Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

37 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm sorry but that makes no sense. The datamined content aren't in the game. They're in the files sure, but not the game. And what about Malbatross for example? It was in the files but then got removed. Were we not supposed to talk about that?

If you don't want to talk about Wurt here that's fine, but I don't think this reason, this excuse, is valid.

Wurt's not even in the files, there's nothing here aside from a vague icon in a dev's inventory and a line of flavor text.

Also, the Malbatross isn't a good example, because it could actually be spawned into the game. It was in the files, and therefore was in the game.

image.png.4e9036f4017e01cf227de775328e3f01.png

You're making an apples to oranges comparison. A simple screenshot of an unreleased icon in a developer's inventory isn't the same as something that's been unimplemented but still exists within the game's files. Like I've said before, you're more than welcome to discuss Wurt here when it's released, and therefore in the game's files, but until then there are other more appropriate threads for people to gush about and speculate in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Also, the Malbatross isn't a good example, because it could actually be spawned into the game. It was in the files, and therefore was in the game.

No you missed my point entirely. It was later REMOVED, and could NOT be spawned. Were we supposed to stop talking about it at that point?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zeklo said:

No you missed my point entirely. It was later REMOVED, and could NOT be spawned. Were we supposed to stop talking about it at that point?

We...kinda did though.

You're still missing my point. Wurt isn't even released, there are no files whatsoever. Period.

There were files of the malbatross, and people can save it, like most did. It's tangibility my friend; unless you have access to Wurt's files the discussion doesn't belong here. Simple as that. This isn't a theory thread, this isn't a speculative leak thread. There are several threads already dedicated to that. This is a thread about data mining files from the game, a thread about the game's assets, models, etc. If it was in the game's files at one point, it's still fair game. But if there are NO files, no anims, soundbytes, it doesn't belong here.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

There were files of the malbatross, and people can save it, like most did. It's tangibility my friend; unless you have access to Wurt's files the discussion doesn't belong here. Simple as that. This isn't a theory thread, this isn't a speculative leak thread. There are several threads already dedicated to that. This is a thread about data mining files from the game, a thread about the game's assets, models, etc. If it was in the game's files at one point, it's still fair game. But if there are NO files, no anims, soundbytes, it doesn't belong here.

Info is info my dude. It's all tangible. If you don't want it here for whatever personal reasons fine. People are still going to pop in here and ask about it.

I'd recommend dropping the "Data Mining" part of the title altogether. This seems more like asset extraction at people's requests. 

At least that'll stop it from being misleading. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zeklo said:

Info is info my dude. It's all tangible. If you don't want it here for whatever personal reasons fine. People are still going to pop in here and ask about it.

I'd recommend dropping the "Data Mining" part of the title altogether. This seems more like asset extraction at people's requests. 

At least that'll stop it from being misleading. 

Leaks aren't data mining though, you seem to entirely miss the point of that. Data mining is just looking through the game's files, looking for information like code, textures, anims, and sounds. That's it.

There's currently a lull in the influx of new content, so I do requests to pass the time until the next update rolls over us. Like I've said before, once Wurt is released I'm sure there'll be new content, and people are welcome to discuss it then. 

ONCE WURT IS RELEASED PEOPLE CAN TALK ABOUT IT HERE. I WILL BE SURE TO POST ANY NEW CONTENT WHEN THAT OCCURS.

AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW THERE IS NOTHING MORE THAN A SCREENSHOT AND FLAVOR TEXT. THIS IS NOT DATA MINING, AND SHOULD BE DISCUSSED ELSEWHERE. 

Now can we please cease this discussion as it's only further derailing this thread.

5c9c6a1253111_topicreporter.png.f3faeacb0d46f1d46a85f0fc22a623b7.thumb.png.0c9e08b9e6c0938e7d0bbe1c9b3af51f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Leaks aren't data mining though, you seem to entirely miss the point of that.

You're taking data mining far too literally, but whatever. Close your eyes to it. I don't really care. One less reason to come to this thread.

EDIT: Since people still seem to be confused let's put it this way:
What reason do people come to this thread?

To ask for raw in-game assets?
Or to see potential content that might be coming in the future?

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

You're taking data mining far too literally, but whatever. Close your eyes to it. I don't really care. One less reason to come to this thread.

Okay then...what you're saying literally makes no sense but at this point I'm done with this conversation. I've laid out the guidelines of what is considered on or off topic for this thread, and all you've managed to do is throw it all out the window and say that I should allow everything because you think it's considered relevant.

You seem to be the only person continuing this debacle, as people have respectfully moved their discussion to another thread. 

Regardless, fare the well, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. I couldn't care less whether or not you come to this thread, if you do that's cool, if you don't, that's also cool. If you think that's going to offend me you're sorely mistaken.

Anyways I have a headache and am going to go yeet myself off the nearest cliff. Good day. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Okay then...what you're saying literally makes no sense but at this point I'm done with this conversation. I've laid out the guidelines of what is considered on or off topic for this thread, and all you've managed to do is throw it all out the window and say that I should allow everything because you think it's considered relevant.

You seem to be the only person continuing this debacle, as people have respectfully moved their discussion to another thread. 

Regardless, fare the well, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. I couldn't care less whether or not you come to this thread, if you do that's cool, if you don't, that's also cool. If you think that's going to offend me you're sorely mistaken.

You seem to mistake compliance with respect. In no way have I said everything should be allowed, you keep on missing the point entirely, or at the very least dismissing it. My question still stands: is this a place where assets are being pulled—end of story—or a hub for trying to data mine upcoming content? And, should I need to clarify—data mine through all means. You know what else isn't in the files? The new Wortox skin—at least the lower half. Why? Because it's on console. Is that something that should not be shared?

I'm asking for clarification, and have been yet you keep avoiding answering.

Is this a place for people to ask for assets?
Or is this a place for data mining future content? And if so, why are you limiting the means of doing so?

EDIT:

96fx96f

330x192

Here are ASSETS pulled from STEAM. Does this not belong in this ASSET thread because it's from STEAM and not the game? Even though it's FOR the game? And mind you, I DATA MINED these in the traditional sense of the word. Just from a different location.

I understand I haven't been presenting my argument well, and have become frustrated by it, but this is a good example no?

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Or just let people do whatever. Don't act like everyone's on topic 100% of the time. Data mining isn't that serious so relax and just enjoy the Speculation which is in the title. @watermelen671

If you be toxic and drive off everyone who asks you are going to build a bad rep for this thread and for yourself. Just let them speculate so 50 other threads dont need to be made.

Edited by Casul
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9

I for one far more enjoy snippets of news about new content that might be added or potential one, even concepts that were later removed, than to see, for example, "pls post me a pigeon animation, ok, here's your pigeon prefab" or pseudo-memes this thread is around 50% about. Fair enough, I thought was mainly data mining, then I saw some other stuff was added in title to justify the inherent off-topic.. Ok.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I ask since I'm a artist...:wilsondisapproving:

I think that's fine. Even from the beginning this thread was more about pulling assets out. It especially helps keep the thread from being buried. Not to mention it's probably the most appropriate thread for it.

My qualm was more so concern that the "datamining" part of the thread was getting shoved under the couch. I'd make a new thread, but it seems redundant when this is a perfectly good one (so long as the exact things people are submitting and commenting on isn't censored).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@minespatch sent your friend - I presume Melon is your friend - a private message when you need some asset from them, no need to ask them "officially" on forums, in posts. Am sure they will help you in your endeavors (even if they aren't your actual friends - and if they don't and only do so on "official summons"... well, then that would speak volumes about one's character I suppose).

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

@minespatch sent your friend - I presume Melon is your friend - a private message when you need some asset from them, no need to ask them "officially" on forums, in posts. Am sure they will help you in your endeavors (even if they aren't your actual friends - and if they don't and only do so on "official summons"... well, then that would speak volumes about one's character I suppose).

Calm down. As Zeklo said those requests are a good way of keeping the thread from being burried. 

Plus I don't mind seeing animations that minespatch requests

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

Calm down. As Zeklo said those requests are a good way of keeping the thread from being burried. 

Plus I don't mind seeing animations that minespatch requests

Lol, most times am chill af, heh, funny some people assume otherwise :lol:

Well, isn't that just another more elaborate form of "bumps up" spam? Let topics "live" organically. If nothing else can be added, let it fade; is natural. Yeah animations are cute, but would be more fun if only related to upcoming stuff, snippets dug from latest updates via said data mining. Still in the end is ok, is only my personal view, can just gloss over it and do whatever one wants to *thumbs-up*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

I could also ask Instant noodles but he seems busy.

• Like 1