's. Tbh I find the sounds more disturbing than the designs, but that's just the person I am, I mean, Deerclops' growling always gives me chills.

-More usefull stuff. So far the moon thingy we have to make gives us more decoration potential and 2 semi-nice tools. The islands themselves give us a toothtrap variant and a berrybush 3.0

-More creatures on the main Island. Carrats por example. They'd fit perfectly with the main Island but are left on the moon islands. Maybe in the future there'll be a thingy that when we complete it the "Moon"'s influence gets passed onto the main Island.

-More see stuff. 

I really want to have the sailing mechanics added onto, particularly with sails.

I'm assuming they'll eventually add waves—they're even in the files, but I very much want proper wind. It doesn't have to be on land, in fact I'd prefer if it wasn't. I primarily want more accurate sails. Let the sails be adjusted manually to catch wind (not point towards the direction you're going), and let the wheel control the "rudder". As a result make the boost from sails much more significant to balance with the variables.

This then gives more "together" aspects to the boat. You have a "captain" who steers and deckhands who are manage the sails, fix the boat, and hopefully: man the cannons eventually. Of course, this can all be done solo, but it would be easier with a crew—especially for larger boats.

Then there could also be interesting wind mechanics where it's blowing too strongly and it's more difficult to control the boat and such. I have high hopes for weather-effects in regard to these dynamic boats. There's a lot of potential to work with there.

I've definitely been influenced substantially by Sea of Thieves, cuz that game's sailing is ridiculously fun. 

I would like to see..

• Characters can swim in the ocean. How it could work is their wetness goes to 100, swimming would be kinda slow, if you die/drown in the ocean all your items drop into the ocean, some characters just drown and can't swim like Wolfgang and WX-78, some characters swim faster such as Werebeaver Woodie and maybe 1-2 players can get on his back.
  • Dangers in the ocean such as sharks, whirlpools, stormy weather, or something else.
  • Bosses which are strong like the Forge bosses were. Preferably more random and less predictable, but don't make the players forced to require specific items to fight them such as the Forge bosses needing a healing staff.
  • More threats you can't avoid like hound attacks
  • More types of boats and ways to armor your boat or something. Maybe bigger types of boats too which are slower or smaller ones which are faster.
  • More world generated stuff in the oceans other than those rock pillar things and bull kelp.
  • Incorporate some of the Gorge's mechanics such as the great crop/farming mechanic, the awesome cooking mechanic, and maybe even NPCs which you can trade/buy stuff from.
  • Incorporate weapons and stuff with some special moves like the Forge, but not over the top like summoning a meteor.
  • Make it that when it's raining that overlay of water drops going on the player's screen happen unless the player's under shelter to make it more immersive.
  • Houses from hamlet

3 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

This sounds nice but as a person who plays dst solo I'd be quite tired of having to do job that needs 3+ players to be done normally

That goes for anything, especially bosses. You can take it as "it's harder solo" or "it's easier with others".
The perspective is entirely your own.

And even if not, I'm frankly hoping Klei finally make the "Together" part of DST actual have significance. 

1 hour ago, Warbucks said:
  • Characters can swim in the ocean. How it could work is their wetness goes to 100, swimming would be kinda slow, if you die/drown in the ocean all your items drop into the ocean, some characters just drown and can't swim like Wolfgang and WX-78, some characters swim faster such as Werebeaver Woodie and maybe 1-2 players can get on his back

I think only Woodie in beaver form could do this or crossing water body between branches would be non issue

21 minutes ago, camelot said:

I think only Woodie in beaver form could do this or crossing water body between branches would be non issue

I mean you would get 100 wetness and wetness makes your items and food wet and drains your sanity. Klei could always add more cons to being wet too.

Also I feel someone will say that being able to get 100 wetness is too op for summer. I mean getting wet drains sanity and makes your food spoil faster while being in caves drains sanity too and everyone goes in caves basically for all of summer. I feel 100 wetness from swimming in the ocean even for 1 second would be balanced because it allows more players to actually try to live above ground while it's summer time and not dive into the caves, your food spoils faster from wetness, your tool/weapons slip when used, your sanity drains, ect. it's not op, it just adds more variety of playstyles and cool things to do.

9 hours ago, Zeklo said:

That goes for anything, especially bosses. You can take it as "it's harder solo" or "it's easier with others".
The perspective is entirely your own.

And even if not, I'm frankly hoping Klei finally make the "Together" part of DST actual have significance. 

Ok you're right.

But I still have a request: Klei please don't add things like Lazy Deserter. Or at least at only a few of them so that people that play dst solo don't miss out on new content

Maybe a hot spring drill with new ways of getting gears, and the drill is made with 1x gear, 4x moon glass, and 2x transistor

and also saladmanders laying eggs, which are like large dragonfruit seeds, and hatch into cold saladmanders

Woodlegs and everything to do with him, Werebeaver getting to paddle the boat with his tail, more mutants, mutated Quacken raid boss fight, fog at the end of the world like in SW, ability for Wortox to soul hop onto boats, and giving all the giants the ability to swim/fly in/over the ocean (I mean really just imagine it. Think you got away from Deerclops on the sea? Nope. Now he's showing off his strangely excellent swimming skills and crushing your dreams boat into pieces.).

I could probably think of way more, but I'm kind of busy with stuff right now so this is what I can think of off the top of my head as for ideas I came up with earlier while playing the update.

Archived