Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

Alright well I figured it out on my own.

His footstep sounds have in fact newly appeared in the turnoftides audio files (compared with an old version of the file I had on hand).

So are they just nicking all of the SW audio files? Or is it...something more?

• Like 1

Just now, watermelen671 said:

So are they just nicking all of the SW audio files? Or is it...something more?

Hard to say. It wouldn't be too far fetched to say they're re-using/re-purposing/using them as references for future content. There are wave sounds from shipwrecked (and boat sounds) which is probably not too surprising. The fact that it's only Woodleg's walk sound could just mean they're re-purposing or working on sounds for walking on wood, etc. Saltydog's soundfile also has platapine sounds in it, and DST sounds as a whole have a ton of sounds from all over.

Who knows. Weird that that specifically made it in—especially into Turn of Tides since we're on Salty Dog now... strange indeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

the ocean_silhouette quote is still around in character files as i can see... does this mean we're still getting another ocean boss??

I mean, we got like five bosses in A New Reign. I don't know if I'd expect that many but a few at least.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Hard to say. It wouldn't be too far fetched to say they're re-using/re-purposing/using them as references for future content. There are wave sounds from shipwrecked (and boat sounds) which is probably not too surprising. The fact that it's only Woodleg's walk sound could just mean they're re-purposing or working on sounds for walking on wood, etc. Saltydog's soundfile also has platapine sounds in it, and DST sounds as a whole have a ton of sounds from all over.

Who knows. Weird that that specifically made it in—especially into Turn of Tides since we're on Salty Dog now... strange indeed.

or maybe they want us to believe that woodlegs will be reworked for dst, but they're secretley reworking another character.

maybe … maybe … maybe its warbucks!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

So was there nothing new hidden in the Salty Dog update? Other than the new fish haha

The Cookie Cutters, that’s what they’re called.. no idea why, I would’ve called them Boat Leaches or WaterTermites. (Water Mites for short) because they jump out the water land on your boat with their face and begin eating holes into it. Kinda scary actually..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The Cookie Cutters, that’s what they’re called.. no idea why, I would’ve called them Boat Leaches or WaterTermites. (Water Mites for short) because they jump out the water land on your boat with their face and begin eating holes into it. Kinda scary actually..

They are in the game.  Im talking about stuff that's just in the files.

2 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ok so some people speculate that Waverly will be the new character (cos Hallowed Nights and such).

If it won't be the unimplemented witch character, it's definitely Woodlegs.

No Joe said on discord it's a whole new character not from dlc or an unimplemented character!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

no idea why

It's a joke on the fact the boat looks like a giant floating cookie, and that they cut holes in them. I think it's cute.

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ok so some people speculate that Waverly will be the new character (cos Hallowed Nights and such).

If it won't be the unimplemented witch character, it's definitely Woodlegs.

It's not. JoeW came into the Discord and explained that it wasn't anyone we've seen or an unimplemented character.
It's entirely new, which is what's making me excited.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cuikui said:

Did we have some info about Gnarwail ?

There was characters quotes, tuning values and brain but everything has been removed.

Most likely going to be an upcoming creature or scrapped.

Same goes for the "Otters". 

• Like 2

There are a lot of things here that I’ve never seen in this game.. I’m assuming it was from old limited time events or unreleased upcoming content such as the Magma Biomes and the Warrior Pigs, and “Kelpy” a walking horrifying plant from my nightmares :(

i need this stuff in the game..

where is it?