Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Oh I KNOW what to do!

Make a low budget voreson image #3

Hide contents

~~Snip away the curse~~

I'll do you one better

Spoiler

5d59e3f0022aa_vietnambeaver.png.a62e6f8db06fce68f795d2f6e1979426.png

Spoiler

also, a word of advice

Spoiler

If your circle of friends starts to primarily consist of a history nerd and a Cynical german, GET OUT. Otherwise you'll end up making Manure like that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 8/17/2019 at 10:02 AM, watermelen671 said:

werebeaver_boat_jump.png.3304cd0ea78461ba0b0ab53ee5d76e60.pngwerebeaver_boat_sink.png.597ff0a0857b1578f5d2c483119ed5c2.pngwerebeaver_boat_plank.thumb.png.94dc42e6fa131a93082ff6e6a6be3603.png

Reveal hidden contents

werebeaver_boat_sink_070.png.1b1fd3dfc762ab34169708acea460e52.png

@minespatch you know what do. :wilson_sneaky:

Now time to see if the dab animation works on the werebeaver. :wilson_curious:

I really really want to know where the 4th image in the spoiler box comes from, but none of the sprites are working.

image.png.210d2a8b136abcc6089a58b3887adbff.png

This makes me super duper puper sad

4 minutes ago, maradyne said:

apng format was a mistake

angerysipp.png.bad7b6ae3b0fc354ce1e206964892fd1.png

It's the cleanest format with the most support. GIF doesn't support gradient transparency, it also has weird aliasing after-effects which make the image look rough and low-quality. 

In addition to that APNG is the only other animated format that will play in the forums, only APNG and GIF are supported AFAIK.

Spoiler

Would you rather me post in WebP or FLIF? Because support for those two is markedly less than APNG, both in terms of browsers and the Klei forums.

Just use this if you're so ornery about it. I only post in GIF when I'm too lazy to actually give clean refs. :wilson_unimpressed:

It was a joke about the sheer mass of formats that have popped up over the years, all with different requirements and rarely all supported by the same software.

Oddly enough, none of the animated png files work correctly on the forums, but they do when opened by themselves within the same browser. Similar used to happen years ago when people would change .gifs to .png format to get around Facebook's upload filters.

Edited by maradyne
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The 2C3D said:

Just post every individual frame as an uncompressed bitmap and ask everyone to click/tap through them really quickly.

Having done this/seen this done at a time makes me feel old.
...I still sometimes play a game where .bmp is the default/only option for screenshots.

Edited by maradyne

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

When did they change the Mutated Pengull's eyelid from pink to grey?

There was a small update a long time ago that removed the colors from the Horror Mobs.

Hounds went from a naked pink to a dull zombie-ish grey. As did Pengulls, they removed the bloody eye colors.
It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, however.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, -Variant said:

There was a small update a long time ago that removed the colors from the Horror Mobs.

Hounds went from a naked pink to a dull zombie-ish grey. As did Pengulls, they removed the bloody eye colors.
It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, however.

Pansies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

I don’t think this has been answered yet, but there’s two statues you can make that aren’t on the wiki that were mentioned earlier. Are these unimplemented, or are they in the game? If so, how are the sketches obtained?

902734AF-F1B0-41B9-A612-63E1E042675F.jpeg

Edited by Sub Maxwell
Typo
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sub Maxwell said:

I don’t think this has been answered yet, but there’s two statues you can make that aren’t on the wiki that were mentioned earlier. Are these unimplemented, or are they in the game? If so, how are the sketches obtained?

902734AF-F1B0-41B9-A612-63E1E042675F.jpeg

They are statues exclusive to the Year of the Varg event. You get the sketch via the shrine in the event.

Edited by Warlockadamm
  • Like 4