watermelen671

Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

DragonMage156    24,941
10 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

saladmander_challenge.png.a11b11fe2093b7faf157843bc6530c89.png

Saladmander pulling a jolteon.

7 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

fruit_dragon_ripe_attack_fire.png.42954778d3983bec40b632b70660d31c.png

Ooh now it's a flareon/cinderquil (I swear all the mobs are lowkey Pokemon. Klei-mon when?)

• Like 3

4 Da LOLs    2,207
7 hours ago, Squats said:

Yeah, I found that throwing a bath bomb into a hot spring will make it glow at night. (And possibly warmer than an unaltered hot spring?) A saladmander that hangs out at that hot spring long enough will morph into their red form. I was able to push a sleeping green one next to the spring and watch it transform after a little bit.

Screen Shot 05-17-19 at 11.21 AM 004.PNG

I lit it on fire next to some driftwood...

disappointed

TurtleKitty    1,161
15 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Hide contents

lunarmoth_idle_loop_down.png.e223a807c82024cb9c62b2a287154528.pnglunarmoth_eat.png.9f5fe49a450766d8836681d0cf5c6219.pnglunarmoth_sleep.png.97deb089ff71adbac720935f8cda3ceb.pnglunarmoth_interact_passive.png.7035b2b06059fcc1e452943e0d7127e0.pnglunarmoth_interact_active.png.8a4ff480b91c3fe24498921d9ad4290a.pnglunarmoth_emote_pet.png.297aadeaa8c5d03901c5cf863770f7a9.pnglunarmoth_emote_cute.png.381751e879e6ae21c19a5334897c2ec5.pnglunarmoth_emote.png.85b09d697f329a090d01695f221cad13.png

My sweet angel baby! <3 
Could you imagine a Webber skin based on Lunar Mothling or Shattered Spider? 

• Like 4

CaptainChaotica    4,264

The mothling is SO CUTE!  Too bad I'll likely have a kitty already by the time I'm able to get one, unless it takes me a while to find the pet den (which has been known to happen).  At the moment I haven't even gotten to the Lunar Island yet, hence my "DERP HOW I DO DIS?" questions--last time I played, I suddenly lost connection on like the dawn of day...4? and hadn't found gold yet, which means no science machine, no thingie, no boats and no island.  I was just about to explore a desert when suddenly the game went NOPE, so I might've been _close_ to gold...

The Pokemon saladmander is frickin' adorable, and yes, it even seems to have an "evolved" form!  : P  If you think about it, though, this and the carrat are not at all the first times the animal and vegetable kingdoms have weirdly crossed over in Don't Starve...Grass Geckos and Lureplants both drop leafy MEAT, treeguards drop monster MEAT, and you'd think Wigfrid would be willing to eat butterflies since, ya know, they're in the animal kingdom but nope!  You plant them in the ground and they become flowers. wut.

So...all this combines to tell me that the lunar influence actually first affected the Constant MUCH earlier, and we're just now being able to see the _source_.  Similar to how nightmare fuel was affecting things all over the place way before we found the source of magic Fuelweaver...

And, 'cos I'm a ginourmous book nerd, all this stuff about proximity to/being on the moon (or a piece of it?) reminds me of that one Dragonlance book...um...(looks it up) "Darkness and Light".  No wonder it took me a bit to remember the title; the main part of it I remember has _nothing_ to do with the main plot!  But...I remember that part better because I found it so much more FUN than the main plot...

Anyway at one point the main characters go in a rickety Gnome-made (EFF YEAH TINKER GNOMES WHOO)...rocket ship? to Lunitari, the Moon of Neutrality.  It is also, however, the moon of CHAOS, and every second you or anything else spends on there starts to mess you up.  Starting from irritability/random mood swings on up to physical mutation to the point of becoming a new _species_, and the things ALREADY living there are...yeah.  Forget the cheesy you-already-know-its-doomed-'cos-this-is-a-prequel romance story (and they're not actually interesting together anyway)--bring on the freaky science fantasy!  (See also: The Greygem of Gargath, which was used back in Krynn's prehistory by a god to split one race into multiple, and later on was captured by a warlock who then found out WHY only gods should even go near the thing.  Yikes.  And I think it was made from a piece of the same moon, but I could be wrong.)

So...yeah!  Moon whose very proximity makes things mutate.  Yep.  :)

...Notorious

• Like 2

watermelen671    13,561
18 hours ago, Squats said:

Screen Shot 05-17-19 at 11.21 AM 004.PNG

You lizard is eating, what does it eat?

• Confused 1

Alfons100    329
On 2019-05-17 at 2:34 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Oh. My. Heavens.

At long last, Don't Starve is really leaning into the Lovecraftian end of things!

Please, I want all the eldritch abominations. Heck, I want to become an eldritch abomination--could you imagine ABOMINATION SKINS?! Aaaahhh!

Beasts all over the shop.. you'll be one sooner or later..

• Haha 3

-Variant    4,504
3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I thought that was just an MS Paint edit made by @minespatch... :wilson_curious:

No, that MSpaint drawing is actually an item in game.

You can spawn it in, it's a fish net.

You know those littles fishies you see in the ocean? Use the net on those to get antchovies. 
Ant-anchovies. 

• Like 4

watermelen671    13,561
41 minutes ago, -Variant said:

No, that MSpaint drawing is actually an item in game.

You can spawn it in, it's a fish net.

You know those littles fishies you see in the ocean? Use the net on those to get antchovies. 
Ant-anchovies. 

I'm aware of the antchovies...I thought I had posted it here.

Also why the heck can't we just use the fishing rod it's infuriating.

• Like 4

-Variant    4,504
1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Also why the heck can't we just use the fishing rod it's infuriating.

Antchovies are just too smart for that. Gotta' net 'em.

• Like 3

ShadowDuelist    3,752

Sorry if this is the wrong topic, but in the beta I see a new swimsuits skin collection, why this wasn't mentioned around? They all specify that won't actually let us swim though

• Like 3

TrashLord    234
6 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Sorry if this is the wrong topic, but in the beta I see a new swimsuits skin collection, why this wasn't mentioned around? They all specify that won't actually let us swim though

Swimsuits were added with the Willow refresh.

• Like 4

watermelen671    13,561
1 hour ago, TrashLord said:

Swimsuits were added with the Willow refresh.

What? Why have I never noticed this??

watermelen671    13,561
29 minutes ago, -Variant said:

image.thumb.png.9377b1d3fa9c88cf5f8e4d5a277c3323.png

So this is a thing in the beta...

...I must now attempt this.

• Like 2