Moon Glass Axe & Moon Glass Cutter

Given that this is beta, stuff may be subject to change.

The Moon Glass Axe

A normal axe has 100 uses and the Moon Glass Axe loses durability depending on if you chop with it or fight with it.

• It has 80 uses if only used to chop down trees (has a 1.25 consumption rate, so 100/1.25 =80) 
  • Damage is 34 and has only 50 uses if used as a weapon (100/2).
    • Exception: INFINITE DURABILITY  200 uses against Nightmare Creatures, Ancient Fuelweaver (minions and variants), and the Shadow Pieces (half the wear on durability against said mobs).
    • ^ (The infinite durability is probably a bug). Fixed as of Game Update 336171.
  • Is 2.5 times more effective at chopping wood!!! 
  • Recipe: [2 sticks, 3 Moon Shards]

Feedback: I can see this be super useful at all stages in the game. A fully grown tree, which normally takes 15 chops, now only takes 6 chops. Toadstool's mushroom trees takes 10 chops to fell, but with this, it only takes 4!!! Super useful item that I look forward to using and mass producing.

The Moon Glass Cutter 

• Damage is 68 and has 75 uses.
    • Exception: It has 150 uses if used against Nightmare Creatures, Ancient FW (minions and variants), and the Shadow Pieces.
  • Recipe: [1 Board, 6 Moon Shards]

Feedback: While it does Dark Sword damage and has on ok durability, I really only see it as an early-game Dark Sword. The incentives I see is to use this against mobs where the durability is going to last twice as long, but lugging these around to their ideal locations sounds like it's going to be a hassle (Atrium, Ruins, Shadow Piece arena, etc.).

Carrying Dark Sword/Hambat mats is just easier at that point in the game rather than constantly having to make and transport these Glass Cutters. That's especially the case since every Full Moon, you can only really farm 30-60 Moon Shards after your initial stock is gone. Maybe good for nightmare fuel farming? There could be a better use and I just need to play around with it some more, but as of right now: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What are other people's opinions?

Glass cutter has the upside of no sanity drain, which is helpful for some characters

Glass axe on the other hand is just strong, worth the trip to craft them. Did you know, there is a potenial set piece where you can find a glass axe hidden among luna trees!

2 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

Glass cutter has the upside of no sanity drain, which is helpful for some characters

Glass axe on the other hand is just strong, worth the trip to craft them. Did you know, there is a potenial set piece where you can find a glass axe hidden among luna trees!

That made me think of the reverse sanity scenario on the lunar island. Makes the dark equipment even better there, no?

35 minutes ago, Lemonsnoot said:

That made me think of the reverse sanity scenario on the lunar island. Makes the dark equipment even better there, no?

Yep, it makes you Enlightened (Enlightened is good, Lunatic is bad) and removes the bright filter, so bring your night blades and armors out

I didnt know they were effective against shadows. I guess that makes them decent. especially if the axe is going to be unbreakable vs them lol. The axe could be nice for toadstool if you don't use Woodie.

The fact that you can only make them while at an altar sorta ruins them for me. Boats being as slow as they are. Sure, I can go make a bunch of them, but the reduced durability when chopping wood means you're gonna go through em fast adn have to make another long trip to make more. I feel like it'd be more time to make the trip than to just chop wood on mainland with normal axes. 

Now, if you could use the celestial recipes you've "prototyped" back on mainland, I could see making runs for materials, definitely. 

1 hour ago, SteamMonkey said:

the reduced durability when chopping wood means you're gonna go through em fast adn have to make another long trip to make more

The moon glass axe might have less durability, but it's waaaaay more efficient then a normal axe. A normal axe can cut down 6 fully grown trees, and the moon glass can chop 13. And that's on top of it chopping trees in fewer hits as well.

I don’t see transporting moon items to the main island as being an issue. You can just fill up a boat with chests or backpacks full of them.

I really like how the Moon Glass Axe balances against the Luxury Axe (and the Obsidian Axe). If only something could be done about the Pick/Axe to make it viable too...

9 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Just link the 2 focus like in this video 

Yea, that's my video from my YouTube channel :wilson_laugh:.

The Glass Cutter is ok, and I like the theme of them being "effective" against nightmares (in this case, it's durability rather than damage). But my current preference as it seems right now is to turn all my Moon Shards into Axes (and Statues) over Glass Cutters mid-to-late game is all I'm really saying, but if you want to make them, then go for it.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:02 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

The moon glass axe might have less durability, but it's waaaaay more efficient then a normal axe. A normal axe can cut down 6 fully grown trees, and the moon glass can chop 13. And that's on top of it chopping trees in fewer hits as well.

Honestly i forgot chopping down trees with axe ( i use my best friend forest stalker) :D

On 5/18/2019 at 11:53 PM, lakhnish said:

Exception: INFINITE DURABILITY against Nightmare Creatures,

now i can see moon is officially againts shadows( plus there is'nt insanity or any shadow in moon island even when you wear nightmare amulet/bone helm and celestial fissure give sanity unlike nightmare fissures )

now i know moon and shadows are against eachother .the other thing i want to know , which are "THEM" ?

15 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Another way to transport items is just using the telelocator focus. All it costs is purple gems, something abundant in mid/endgame

Just link the 2 focus like in this video 

now tp focus is not just only single ticket , u can "return" with it too.

(now i see why it had triangle shape , cuz u exactly stand middle of it  just like teli pad . wish it had a sign like teli pad to this discoverd soon)

(its essential when going to moon island , cuz there is no road back and you die there if u had'nt place boat there!)
* i wonder how much content hidden deep through this game . you always learn new thing even you had 3k day base! :o
- thanks klei !

5 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

Them are, as Maxwell sugested,the Shadow Gods.Because Maxwell knew about them and shadow magic,but didn´t knew about Lunar magic.

i also heard rumors about "them" that are shadow gods but i want to it is officall confirm, specially now with this new beta update that suspicious me about "them" nature. that which side are actually "them" ?!

31 minutes ago, Ham3d said:

i also heard rumors about "them" that are shadow gods but i want to it is officall confirm, specially now with this new beta update that suspicious me about "them" nature. that which side are actually "them" ?!

Maxwell suggests in some quotes, that everything thats embodied with shadow is done or affected by Them.It can be a little confusing.But Them seem to destroy everything and trick everything, but Lunar power changes, and tries to share the knowledge.

44 minutes ago, Ham3d said:

now tp focus is not just only single ticket , u can "return" with it too.

(now i see why it had triangle shape , cuz u exactly stand middle of it  just like teli pad . wish it had a sign like teli pad to this discoverd soon)

I've asked around before making the video, and it seems this has always been a thing, most likely since it's inception. The UI of the telelocator focus just doesn't give you an visual indicator that it was possible, while Wagstaff's TeliPad does. (Originally learnt this from reddit).

On 5/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, WebberMain said:

Maxwell knew about them and shadow magic,but didn´t knew about Lunar magic.

I wouldn't say he didn't know about it. He might not understand it as much as shadow magic, but he is at least aware of it. At the very least, he knows the moon isn't exactly a moon in the way we understand it (He always puts the moon in quotes when he refers to it).

On 5/20/2019 at 3:03 PM, WebberMain said:

But Them seem to destroy everything and trick everything, but Lunar power changes, and tries to share the knowledge.

But the moon/gestalts do it through Them. They are but servants to the moon/gestalts (Maxwell: GESTALT = "It communes with us through them."). It's currently unknown if the moon/gestalts are malicious, or if They are taking a malicious twist on the moon/gestalt's orders.

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

But the moon/gestalts do it through Them. They are but servants to the moon/gestalts (Maxwell: GESTALT = "It communes with us through them."). It's currently unknown if the moon/gestalts are malicious, or if They are taking a malicious twist on the moon/gestalt's orders.

Watch your capitalizations. Them isn't capitalized in Maxwell's quote. The "them" is referring to the Gestalts.

The "Moon" communes through the Gestalts.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:23 PM, lakhnish said:

but lugging these around to their ideal locations sounds like it's going to be a hassle (Atrium, Ruins, Shadow Piece arena, etc.).

Carrying Dark Sword/Hambat mats is just easier at that point in the game rather than constantly having to make and transport these Glass Cutters. That's especially the case since every Full Moon, you can only really farm 30-60 Moon Shards after your initial stock is gone. 

Exactly this. Tbh I don't think they are much worth it besides being NF farming... cuz you need to craft them by the moon tab. BUT if we were to learn the recipe THEN I see myself farming the shards...

also carrying boards isn't very convenient either... :/    might be better to switch to logs instead of boards to make them more accessible 

Archived