Upcoming Content Beta and Roadmap Update

• Developer

Hey folks!

With the Willow refresh newly launched, it’s time for the next phase: new game content! I’d like to update you all on our current plan. 

Return of Them
Over the next several months, we’ll be releasing a series of game updates available to all players, under the single thematic focus entitled “Return of Them”.

Charlie’s machinations have come to a head as she turns her attention towards the skies - and the mysterious entity that awaits there. Our Survivors will be forced to contend with terrifying monstrosities beyond their comprehension, and yet, there may be a silver lining: their minds and horizons will be expanded under the sublime light of an ancient moon.

lunacy_banner_lighter.PNG

Here is an overview of what is available in our first update, Turn of Tides:

• Added a new multiplayer-centric boat mechanic, where players can build and deck out a boat for multiple survivors to travel together on
  • Added a new Seafaring crafting menu
  • Added the Lunar Island
  • Added Enlightenment
  • Added 3 new Lunar Island biomes, along with new creatures, objects, and craftables

For this first update, we’ve focused primarily on building the fundamental tech and infrastructure for Return of Them. Please know that we expect this update to be a bit content light, and over the following months we will be adding more content to both the islands and the sea.

Turn of Tides is available to play in a beta branch today, and will officially launch on June 20th. Head here for more info. 

To access the beta see the instructions here. 

Wormwood

In addition to new content, we are preparing for the arrival of the next new character. We’re happy to announce that Wormwood will soon enter the fray, fresh from his adventures in Don't Starve: Hamlet!

dst_wormwood.png

Wormwood is coming to Don’t Starve Together on June 6th, and will be priced similarly to Wortox. In addition, anyone who owns Don’t Starve: Hamlet will have access to Wormwood for free.

Warly 
For the next character refresh, Warly will be sailing into the Constant from Shipwrecked on July 18th, and will be free to all players of Don’t Starve Together.

dst_warly.png

As with all character updates, Warly will be getting a design refresh and come with new abilities specific to Don’t Starve Together.

And that’s it! Onward and seaward!

F.A.Q.

What about console?
Since console does not have beta branch functionality, consoles will be getting Turn of Tides at the official launch in June.

When is my favorite character getting a refresh?
We will announce more characters refreshes as we get to them. If you have suggestions and feedback make sure to post them. We are watching and we do use that information to help us decide what we want to do next. 

Will my existing worlds be affected if I switch to the beta branch?
No. Save data for the beta branch is kept separate from the live branch at: \\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta

Will my existing worlds work in the beta branch if I copy them over?
Not at this time. For future updates, we will look into the possibility of retrofitting the new content into existing DST worlds, as we did for the A New Reign updates.

Archived