Why Wagstaff Should NOT be Added

34 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Personally (and thus this is entirely a personal opinion) I felt Wagstaff was a boring character in the long run, maybe because I have a different playstyle or havent found yet interesting stuff to do as him, his glasses mechanic was too annoying for me to work around it.

I can see the benefits his inventions would bring to DST though, I just hope he doesn't become that character someone has to mandatory log in as because "We NEED to craft the telipads ASAP because its the only and most efficient way to move around". Usually the game offers several ways to do things, his telipad offers a strong benefit too cheaply that would be hard to replace otherwise.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if he gets added (and perhaps if they nerf his telipads, better) but I'm probably not playing as him as I find him boring and annoying in his current state (unless he is made more interesting at DST). And this is not something I feel with Wormwood or Warly, which I can't wait to play as on DST.

It is long overdue that the celestial portal should destroy character-exclusive structures when switching off.

Epic Wheeler all the way. 

Her, Wilba and Wortox are the funniest thing that has happened to this game in terms of characters.

In my case I prioritize mechanics before craftables, and the only mechanic Wagstaff introduced is seeing the world as a half blind grandpa lmao! 

I still miss Daddy CHAD Warbucks, tho... :wilson_cry:

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

ok, I just need to point it out, as it's been bothering me, But you can plant up to 120 saplings in the thumper's range, not 39.  Not helping my cause, But I still need to get the facts straight.

Is this with or without Geometric placement?

On 5/19/2019 at 4:47 PM, Misa22 said:

Epic Wheeler all the way. 

Her, Wilba and Wortox are the funniest thing that has happened to this game in terms of characters.

In my case I prioritize mechanics before craftables, and the only mechanic Wagstaff introduced is seeing the world as a half blind grandpa lmao! 

I still miss Daddy CHAD Warbucks, tho... :wilson_cry:

"Daddy" and "Chad" should never be in the same sentence.

Back on topic, I'm personaly on the fence for Wagstaff. Yeah, his structures would be extremely useful in a team setting, but without said structures, he doesn't bring much more fun to the person playing Wagstaff after, say, the first year.

Another thing I imagine with Wagstaff.

"Okay we need to restock the lune blossoms, everyone get your bug nets ready to catch the moths."

*Knocks down a bajillion lune trees with thumper*

*Everyone scrambles around desperately attempting to catch moon moths*

On 5/19/2019 at 1:28 PM, Hell-met said:

It is long overdue that the celestial portal should destroy character-exclusive structures when switching off.

But having those structures is one of the main reasons to even use the portal! 
And usually there's switchback to the previously used character after a while, especially in megabasing worlds. 

im still surprised that klei let wagstaff have the thumper while woodie is still having trouble to keep up with his title. to make him better than that he'd have to get the trees down by just looking at them

Archived