Sea Boss or monster suggestions here!.

I was thinking of. I heard lot people wanted boss something alike to Pugalisk from Hamlet 25846A0E-E52F-4B14-9A9E-4F505751484A.png.87478463b93da686e1140475a5240431.png  so i got this idea if to fight Sea Serpant! They look like snake alike dragons on sea DE8A87E9-6B35-4C1D-937A-9EDA4D6178D7.thumb.jpeg.c7c3064e6991065537461b7724f1f1d6.jpegso i was thinking klei loves to make like mixed creatures. Was thinking like Sea Zebrant like that head shape of horse, have teeth same sharp like dragons and eyes totally red make it look terrifing and that and have that cool white and black like scales make it look close resemble to zebra. Give your ideas on types monster on sea to see in future.

2 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

its actually PUGalisk

Yea sry didnt notice, i remember it had like resemble with dog. But yea if its sea Zerbant it could make same sounds like dragons do and maybe make some weird little zebra sound there somewhere

An idea popped up while discussing fighting the Quacken with the DST boats on a discord I'm in. Not my own idea, might I mention.

It doesn't really matter what the boss is exactly, but having them crash down from the "Moon" from a meteorite would be terrifying, but pretty awesome thematically if I do say so. 

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

You mean Kelpy?

image.png.6b8bce89c54d411ca39948825ec1d071.pngI'd love to see him make an appearance! 

He would be like cool hiding like in the punch of sea weed forgot how they were called in dst. But would love see them too

I'd like to see the return of those suspicious bubbles from Shipwrecked, with perhaps some new things to hunt.

(Here's a poor MS Paint do-up of a "Houndshark" or something lol. Can't wait for my computer to get fixed.)

image.png.0e2831c2ea4c8b81fc2cf1cee49a4ca1.png

Follow along with me for a moment here, I normally lay things out in a mechanical sense, but this time I’m going to try a different style:

Let’s say you and your partners run across a small-medium chunk of the moon that split off into its own island that. The island is composed of patchwork blue crystal and is empty, spare for some cyan shrubbery and a well containing a heart encased in crystal. At this point, someone pulls out a pick axe, perhaps knowing what they’re doing, perhaps not. They strike at the crystal heart until enough hard crystal has been dislodged that the heart once more begins to beat. The very island itself begins to quake as a war cry rings out from below the surface. At this point you have 30-ish seconds to run back to your boat before it wakes up and shakes itself off, hurling any stragglers to a watery grave. A turtle’s head and legs unfurl from beneath the ocean surface, revealing a once-ordinary sea creature twisted beyond recognition by the influence of the moon.

It begins to chase the ship that disturbed it and the crew must flee, but before they get to far, the creature strikes the ocean floor, bringing the water-logged bodies of dead beasts floating to the surface to obstruct their path like a sea stack. The captain must weave between obstructions to avoid the inexorable advance of the creature from the depths, lest the creature begin to bash the raft to splinters, bringing up leaks.

The creature understands, for as long as the captain stands, it is too slow to reach the sailors, and so it releases moon-addled amphibious warriors from nests built against the safety of its shell, using the mind-warping properties of the moon to instill upon them a unified purpose: kill the captain, bring the ship to a stop. Defenceless at the wheel, the captain must rely on allies to cut back them back. After the last of the warriors have been cut back, the monolithic creature make one final attempt to rush at the ship with every bit of force in its body, before collapsing, surrendering itself to exhaustion, and to the victors. The survivors can now mount the back of the creature and claim the heart, a powerful celestial catalyst, from the body. Now, the dead can rest... until the moon’s damnable power inevitable brings it back to suffer once more, for unlike hounds, there is no limit to the moon’s ability to restructure and reawaken this creature.

As for some mechanical notes, more players make the fight run with higher spawn rates. If the captain dies, someone else could take the wheel, but the spawn rate wouldn’t change halfway through the fight, so their teammates would struggle to fight short-handed as punishment for allowing a teammate to perish. In addition, if a single player takes the boss on alone, the boss incurs a movement speed penalty to accommodate their need to juggle tasks, however, the fight should be more difficult alone, because otherwise there would be no need to  bother with the multiplayer focus.

Mutated SW bosses. The lore could be for it that they followed Warly when he escaped the archipelago as their purpose is to hunt down and kill the survivor, but then when they finally get to the mainland Constant they are mutated by the "moon" and become even more monsterous and horrifying then ever before. It be cool to have the bosses from SW this way as then they can be changed up quite a bit then and have an explanation for the new powers they could have. Also because the concept for thinking its all over after killing Sealnado and then having the actual seal try to kill you as a second phase would be amazing, and having sharkittens that violently chase you down through the water to board your boat as the Tiger Sharks gaining on you behind would make for some interesting escape scenarioes and boss mechanics.

1 hour ago, The 2C3D said:

Follow along with me for a moment here, I normally lay things out in a mechanical sense, but this time I’m going to try a different style:

Let’s say you and your partners run across a small-medium chunk of the moon that split off into its own island that. The island is composed of patchwork blue crystal and is empty, spare for some cyan shrubbery and a well containing a heart encased in crystal. At this point, someone pulls out a pick axe, perhaps knowing what they’re doing, perhaps not. They strike at the crystal heart until enough hard crystal has been dislodged that the heart once more begins to beat. The very island itself begins to quake as a war cry rings out from below the surface. At this point you have 30-ish seconds to run back to your boat before it wakes up and shakes itself off, hurling any stragglers to a watery grave. A turtle’s head and legs unfurl from beneath the ocean surface, revealing a once-ordinary sea creature twisted beyond recognition by the influence of the moon.

It begins to chase the ship that disturbed it and the crew must flee, but before they get to far, the creature strikes the ocean floor, bringing the water-logged bodies of dead beasts floating to the surface to obstruct their path like a sea stack. The captain must weave between obstructions to avoid the inexorable advance of the creature from the depths, lest the creature begin to bash the raft to splinters, bringing up leaks.

The creature understands, for as long as the captain stands, it is too slow to reach the sailors, and so it releases moon-addled amphibious warriors from nests built against the safety of its shell, using the mind-warping properties of the moon to instill upon them a unified purpose: kill the captain, bring the ship to a stop. Defenceless at the wheel, the captain must rely on allies to cut back them back. After the last of the warriors have been cut back, the monolithic creature make one final attempt to rush at the ship with every bit of force in its body, before collapsing, surrendering itself to exhaustion, and to the victors. The survivors can now mount the back of the creature and claim the heart, a powerful celestial catalyst, from the body. Now, the dead can rest... until the moon’s damnable power inevitable brings it back to suffer once more, for unlike hounds, there is no limit to the moon’s ability to restructure and reawaken this creature.

As for some mechanical notes, more players make the fight run with higher spawn rates. If the captain dies, someone else could take the wheel, but the spawn rate wouldn’t change halfway through the fight, so their teammates would struggle to fight short-handed as punishment for allowing a teammate to perish. In addition, if a single player takes the boss on alone, the boss incurs a movement speed penalty to accommodate their need to juggle tasks, however, the fight should be more difficult alone, because otherwise there would be no need to  bother with the multiplayer focus.

That’s well thought out!

Maybe the turtles warriors could be Merms that were heavily influenced by the moon causing them to be skinnier and have a grey-ish teal color to them. And ya can’t forget sunken eyes.

Archived