Hamlet and Shipwrecked in DST?

Which Hamlet and Shipwrecked character would you like to see in DST?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which Hamlet character would you like to see in DST

• Wheeler
    • Wilba
    • Wagstaff
    • None
    • All
  2. 2. Which Shipwrecked character would you like to see in DST?

• Walani
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • None
    • All
  3. 3. Of both which single character would you be most excited for

• Walani
    • Wilba
    • Wheeler
    • Wilbur
    • Wagstaff
    • Woodlegs
    • None

38 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

If we're getting any other already existing Don't Starve character for DST I'd prefer it to be Warbucks.

Why. Like actually why.

Apart from the meme, he was lackluster in Hamlet, and he'd have no way of achieving his "perk" in DST due to lack of oincs.

Seriously why.

Just now, Zeklo said:

Why. Like actually why.

He'd have no way of achieving his "perk" in DST due to lack of oincs.

Seriously why.

I like his concept a lot; his character design, voice, and the overall the idea of a "colonial explorer". Of course a committed pro can 'rush' caves with any character but I'd like him to be specialized in cave exploration, which is a role I don't think was given on a particular character yet. Instead of oinks, he can benefit from ruins loot like thulecite and have other exploration related perks. 

I think an explorer character works perfectly in DST and Warbuck specifically is such a greater iteration of one over any uninspiring indiana jones character we might get

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

If we're getting any other already existing Don't Starve character for DST I'd prefer it to be Warbucks.

After the big injustice Klei did to Warbucks I'd rather he just stays a mod character on the steam workshop for free, but that's just my opinion.

Also on the topic I think Wagstaff is the most deserving of the DS characters to get into DST.

13 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

Wagstaff is the most deserving of the DS characters to get into DST.

not too sure about that one cheif

his perks aren't really that team based and the role of a engineer is already pretty much filled by Winona

Just now, 4 Da LOLs said:

his perks aren't really that team based and the role of a engineer is already pretty much filled by Winona

His perks were never really fleshed out; like the rest of the cast up till now, or Wilba from the same DLC back when Warbucks was still present.

It's the concept of his character that people like. There've been pages of community suggestions for how that could be interesting gameplay-wise; same for the base game characters.

14 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

I actually never played as Wagstaff, I just saw one of his quotes is he wants to end the world and I thought that's cool he should get into DST then griefers can finally have a character to represent them other than Willow :wilson_ecstatic:

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd prefer completely new characters (like completely new, not unimplemented ones like Wortox) instead of porting existing ones (especially if there's only 1-2 more spots for DLC characters)

4 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd prefer completely new characters (like completely new, not unimplemented ones like Wortox) instead of porting existing ones (especially if there's only 1-2 more spots for DLC characters)

hands down yes

I picked none because DST is supposed to sort of be it's own thing. I don't have a problem with a character or two coming to DST. But I don't want all of them brought over. Nor do I want all of DS' dlcs to be brought over. Just seems unimaginative and boring. I'd rather have more expansion on the DS/DST universe that involves new characters. Maybe something in relation to the Merm? Or just in general, what other civilizations or creatures exist there.

Archived