Recommended Posts

Sasza22    2,101

Too bad. But at least we know the final product will get the polish it deserves. Given the amount of complains about the recent morale and disease systems i was worried they might not get the improvements adressed in such short time. Kinda sad we don`t see anything new until the end of june but we can wait.

Keep up the good work.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dracian    80

This is probably the best move in your current situation. I prefer seeing the launch date delayed than playing a game full of bugs, unbalanced and unfinished.

Keep up the good work guys, but remember to rest too. We can wait :eagerness:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nitroturtle    585

Much respect for releasing the game when it's ready rather than when it's scheduled.  A lot of dev studios seem to go the other way as of late.

With 2000+ hours into this game as EA, I feel like I owe Klei money at this point.  Looking forward to seeing what they have coming for the official launch.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightinggale    959

I'm happy that Klei haven't let me down on this. Quality is more important that release date and I was starting to fear quality issues due to the lack of announcements or preview so close to release date. The release date will come and go and next year it won't matter which date it was released, but a buggy release and buggy reputation could live on.

I am however at the same time a bit sad. Not because I have to wait to play the release, but because I don't know what it means to my work as a modder. Now I have another month to make mods, which might all break or be much faster to make once I know what the release looks like from a modding point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    1,121
21 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

We are going to delay the launch of Oxygen Not Included for a bit. After working on the final major update for the game we felt that we weren’t quite where we anticipated that we would be. 

By all means, if you feel quality is not up to standards, take the time it needs to be fixed! I much rather wait a bit than have something that is disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tzionut    249
Quote

 I'd guess you decided to include more changes then planned initially

I think klei devs didn't have time to balance all the new 3 bioms , and i am curious about the final results. But we will see. I suspected this because of the missing testing preview....so things are messy, major bugs, so no preview until is fixed, then they miss the deadline...then this message.

For now i stop playing ONI until the launch. The main issue, at least for me, is the abyssalite. Abyss bugs isn't wort growing, melting it doesn't work, and for converting it to insulation and smash it to sand, you need many more cycle then my laptop can handle...

As i said in other post i want a balanced game. ONI is way off from that target in this state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BaloneyOs    248
Posted (edited)

This is good. ONI has been an excellent concept at its roots but it still lacks polish in some fine details. It's not as if getting rid of every excess object on the map is a real solution to the endgame lag anyways. This delay gives me more confidence that they'll more successfully address the lag problem that's going to plague the game from probably day 2 of release when peoples' bases start to snowball in size.

Edited by BaloneyOs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ashpoker    33

@Bigfoot Take all the time you need. Gamers rather have polished game right from the start than scuffed release with fixes later :) I really look forward to the testing part of this final update and also REALLY hope there are more performance updates :) 

Keep up the good work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tzunki    28

It was a big risk to implement so many changes in such a short time. How to release a product for a failed release has recently shown me Stellaris. 3 months were needed to get it "ready to go".

I'm always happy when the developers take their time and publish their product ready. ANNO 1800 has shown that customers prefer to wait rather than accept bugs.

Maybe they will change their decision and publish only a biome every few weeks. That would make testing easier.

 

But with 983 hours of play, it has already earned its money for me anyway.

Thank you for the nice game (and my confused  crush for Gossmann
)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightinggale    959
15 minutes ago, Tzunki said:

ANNO 1800 has shown that customers prefer to wait rather than accept bugs.

We kind of knew that since the video game crash of 1983. It's hardly a new thing, though 1800 is the oldest year I have seen mentioned in this context :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tzunki    28
3 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

We kind of knew that since the video game crash of 1983. It's hardly a new thing, though 1800 is the oldest year I have seen mentioned in this context :p

I mean the game Anno 1800 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_1800), one of the biggest Sims franchise. But it's more known in Europe, ask me why the rest of the world does not know the Anno series that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightinggale    959
2 minutes ago, Tzunki said:

I mean the game Anno 1800 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_1800), one of the biggest Sims franchise. But it's more known in Europe, ask me why the rest of the world does not know the Anno series that way.

I was joking about mentioning 1800 as a year people were concerned with bugs and yes I do know the game (not that I tried it). Considering the first powerplant opened in 1882, it should be fairly obvious that nobody had software in 1800.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smithdl    37
2 hours ago, Tzunki said:

I mean the game Anno 1800 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anno_1800), one of the biggest Sims franchise. But it's more known in Europe, ask me why the rest of the world does not know the Anno series that way.

Image result for flew over your head gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
avc15    357

Would like to say that all the best game studios used to have this mentality, "we're going to release it when it's done". I applaud klei for this decision, because losing that mentality is what's brought the gaming industry to the state it's in now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    631
On 5/18/2019 at 4:33 PM, tzionut said:

I think klei devs didn't have time to balance all the new 3 bioms , and i am curious about the final results. But we will see. I suspected this because of the missing testing preview....so things are messy, major bugs, so no preview until is fixed, then they miss the deadline...then this message.

For now i stop playing ONI until the launch. The main issue, at least for me, is the abyssalite. Abyss bugs isn't wort growing, melting it doesn't work, and for converting it to insulation and smash it to sand, you need many more cycle then my laptop can handle...

As i said in other post i want a balanced game. ONI is way off from that target in this state. 

not sure that is reason to stop.  use sandbox to delete it if it bothers you that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zerathzul    13

@avc15, Kinda funny, actually. You got Triple-A devs releasing unfinished games, and promising they have a "roadmap". Klei is delaying a game until it's done, because they have a roadmap (and aren't yet where they want to be on said roadmap).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    1,121
10 hours ago, Tzunki said:

It was a big risk to implement so many changes in such a short time.

Actually, not that much if they did not lose context and were looking realistically at where they were. And they did and they just shifted it despite the announcement, with not much harm done. Having that fixed date probably did wonders to the focus everybody had for a few days and drove home that things really had to be in good shape now. That is the thing with  time-planning: You do not do it to be finished at the set date, you do it to be able to decide whether you can keep the date or not and that decision has to obviously be made _before_ that date. 

2 hours ago, Zerathzul said:

@avc15, Kinda funny, actually. You got Triple-A devs releasing unfinished games, and promising they have a "roadmap". Klei is delaying a game until it's done, because they have a roadmap (and aren't yet where they want to be on said roadmap).

You have that in basically every engineering field: Small companies doing the hardcore stuff and doing it well. Large companies failing at much easier projects or doing them badly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yoakenashi    388
25 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

You have that in basically every engineering field: Small companies doing the hardcore stuff and doing it well. Large companies failing at much easier projects or doing them badly. 

Hey! I work at a large company and that is ... absolutely true. Ugh, so true, so sad.

I once asked my management “Should we do it right, or should we do it the way we have been doing it?” Their answer, “The same way”.

Anyway, per topic. I am glad Klei is taking more time as well as letting us test it before hand. I don’t want any review to say “glitches” or “bugs”, just lots of “awesome”.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tzionut    249
Quote

not sure that is reason to stop.  use sandbox to delete it if it bothers you that much.

For me using sandbox other than testing configuration is like cheating. Before the introduction of insulation abyssalite was crush-able in the rock granulator - after... this changed. The solution is simple. Make abyssalite crushable again, or extend the uses  for it. Except for the recipe of insulation is useless. An similar example is diamonds. You can use it as window tiles, aero pots, wallpaper or tempshift plate. The difference is the availability. If diamonds are scarce, abyssalite is abundant. 

THE GAME NEEDS BALANCE. 

I hope @chemie now you understand my point of view. I like this game, and i want to play it. But i want to play it as it was designed. For now is a bad design, and i hope devs will fix it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chemie    631
12 hours ago, tzionut said:

For me using sandbox other than testing configuration is like cheating. Before the introduction of insulation abyssalite was crush-able in the rock granulator - after... this changed. The solution is simple. Make abyssalite crushable again, or extend the uses  for it. Except for the recipe of insulation is useless. An similar example is diamonds. You can use it as window tiles, aero pots, wallpaper or tempshift plate. The difference is the availability. If diamonds are scarce, abyssalite is abundant. 

THE GAME NEEDS BALANCE. 

I hope @chemie now you understand my point of view. I like this game, and i want to play it. But i want to play it as it was designed. For now is a bad design, and i hope devs will fix it. 

It is a sandbox game and you can play however you you enjoy.  For me, I am happy to have all the abyssalite sit quietly in compactors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turalyon    2
22 hours ago, avc15 said:

"we're going to release it when it's done".

Getting a Duke Nukem Forever Flashback *shudder*

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now