Upcoming Content Beta and Roadmap Update

50 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Well, ds/dst is based on Lovecraft partially, and sometimes in the novels he used a bit of "psychological horror".

True, but the psychology aspect kind of fell by the wayside a long time ago. When people use it now, it’s usually for those situations when the whole experience of something is greater than the sum of its individual parts. Maybe it’s an inside joke or something?

Just now, hl3bekliyenadam said:

OOOOOOHHHHHH MMMMYYYYYYY GOOOOOOODDDD

that was your 100th post welcome to Member status

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I can't wait for the "moon" to absolutely destroy us with terrifying waves.

i hope that the waves found in the files don't make it in the boats are too large and slow to navigate them like in shipwrecked

i like how we can just leave boats anchored and make practically indestructible bridges i don't want to do maintenance on those repeatedly

3 hours ago, shyguy1824 said:

arrright mateys, i have but one request for this update: have the pigs jump on boats (the pig teleported on because i got super far away) and if they could have some special lines when on boats that'd be nice

also here's a photo of my crew:E3A27C04FBF7E5E0E45C2092EACAE3F95D69A248

Waiting for the full moon :popcorn:

4 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

Does this make Hamlet and SW canon? I think so

Don't know, but since i play hamlet, i  really think SW and hamlet was made to test some stuff and mechanic for dst, i'm sure we will see personnal house come in dst soon

1 minute ago, Wilson_pl said:

lunacy_banner_lighter.PNG.dab696b70bbb47

This in fact looked for me like a higher stage of insanity...

Hide contents

God damn creepy.

Or a new stage like full moon, a eclipse maybe (something like aporkcalypse)

7 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

I wonder what Woodie will have to say about Wormwood and vice versa.

I imagine it's like that joke from old cartoons, where two characters become stranded somewhere, and one grows hungry and starts seeing the other as a giant steak or something like that.

Idk where I should post my suggestiong for webber's refresh but I'll put it here it would be nice I'd he could gain easier access to woarrior spider other then attacking a spider and then getting ambushed,the possibility of sleeping inside the spider den,having his own special den that doesn't turn into a spider queen when at tier3 he could sleep inside of that den, and possibly some way to use the spider queen like you would a beefalo or soemthing like that 

12 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

I'm wondering what Charlie's plan is even more now.

Make sure to tell Charlie when you find out! Really though, I'm less and less sure that she actually knows what she's doing xD

9 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

Looking at Wormy and Warly's promo pics, it looks like they are in Hamlet's jungle. Maybe something in Hamlet brings them to DST?

So...Imma bring up that Gorge thing again.
Mumsy mentions that someone else had been through the Gateway before, and the Gorge would have been a perfect way for Maxwell/another to lure Warly in. 'Hey, let me bring you to this secret plane of existence where your culinary skills will be valued beyond compare!' If this were the case, he'd have a little experience with the Gateways.
...combine the resulting realization with the concept that Merms peaced the heck out of the Bog and swam off into the ocean, providing inspiration for someone way out of their depth to follow suit, swim for safety away from the Maw and end up in, say, an island chain.
And all the ruins in Hamlet where another Gateway could easily be mixed in out of sight. Heck, the Aporkalypse calendar could be an inactive portal for all we know, if it operates similarly to the one in the Gorge.

Just wanted to point out that yea, there's reason to believe that Warly's had some adventures and him and Wormwood both suddenly ending up in DST makes this plausible.

...on that note, Wormwood's gem is getting some focus in their poster.
I'm renewed in my belief that most gems we encounter have been affected by Nightmare Fuel by the Ancients' folly, but Wormwood's is either a pure gem, or imbued with 'light' instead of 'dark'. Given that coins similar to the Iridescent Gem are used to power up the Gorge gateway, Wormwood's gem may be able to achieve the same.

8 hours ago, Jynn said:

I hope Wormwood gets a skin that makes him look like his unused more neutral colored art

download (1).jpg

This. The early concept skin makes them look more fitting for the standard Constant, while their final skin looks more like Hamlet.

5 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

“Gestalt” is commonly used in English in the sense Bluegeist refers to, and not really in any other sense. It’s a type of psychology that was popular in the 1960s, and then the word moved into conversational English to mean an entire system or perception. It’s pretty weird to see it in DST!

It's popped up again in recent times. First thing I think of is the Geth Gestalt Consciousness, as, uh, someone in one of the Mass Effect games put it. Maybe it was that part in ME3 where you go through the totally safe process of plugging your brain into a robotic hive mind that was recently given a mind control virus by ancient evil gigadeath murder engines.

4 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i hope that the waves found in the files don't make it in the boats are too large and slow to navigate them like in shipwrecked

i like how we can just leave boats anchored and make practically indestructible bridges i don't want to do maintenance on those repeatedly

Hm...
Maybe we'll see some of the lesser boats added in as time goes on, while these remain as a more expensive 'floating fortress' option mostly immune to tidal forces.

8 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

Yes thank you for this, Boats look cool feature and the moon island.

. . .

Now that you mention 'island', I wonder if what we're looking at is just another fallen chunk of moon-rock, while the actual """"MOON"""" is somewhere we'll venture later by portal. I mean...
The Ancient Key looks like a black gem. I've thought this ever since Metheus...
What happens when we use a white gem?

h y p e

2 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

So...Imma bring up that Gorge thing again.
Mumsy mentions that someone else had been through the portal before, and the Gorge would have been a perfect way to lure Warly in. 'Hey, let me bring you to this secret plane of existence where your culinary skills will be valued beyond compare!' If this were the case, he'd have a little experience with the portals.
...combine the resulting realization with the concept that Merms peaced the heck out of the Bog and swam off into the ocean, providing inspiration for someone way out of their depth to follow suit and end up in, say, an island chain.
And all the ruins in Hamlet where another portal could easily be mixed in out of sight. Heck, the Aporkalypse calendar could be an inactive portal for all we know.

Good observation, you're close to some "things" actually.

Archived