Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

51 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

It's a critter, like the wargling, kitty kit, giblet, broodling, and glomglom. :wilson_goodjob:

I don't trust anything that has anything to do with the moon. I mean, I get that it's mechanically a critter, but lore-wise it's probably evil and it wants to mess us up.

But it's cute so my stupid human brain loves it anyways. Until it eats my soul or something.

Edited by The 2C3D
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

They likely didn't make it a critter for the same reason they didn't make a grass gekko critter. It would be adorable overload.

Except that Grass Gekkos serve a purpose, well, they eventually did. 

They screwed over your nicely planted grass field if you didn't dig them up and replant them every 60 days.

These doods just be chillin', poking at other chill doods, and just overall being chill, dood. They don't even hate Webber, and that's pretty cool.

Spoiler

[Potentially] Unpopular opinion: I'd rather have the saladmanders as a critter than the Lunar Moth. 

Also I just realized...what is Klei hiding? First the Carrats, and now the Fruit Dragons. What are they planning?

Are we going to be getting a whole slew of animals that look and are named after fruits? Or was the dev team just hungry during the conception meeting? :wilson_curious:

Spoiler

Also, you're probably wondering:

"watermelen, why are you calling them dragons when they're clearly just fruit lizards?"

fruit_dragon_ripe_attack_fire.png.42954778d3983bec40b632b70660d31c.png

Does this answer your question?

Okay the Carrat is low-key horrifying.

carrat_idle.png.183eec56b398e8f39fe1510d4062f71c.png

But how much fun do you think the artists had in making these abominations?

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Hide contents

Also, you're probably wondering:

"watermelen, why are you calling them dragons when they're clearly just fruit lizards?"

fruit_dragon_ripe_attack_fire.png.42954778d3983bec40b632b70660d31c.png

Does this answer your question?

Ha! Thank you for this. This is explains why my base caught fire in the middle of winter!

One of these guys ripened to this red stage because I put a bath bomb into the hot spring it called home, then normal and blue hounds went after him. I was off screen for a second, then the next thing I know, that part of my base was on fire.

• Like 5

Just now, Squats said:

Ha! Thank you for this. This is explains why my base caught fire in the middle of winter!

One of these guys ripened to this red stage because I put a bath bomb into the hot spring it called home, then normal and blue hounds went after him. I was off screen for a second, then the next thing I know, that part of my base was on fire.

Wait a minute...that's how that works???

26 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

[Potentially] Unpopular opinion: I'd rather have the saladmanders as a critter than the Lunar Moth. 

Why not both?  :)

Also I just realized...what is Klei hiding? First the Carrats, and now the Fruit Dragons. What are they planning?

Are we going to be getting a whole slew of animals that look and are named after fruits? Or was the dev team just hungry during the conception meeting? 

Well, the game _is_ called Don't STARVE...

Okay the Carrat is low-key horrifying.

carrat_idle.png.183eec56b398e8f39fe1510d4062f71c.png

But how much fun do you think the artists had in making these abominations?

Nah, the carrat doesn't bother me at all.  Fun pun, weirdly adorable (emphasis on the "weird" part).  The animation makes it, I think.

Now, the zombie encrystaled pengulls and ESPECIALLY the j[awokeprkl;wseor0q34ioepawkoe4fl;ek side-mouth hounds?  Yeah, I'll just be over here washing out my eyes, brain and SOUL with bleach.  Don't mind me.

(I'm not even kidding--even after seeing it several times, I STILL kinda feel like I'm gonna throw up when I look at those things.  I wish I didn't, but I do.  :()

On a lighter note, it was mentioned in another thread here that the mothling apparently...actually does something?  Do enlighten us, O Dataminer!

...Notorious

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Wait a minute...that's how that works???

Yeah, I found that throwing a bath bomb into a hot spring will make it glow at night. (And possibly warmer than an unaltered hot spring?) A saladmander that hangs out at that hot spring long enough will morph into their red form. I was able to push a sleeping green one next to the spring and watch it transform after a little bit.

Screen Shot 05-17-19 at 11.21 AM 004.PNG

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

On a lighter note, it was mentioned in another thread here that the mothling apparently...actually does something?  Do enlighten us, O Dataminer!

It's a light source. 

So basically an immortal hutch with a lightbulb.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Are flower salads still summer exclusive though?

Yup, so you're essentially forced to wait until late game to get it, even if you rush your enlightenment.

Wait a minute...enLIGHTenment.

Gash heckin' sammit, they did it again! :wilson_facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, NorthicaN said:

So the island make literally stuff alive when dead or some fruits and vegetables.

Wait a minute...so that's how THEY return.

Also it's weird that THEY don't appear on the island, like, at all. Even wearing the bone helm doesn't make them spawn. And Maxwell says whatever magic is running the island, it definitely ain't shadow magic.

So are we now getting an antithesis of THEM? Insanity and Enlightenment. Shadow magic and Moon magic. THEM and ANTI-THEM, which is basically everyone else. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 8

Random observations/tidbits that I didn't know where to put:

The lizards appear to be attracted to thermal stones.  While playing around on the moon island, I made a thermal stone to show my friend the crystal skin and he picked it up and started walking around, and lizards started following him (and fighting each other if they got too close to each other.).  We played with/tested this for a while to make sure it was the thermal stone doing it.

I think I saw a red lizard revert back to green near an endo firepit but I haven't tested it a lot.

If you use gunpowder to blow up a starfish (might also work with exploding slime, idk), you can pick it up and set it wherever you'd like.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miss Maya said:

If you use gunpowder to blow up a starfish (might also work with exploding slime, idk), you can pick it up and set it wherever you'd like.

You can also "kite"/trick them into missing their bite, or just having them bite something so you can shovel them.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

That's like what? 3 Stone Hatches?

Edit: It's actually 4.5 Stone Hatches. :wilson_nerdy:

image.png.9c280bbf9e11ba1b804edc51334a9e1a.pngimage.png.599aba1da99391e9b600b3a981f23f35.png

Okay, when even WEBBER and his symbiotic spider think that they look weird and unfriendly, it's time to pack up and get out of dodge.

actually, Webber is speaking in the singular here, and when he's referring to both him and the spider, he always uses plural (IE "That jerk tricked us)

though whether it's the webber or the spider that's talking there... it remains to be seen.

• Like 8