Toggle/Opt out for certain mob visuals

Yes, in the end, I think the best idea for this and to keep the game accessible, while not throwing away the awesome work they've done (seriously, I Love these monsters and the new vibes, but it's not hard to see how they can be disturbing to a point of sickening), is a client toggle like Wigfrid's umlauts. For now the mod will do and we can just see how the dev team does this - there's plenty of time for updates.

43 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

It's really weird how people come out of the woodwork in reaction to threads like this just to establish themselves as mentally superior, when there was no threat to their sensibilities

if snowflake feelings will cause klei to steer away from this awesome, newfound design, then yeah I imagine that's a fair threat to my game experience.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:49 PM, butlerkitties said:

i'm really hoping for a redesign of the mobs, because i like to play on other people's worlds and not my own, and i can't rely on them to turn the mutated mobs off. something more rocky and less fleshy, maybe? like one of the mobs already is, the spider!

Same  here

25 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

if snowflake feelings will cause klei to steer away from this awesome, newfound design, then yeah I imagine that's a fair threat to my game experience.

It's been said time and time again that nobody is asking for the designs to be removed entirely, it's all requests for an optional toggle.

And god, It's so surreal seeing the word "snowflake" being used as an insult in current year. Are you a real person?

32 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

6 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

And god, It's so surreal seeing the word "snowflake" being used as an insult in current year. Are you a real person?

There's no reason to continue this, both are just posting a personal attack instead of argue.

If Klei is going to add toggleable option to disable zombies then they better add toggleable option to disable insanity sounds because now that stuff really physically and mentally harms me and I can't believe Klei doesn't give me an option to mute it.

I don't know how someone could get confused at me wanting an option to disable insanity sounds which can actually hurt someone's ear causing physical trauma and pain especially if Klei's going to go through the effort of adding a censor option for their "grotesque" creatures then how about adding an option for the thing which can ACTUALLY cause someone's ears to ache.

Random notes:

--Oh yeah, I forgot about the monkeys.  I've decided to go with Sugawolf's nickname for them*, myself:  "Blender-mouth".  : P

Again, THANK YOU, Sunset Skye.  And bear in mind, those who throw around the word "snowflake" as an insult...if you get enough snowflakes _together_, they can cause a MOTHER EFFING AVALANCHE.  So it might not have all the wimpiness connotation you meant there.

--Sunset is on my good list, Warbucks and Hell-Met are on my blocked list.  I ain't got time for this.  Life has enough misery as it is, that you absolutely CAN'T avoid.  Why the beep should I deliberately expose myself to _optional_ awfulness.  Build character?  Build even _more_ reason to take my anti-depressive meds, you mean.  Frell that.  Life already throws real death of people I love at me, sickness, aging, friends moving away and stopping being friends...if I can block internet jerks I'm gonna.

SEEya!

EDIT:  Not everybody _can_ use mods (such as console users), so I'm voting for the original toggle idea.

...Notorious

*He was actually talking about the Shipwrecked monkeys at the time, but they have the same teeth, so...

3 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Warbucks and Hell-Met are on my blocked list. 

Warbucks literally posted 2 memes not even directed at people they have been fairly decent this whole time really like ever since the original argument of you know who that started this mess earlier this year he hasn't actually done any attacks i should know i read his comments when i get bored and follow him mostly hes just been asking for mod advice since

like seriously why is this topic a thing? the one guy has literally made a mod for it yet its like that's not enough for consoles yeah but we really don't need it for the people here put that as a thing for console edition not general

we need an actual consensus on what plans we shall implement i've heard for a graphics option in the game menu so console players can do it set to off by default... done!

Hey everybody. You don't need to be jerks to each other over a video game. 

People have the right to ask that their issue be addressed, and you have the right to discuss your thoughts on that, but let's not make it personal, please. 

If somebody is being an ass, report it and move on. Otherwise you're just making it worse by arguing back and forth. 

Thanks. 

Archived