Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

9 hours ago, watermelen671 said:
14 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

If you think about it, though, this and the carrat are not at all the first times the animal and vegetable kingdoms have weirdly crossed over in Don't Starve...Grass Geckos and Lureplants both drop leafy MEAT, treeguards drop monster MEAT.

Leafy meat is a misnomer, because it's only technically meat, and as Wigfrid likes to put it, is only "fake meat".

And this is the first time that edible matter and animals have been merged. Unless you're Woodie, you can't eat grass. And all other creatures that had leafy meat were mere plant-based life forms, with characteristics that made them not just:

Fruit+Lizard+Moon = Adorable Fruit Dragon

I like to think of it this way: if it droppeth monster meat, it has been affected by "the fuel".

Uh, just to clarify...I meant only a mix of PLANT and animal in general, not necessarily _edible_ plants.  When I used the phrase "vegetable kingdom" I actually meant more like, in the general category, like "Animal, vegetagble, or mineral?"--I apologise if that was confusing to anyone.  Or in the taxonomic sense--like we're Kingdom Animalia, a pine tree is Kingdom Plantae.  Aside from the "domain" (or empire, or superkingdom, etc.) uber-category, that's _as far apart as things can GET_ on the family "tree" (lel) of life, and yet the Don't Starve universe is SO weird, it hybridises stuff from both into the same living being.  And that's weird.  And the moon creatures are weird in that same way--a mix of animal and plant, regardless of edibility by humanoids. 

Hence, my supposition that there might've been influence from the moon long ago, that lasted long enough to make/influence a few species, and then the influence went away but the creatures didn't, living on as evidence that it had happened.  And now, after an unspecified long time, the Lunar Influence is back again.  It's probably on some kind of thousands-of-years cycle, knowing how these things tend to go in fantasy universes...

As for the swimsuits--yeah, they were added right along with the Willow update.  Which is awesome, 'cos I've been thinking that old-fashioned '20s bathing suits would be ADORABLE in this game for the longest time.  Fun fact:  My brother and I were playing right on that day, and he got one of the new swimsuits within HOURS of them even existing in the game*.  And he doesn't even play all that often, which makes it a _doubly_ funny coincidence!

...Notorious

*This might also be some odd family trait, 'cos I got a bumble staff as a drop barely after THEY were added.   I still remember somebody thinking it was a mod when I posted my first screenshot with it...

Edited by CaptainChaotica
removed a duplicate word. oops oops. : P

36 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Part one of my plan worked.

image.png.1347fc38049676b02d59ffa99ad1ed2f.png

I deleted it. 

wilsipp.thumb.png.574d3040d6e79a8ab56c240c2de10521.png

Spoiler

Edit: And then it immediately crashed. I guess that was part two of your plan?

Edit 2: And you've now corrupted my save, which I assume was part three of your plan...

Edited by watermelen671
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:
Spoiler

Edit 2: And you've now corrupted my save, which I assume was part three of your plan...

LMFAO IT WORKED

Spoiler

Sorry, but not sorry at the same time.

┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴

Edited by -Variant
  • Haha 4

Just now, -Variant said:

LMFAO IT WORKED

Dude, it was a save that I made specifically for testing. I didn't lose anything, and it was literally like day 1.

Bold of you to assume I do mega bases, and go for hundreds of thousands of days in a single save.

...I don't. I nuke a save everyday because that's how I am. It's kinda the reason why I've never gotten past the start of Hurricane season in Shipwrecked. Because I stop playing for the day, and then come back a day later and just nuke it and start all over again.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Dude, it was a save that I made specifically for testing. I didn't lose anything, and it was literally like day 1.

Bold of you to assume I do mega bases, and go for hundreds of thousands of days in a single save.

...I don't. I nuke a save everyday because that's how I am. It's kinda the reason why I've never gotten past the start of Hurricane season in Shipwrecked. Because I stop playing for the day, and then come back a day later and just nuke it and start all over again.

Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to burn any mega base worlds, that'd be actually really bad. Immoral even, despite being the Sinner I am.

However, it's actually really funny you say that. Because that's what I do, too! Every world is a new one, half the time I'm in game I'm modding or testing.

22 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to burn any mega base worlds, that'd be actually really bad. Immoral even, despite being the Sinner I am.

However, it's actually really funny you say that. Because that's what I do, too! Every world is a new one, half the time I'm in game I'm modding or testing.

Also congrats on reaching the Mille-feuille club.

Spoiler

Yes I'm well aware of what I said, and I've changed my rank to reflect that.

image.png.a9c06bc44695af81afb3164c7fa45ec7.png

Edited by watermelen671
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 9:21 PM, watermelen671 said:

Well the devs said that Charlie is moving forward with her plans, and is taking her gaze TO SPACE the moon.

For all we know she could be attempting to bring back the counterbalance of shadow magic, which is lunar magic.

Which seems more powerful and oddly mutagenic. So it's either a power grab, or maybe it's a way to weaken the power THEY hold over her so she can finally be free. 

Maybe she made a grab for the moon and pulled a chunk down

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2019 at 9:21 PM, watermelen671 said:

Well the devs said that Charlie is moving forward with her plans, and is taking her gaze TO SPACE the moon.

For all we know she could be attempting to bring back the counterbalance of shadow magic, which is lunar magic.

Which seems more powerful and oddly mutagenic. So it's either a power grab, or maybe it's a way to weaken the power THEY hold over her so she can finally be free. 

Didn't the Ancients start out using light (lunar!) magic?

EDIT: Just saw this has already been discussed, and in a more comprehensive fashion. Gg self.

58e8edc67d898_mural1.png.05fc92cadd7a1f285dfe76f0a4e1549b.png

Edited by Zampano
I'm dumb
  • Like 1

On 17/05/2019 at 10:21 PM, watermelen671 said:

Which seems more powerful and oddly mutagenic.

i hope they dont make it more powerful, just make it the extreme opposite or something like that. both light and darkness being equally evil but in different ways is something that really gets me going

• Like 6

Yeah

3 hours ago, Datanon said:

i hope they dont make it more powerful, just make it the extreme opposite or something like that. both light and darkness being equally evil but in different ways is something that really gets me going

Yeah, I love the whole ‘buried ancient powerful’ the shadow magic has going on, i wouldnt want that to be overshadowed (lol) by an island full of super powerful eldritch moon magic just off the coast. Maybe the lunar isle will be the home of a gate? To a crazier land?  The actual moon!?

6 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Please don't remove this Klei! XD

DON'T USE IT!!! YOU CAN'T REMOVE IT AND IF YOU DO IT CORRUPTS YOUR SAVE!!

6 hours ago, Zampano said:

EDIT: Just saw this has already been discussed, and in a more comprehensive fashion. Gg self.

I dunno if you're complementing my ramblings, or someone else took my ramblings and assembled them in a more comprehensive fashion...

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, TurtleKitty said:

What is the Mille-feuille club?

2 hours ago, Voidbarker said:

probably some rank stuff in the forum itself. i dunno.

It's just a food based joke she made up, according to her profile status. 

• Thanks 1

This a question about meteor showers, kinda unrelated to the Return of Them beta (unless they changed it): what causes meteor showers, how do they work, and is there a way to turn them off and on again at will via the console?

Do the meteors have spawners (like tumbleweeds)? Do they require an event (like TheWorld:PushEvent("shower"))? Can the location of meteor fields be changed? Is the field it's own entity? Can the range of the fields be changed?

• Like 1