Hamlet Disappointment

Wazzup76

15 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Wormwood didn't replace Warbucks though? Wheeler was made to fit in with the adventure theme.

[Game Update] - 307715

Release Date: 02/07/2019

Update Information:

The Character Update is now live! This update focuses on making our new Hamlet characters more interesting for you to play, particularly when playing outside of the Hamlet world.

Wilba has inherited one of her father's more colourful characteristics, namely, she now carries the same curse that inflicts all of her father's family with dreaded werepigism. Also, all of pigkind from Hamlet's town pigs to those of ROG will now recognize her as the king's daughter, and pay her tribute in the form of gifts.

We weren't very happy with how Warbucks was working out. While trying to find ways to make him work, we decided that he just wasn't as interesting as we would like, and so we've made the decision to start from scratch. You can still continue your Warbucks saves as his files will not be removed from the game, but he will no longer be in the official lineup of starting characters. 

Instead, we would like to introduce to you our new character, Wormwood! Who knows where this creature of nature came from, but he'll likely grow on you.

Wheeler came with Wagstaff in the beta.

I think Wormwood was already in the works, and they simply withdrew Warbucks at the same time, hoping to minimize the tantruming about it with the distraction of a new character. Wheeler is the rework of Warbucks, with similar “adventurer” qualities, a ranged weapon and special searching device.

On 20.05.2019 at 9:56 AM, 4 Da LOLs said:

sorry but could you elaborate on this i don't know what you were trying to convey

The farming mechanic of shipwrecked was pretty different and game gives you so much thing to do! But it's not same for hamlet. You can make a city and decorate your home. It's all thing the DLC gives us. Every temple is same decorated and same logic. The game boring me so fast. Maybe it's not same for you but my opinion for the game is that. The game only have 1-2 hours life.

9 hours ago, Slagger said:

The farming mechanic of shipwrecked was pretty different and game gives you so much thing to do! But it's not same for hamlet. You can make a city and decorate your home. It's all thing the DLC gives us. Every temple is same decorated and same logic. The game boring me so fast. Maybe it's not same for you but my opinion for the game is that. The game only have 1-2 hours life.

thanks much I agree greatly

While this may go against my own self-interest, I wonder if Klei would charge more for Hamlet, they would have more incentive/time/resources to complete the DLC and take it out of Early Access.  While I appreciate Klei's efforts to make the game affordable, is this lack of return inhibiting their ability to utilize time and resources to finish the game?  

On 26/5/2019 at 4:05 PM, ucw said:

I wonder if Klei would charge more for Hamlet, they would have more incentive/time/resources to complete the DLC and take it out of Early Access.

exactly. i was so disappointed when they gave it for free to like a huge number of the player base. i wanna see a 20€ or whatever DS dlc with every single detail worked out. its such a disservice to the amazing universe they have created and all the interesting mechanics etc to leave things on the surface level. like how insane is it that u cannot scuba dive in the water in Shipwrecked? ... 

9 hours ago, Ohan said:

like how insane is it that u cannot scuba dive in the water in Shipwrecked? ... 

...Insane? I don't think going underwater in SW would make sense, and I don't really understand why people act like it's this obvious thing that needed to happen. SW is a tropical, pirate-themed expansion, not just "WATER". The volcano makes much more thematic sense as the cave-styled layer.

Archived