Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hey man can I please see some Animations of the Magma Golems from the Forge event? 

those things look way cool and since I never got to play the event I was curious what their Animations were. Thnx. <3

Yeah sure...it's a bit late right now for me to snag 'em but I'll probably do it as soon as I get up tomorrow. :wilson_goodjob:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can we please have these things spring up randomly out of Lava Pools and throw fireballs towards the player? PLEASE...

We keep asking for new mobs and new game world Content, But things like this ALREADY Exist..

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/76-dont-starve-together-suggestions-and-feedback/

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

That section of the forums has significantly less traffic then General Discussion. And besides if you read half the threads on the General Discussion Tab they ALL Belong in Suggestions & Feedback.

But that’s not the point- The Point was that when I asked for Shipwrecked and Hamlet content be added to DST I was met with an astounding amount of “No, Go play single player DS if you want that experience” I would rather have new content exclusive to DST.

Okay fine.. but This IS Content that Is Exclusive to DST... so why am I still being met with “No I would rather have brand new content instead of having Klei add items that were part of a short Limited time DST Event to the game.”??

Also Personally I Think all of you are being Completely Unfair When it comes to wanting Shipwrecked and Hamlet content in DST- Hamlet isn’t even ON CONSOLES but the Idea Of having a Customizable house (Which apparently Hamlet has) sounds like it would be fun.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

That section of the forums has significantly less traffic then General Discussion. And besides if you read half the threads on the General Discussion Tab they ALL Belong in Suggestions & Feedback.

It's not about how many people read it, it's about who reads it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

[snip]

Well take it to general discussion and not on this thread! What you're discussing is off-topic.

I'm not trying to be mean, but from what I can see you're trying to hijack this thread and repurpose it into a more frequently trafficked suggestion maker.

1 minute ago, YouKnowWho said:

It's not about how many people read it, it's about who reads it.

What they said. :wilson_goodjob:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

-snip-

It’s a shame Hamlet isn’t on consoles, I’ll agree with you on that. But the limited event things shouldn’t be placed outside of that event, ex. the golems are part of the Forge, and should stay part of the Forge because of lore and it’s better to have completely new, refreshing enemies instead of lazy reskins. This isn’t the thread for making suggestions for DST, it’s the thread to ask about data mining. Stop spamming it with things that don’t belong here.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Well take it to general discussion and not on this thread! What you're discussing is off-topic.

I'm not trying to be mean, but from what I can see you're trying to hijack this thread and repurpose it into a more frequently trafficked suggestion maker.

What they said. :wilson_goodjob:

Not really though, We all know currently unnamed Return of Them Beta #4 is Due out within the next 4 or 5 days from now.. 

Surely there has to already be SOMETHING from that that can be Data-mined?

At least the name of it? haha..

I’m Defiantly not trying to Hi-jack your thread, sorry if that’s how it seemed though.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Surely there has to already be SOMETHING from that that can be Data-mined?

Nope, nothing new has been added to the files.

I can't post anything until they release the beta, and I'm not an "influencer" who has access to the good stuff early. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

@watermelen671 I hate to bother you but I must ask a question that has been bothering me, I figured You would have an answer to this but..

Why is there Two different Sections in the forums for Don’t Starve Together General Discussion & Return Of Them?

Now that RoT content is part of the game wouldn’t Return of Them be considered just as much General Discussion?

Anyway- If you can’t answer that it’s fine, but can I please get some of the Animations for Walani, her Surfboard and Jellyfish from the Shipwrecked DLC?

I want to make a Walani gif out of them & turn that into something cool :) Thank You.

• Developer

Return of Them is a series of updates. The devs will likely keep it that way to separate bugs and feedback in an easier way. Ultimately, JoeW knows better than me, but that's likely what it is. They always do this for DLCs and RoT is technically a free DLC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now that RoT content is part of the game

"Return Of Them" is a series of game updates, and the series isn't over yet.

When the series is finished, they will probably close this part of the forum.

Edited by Cuikui

8 minutes ago, Cuikui said:

"Return Of Them" is a series of game updates, and the series isn't over yet.

When the series is finished, they will probably close this part of the forum.

unlikely, They didn’t close Reign of Giants forums section either, and that’s been in DS for forever.

It just makes posting things in the appropriate area of the forums very very confusing because you can’t tell what actually IS the right Area of the Forums to post it within.

Like for example if I wanted to take a photo to display all the fish I’ve caught in a Fish-Scale Tank does that go in General Discussion or Does it go in Return Of Them?

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

unlikely, They didn’t close Reign of Giants forums section either, and that’s been in DS for forever.

That's because RoG is a DLC in singleplayer DS, it's only a free update in DST.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Like for example if I wanted to take a photo to display all the fish I’ve caught in a Fish-Scale Tank does that go in General Discussion or Does it go in Return Of Them?

I think that'd go in Return of Them, because that's an item from RoT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

That's because RoG is a DLC in singleplayer DS, it's only a free update in DST.

I think that'd go in Return of Them, because that's an item from RoT.

Wait RoG was a DLC expansion? o.O that is news to me.. I just thought it was part of the game. I’ve always been able to play as Wigfrid & Webber.

But thank You for the response.

• Haha 3

On 2/23/2020 at 11:50 PM, minespatch said:

@watermelen671

When will these be tackled?

Never!! Watermelen has abandoned us to now focus entirely on ONI Stuff.

It is a sad day :( but maybe someone else will come along & take up the mantle where Watermelen has left off.

(Honestly I don’t know.. I just thought it would be funny to provide someone a golden opportunity to post a Super hero related Meme here)

• Sad 1