watermelen671

Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671    14,976
5 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Ermm, you sure you're on the right thread? It's always been about leaked content, baseless speculation about what new additions might entail etc. etc.

The Speculation part I had to add because too many people were theorizing about stuff that was derailing the topic.

Speculating meant what certain stuff in the game files might've done or might do, an example of this would be the New Character lines, gnarwhale and otter. 

But I suppose if it's leading to more confusion I should just remove it then, eh?

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Only about discussions and leaked content that watermelen likes apparetly :wilsondisapproving:

No, it always has been, and always will be, about stuff that's in the game. You're more than welcome to discuss Wurt here once he's released, but until then, not here.

• Thanks 2

Lammarr    1,290

Hey folks just to not explode poor watermelen's head please discuss about Wurt here:

Edited by Lammarr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

watermelen671    14,976
37 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm sorry but that makes no sense. The datamined content aren't in the game. They're in the files sure, but not the game. And what about Malbatross for example? It was in the files but then got removed. Were we not supposed to talk about that?

If you don't want to talk about Wurt here that's fine, but I don't think this reason, this excuse, is valid.

Wurt's not even in the files, there's nothing here aside from a vague icon in a dev's inventory and a line of flavor text.

Also, the Malbatross isn't a good example, because it could actually be spawned into the game. It was in the files, and therefore was in the game.

image.png.4e9036f4017e01cf227de775328e3f01.png

You're making an apples to oranges comparison. A simple screenshot of an unreleased icon in a developer's inventory isn't the same as something that's been unimplemented but still exists within the game's files. Like I've said before, you're more than welcome to discuss Wurt here when it's released, and therefore in the game's files, but until then there are other more appropriate threads for people to gush about and speculate in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Zeklo    17,455
Just now, watermelen671 said:

Also, the Malbatross isn't a good example, because it could actually be spawned into the game. It was in the files, and therefore was in the game.

No you missed my point entirely. It was later REMOVED, and could NOT be spawned. Were we supposed to stop talking about it at that point?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

watermelen671    14,976
Just now, Zeklo said:

No you missed my point entirely. It was later REMOVED, and could NOT be spawned. Were we supposed to stop talking about it at that point?

We...kinda did though.

You're still missing my point. Wurt isn't even released, there are no files whatsoever. Period.

There were files of the malbatross, and people can save it, like most did. It's tangibility my friend; unless you have access to Wurt's files the discussion doesn't belong here. Simple as that. This isn't a theory thread, this isn't a speculative leak thread. There are several threads already dedicated to that. This is a thread about data mining files from the game, a thread about the game's assets, models, etc. If it was in the game's files at one point, it's still fair game. But if there are NO files, no anims, soundbytes, it doesn't belong here.

• Like 4

watermelen671    14,976
Just now, Zeklo said:

Info is info my dude. It's all tangible. If you don't want it here for whatever personal reasons fine. People are still going to pop in here and ask about it.

I'd recommend dropping the "Data Mining" part of the title altogether. This seems more like asset extraction at people's requests. 

At least that'll stop it from being misleading. 

Leaks aren't data mining though, you seem to entirely miss the point of that. Data mining is just looking through the game's files, looking for information like code, textures, anims, and sounds. That's it.

There's currently a lull in the influx of new content, so I do requests to pass the time until the next update rolls over us. Like I've said before, once Wurt is released I'm sure there'll be new content, and people are welcome to discuss it then. 

ONCE WURT IS RELEASED PEOPLE CAN TALK ABOUT IT HERE. I WILL BE SURE TO POST ANY NEW CONTENT WHEN THAT OCCURS.

AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW THERE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A SCREENSHOT AND FLAVOR TEXT. THIS IS NOT DATA MINING, AND SHOULD BE DISCUSSED ELSEWHERE. 

Now can we please cease this discussion as it's only further derailing this thread.

5c9c6a1253111_topicreporter.png.f3faeacb0d46f1d46a85f0fc22a623b7.thumb.png.0c9e08b9e6c0938e7d0bbe1c9b3af51f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

watermelen671    14,976
Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

You're taking data mining far too literally, but whatever. Close your eyes to it. I don't really care. One less reason to come to this thread.

Okay then...what you're saying literally makes no sense but at this point I'm done with this conversation. I've laid out the guidelines of what is considered on or off topic for this thread, and all you've managed to do is throw it all out the window and say that I should allow everything because you think it's considered relevant.

You seem to be the only person continuing this debacle, as people have respectfully moved their discussion to another thread. 

Regardless, fare the well, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. I couldn't care less whether or not you come to this thread, if you do that's cool, if you don't, that's also cool. If you think that's going to offend me you're sorely mistaken.

Anyways I have a headache and am going to go yeet myself off the nearest cliff. Good day. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Szczuku    9,287

I mean it's not like anyone considered talking about Wurt here off topic untill watermelen said so.

Anyway...

@watermelen671 do cookie cutters have an eating animation and if they do could you post it here?

• Like 2

watermelen671    14,976
2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

@watermelen671 do cookie cutters have an eating animation and if they do could you post it here?

I believe so...

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Cookie cutters eating pumpkin cookies would make my day

deepfriedsoyousay.png.d478aecba53d32e783825c7e507e0124.png

Oh my god that'd be amazing. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

minespatch    62,003
6 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

"pls post me a pigeon animation, ok, here's your pigeon prefab"

I ask since I'm a artist...:wilsondisapproving:

• Like 1