watermelen671

Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

Deerclops Mika    1020
1 hour ago, -Variant said:

Там буквально миллион и два (преувеличение, но есть много) неиспользованного контента, но я чувствую, что это, в частности, вызовет интерес.
Это Выдра, та самая, звуки которой были обнаружены несколько лет назад!
unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

What is the name of the otter file?

Deerclops Mika    1020

Кажется, здесь нет ничего, связанного с интерьером, хотя было дерево и неиспользуемый куст, которые могли атаковать игроков.
unknown.png

Can you tell me what the names of the files you found are?

-Variant    11860
52 minutes ago, Deerclops Mika said:

Can you tell me what the names of the files you found are?

"Otter" "Jungle_bush"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deerclops Mika    1020

"Выдра" "Куст джунглей"

Are you sure these files weren't taken from mods? I couldn't find files similar in Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together

-Variant    11860
7 minutes ago, Deerclops Mika said:

Are you sure these files weren't taken from mods? I couldn't find files similar in Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together

They're from Newhome.

• Like 1

ArubaroBeefalo    19209

Here's some unused Gestalt forms for the Lunar Island.
Most are up for debate on what they'd do but 1 is supposed to mimic the form of the character you're currently playing as, also known as the Alterego.

Hide contents

alterego.gif.fbaed9282f641bc1f374a03e1e48bd54.gifmelty.gif.e1ee8b09245ebfa3dc888e6ee7a27d15.gifemoeba.gif.814b2fe971b179edede5afbb39e50535.gif
image.png.91eb4127a45631ea257f5188abdc35a0.png

EDIT: Seems they might've been able to possess the player too.
image.png.f5facc0d0fee0ad61de30ec8019ebcce.png

maybe, instead of making the character sleep, they planned this effect which imo is cooler and has more potential

• Like 1

minespatch    96116
2 hours ago, -Variant said:

Most are up for debate on what they'd do but 1 is supposed to mimic the form of the character you're currently playing as, also known as the Alterego.

They should totally do more psychology based demons in the future. Love the concept.

• Like 4

x0-VERSUS-1y    8972
10 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Why were some of these scrapped, honestly? The lunar grass gecko would have been greatly appreciated... the moon island feels very, very unfinished. The only mobs on there are the saladmander, carrat  (added soley to prepare for Year of the Rat, and is in the ground 99% of the time) and the spiders. As if we didn't need more spiders. The ocean stuff especially, it all would have added so much more life in the ocean. The current ocean feels more like a desert than the actual desert.

While I do concur "Moon" fragments/archipelago has a pretty desolate feel to it and perhaps should have had more flora/fauna, maybe that's the precise feel KLei was aiming for, given Alter/"Moon" entity seems to be high above Constant lands, perhaps in some kind of space simulacrum where it stands to reason life would have a hard time if any.

• Like 3

-Variant    11860
14 hours ago, Cassielu said:

Newhome may not be a good game, but it's a treasure trove for data mining. Maybe we should create a new topic for it?

Yep! Working on doing that right now, was thinking the same thing. I'm just compiling a few things before hand.
Done and done! You can find it here!

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

thegreatJash    1831
On 6/29/2021 at 12:45 AM, Cassielu said:

So this is the legendary Bigfoot Backpack....

Newhome may not be a good game, but it's a treasure trove for data mining. Maybe we should create a new topic for it?

1250028432_QQ20210629124121.png.0d29e9a98916581bd78941604bcdffa0.png

This should totally be in the game. Say what you will about Bigfoot himself, but there should be at least something like this to remember him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-Variant    11860
19 hours ago, minespatch said:

Can I get the file sprite/image of Pearl's hat/helmet by itself? Need it for a meme.

image.png.d3516fbbc0be3b4d3099c60f504a6fb9.png

Spoiler

hair-2.png.0197727e1730d701bd9e5c731a75d06e.pnghair-1.png.656b6f1410a98dfce700256d90ce1dbf.pnghair-0.png.a7fb9dcdf7c7ca897a7318f7b77d8b58.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DragonMage156    27716
On 6/28/2021 at 10:09 PM, -Variant said:

There's like, literally a million and 2 (exaggeration but there's a lot) of unused content, but I feel this in particular will spark interest.
It's the Otter, the one that had the datamined sounds from like years ago!
unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

OTTER!!! :<

• Like 2
  • Haha 1