How to Opt-In to the Beta Branch for Don't Starve Together

1 hour ago, Prinzessinkira said:

how do i place a boat on the water? for some reason it wont let me place it

Hold it and drag it out to the ocean, you've got to place it fairly far, and then right click.

They're large and can't be too close to the borders.

Not really sure where to put this, since I'm not exactly sure it's a bug, but...

Is Wortox meant to get souls from Mutated Hounds? Since he gets a soul the first time from killing the hound.

Otherwise those are some curious implications.

• Like 1

Well, seems not too bad so far. /rescue no longer works which is a real shame and requires me to use admin commands to get back on the land. Our mods were uninstalled, our skins needed to be re-equiped in game, and our world are gone. Though this was probably intentional right?

Special commands also don't work, such as LongUpdate(1000) for example. I like the idea that sinkholes are wormholes when caves are disabled. 

Also, are boats meant to be implemented? Like actual boats? Otherwise how do we use the base boats thing? I can't find it in the crafting menu either.

Edited by Gabriel Water

Server crashed twice cos of:

[00:06:00]: [string "scripts/prefabs/rock_avocado_bush.lua"]:159: variable 'worker' is not declared
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
=[C]:-1 in (global) error (C) <-1--1>
scripts/strict.lua:23 in () ? (Lua) <21-26>

Full error log here.

For some reason we can't reset hound tooth traps and we have to pick them and replant to set them. Boat fixing is not working as well (dedicated server).

Edited by cezarica

glommer statue is spawning in too close to the edges. this happened twice so far

unknown 2.png

unknown.png

another is that too, wormholes are to close so character are end up walking on water.

5ce23ff30482a_unknown3.png.fbaabcb66431c1b07cb8c0a9a96f724e.png

is this is happening to anyone; you can usually walk back into the wormhole then change the position where your characters facing (where their gonna jump out) in order for this to not happen.

also i don't know if this is a bug but ill put it here anyways. cave gen is a bit iffy. ruin biomes are not neighboring anymore.

20190520024724_1.thumb.jpg.126bdecb653c023d38200627a53e5b45.jpg

so if your looking for a particular biome you may need to check the other side of the map. i got lucky and had lobsters nearby the sacred and village.

Edited by WheatyCat13
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Can live without the flute as there other ways to get one, but without Glommer statue .. boy that sure sucks. :|

Not being able to reset traps is the most annoying thing right now. Disabled all mods and nothing.. just doesn't reset them.

Been waiting for this, it’s amazing!   Playing for a few years and was so bored, this is perfect.    Now teams can split into land and sea.

Would love to see more boats, sail types, wind like sw, light buoys, ability to build sea walls etc.

one bug, boats can’t be repaired 

The boats are a little glitchy, but this update is really fun so far! i have a suggestion, if this isn't already planned, we should be able to expand boats! and maybe even on one of the expansions we can put a small grassy area/garden for bushes, trees, etc, it would be very useful for people living on boats.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 2:57 PM, Bluepugjr said:

Dumb question, but is there any way to get involved with beta if you’re a console player(I play on Xbox) it is it a pc exclusive until it’s official release?

Yup its what the Dev said on the main post for the new update ! To be honest i dont mind not being able to play the beta on console if it means we have a descent version of this update with fewer bug then in beta.

10 hours ago, Mack2kir said:

Strange update, someone has a new tab icon, someone does not (me).
My friend can repair the boat with simple boards, I can't ...

Fix pls :(

That HUD is a mod.

Are you using any mods? Certain ones are prone to making repair not work.

12 hours ago, Mack2kir said:

Strange update, someone has a new tab icon, someone does not (me).
My friend can repair the boat with simple boards, I can't ...

Fix pls :(

Screenshot_1.png

This isn't new, this isn't even Klei's.

This is a mod, and mods break icons when new ones are added, that is probably why it's blank.