Can't Link Twitch Account

I noticed that someone else had this problem of not being able to unlink their Twitch account but I'm not sure it was resolved or not so here I am creating a thread for it. So I'm trying to link my new Twitch account to Klei so I could receive the new skin drop. I previously linked it to my old Twitch but I no longer have access to that account. Now it says I don't have a Twitch account currently linked to Klei so I tried to connect my new one and received an error stating this:

"Apparently you have already connected your game ID with another Twitch account. Open a new session in your web browser (using “Incognito” or “Private” mode, for example) and log in with the secondary Twitch account, visit the “Settings” page, then “Connections”, then disconnect the “Klei Entertainment” application. Finally, return to this page and try to connect your Twitch account again."

If my old Twitch was still connected, I should be given the option to remove it from Klei but that's not the case. Now I'm stuck. I sent an email to support but still haven't received a response yet. I don't want to miss out on these skins because of an error. What's weird is that Klei Entertainment is listed under Connections on my new Twitch account but I'm not really connected? I believe I've done all I can on my part. I double-checked that my steam ID was correct, as well as my Klei user ID. If anyone else can help, I'd really appreciate it. 

I have the same problem. But my old account has been stolen and twitch support do not respond. I even linked my klei account to that chinese streaming portal, but I can't recive those drops from that website too :(.

• Developer

Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating in our Twitch Drops campaign.

I want to help you resolve this problem as soon as possible so you can get the new skin drop.

I previously linked it to my old Twitch but I no longer have access to that account

Do you mind telling me why you don’t have access to your old Twitch account anymore? There are several things in Twitch’s system that affect the linking when the account has been banned, marked for deletion, put in quarantine, or compromised. Moreover, each case requires different steps to resolve the problem.

Now it says I don’t have a Twitch account currently linked to Klei […]

To be clear, when you click the button to remove the link, what happens is that Klei Accounts (the website) connects with a system controlled by Twitch, and requests the deletion of the connection on your behave. The deletion is not immediate, it takes a few minutes, and the update needs to be synchronized all Twitch infrastructure. Klei doesn’t have the permissions to delete the connection, Twitch does.

If my old Twitch was still connected, I should be given the option to remove it from Klei but that’s not the case.

I understand, and what you say makes sense. Unfortunately, we can only give you this option if Twitch allows us. If something breaks during the data synchronization, Klei Accounts (the website) loses the key that allows us to communicate with Twitch on your behalf.

• If your Twitch account was banned, Klei loses access to your account
  • If your Twitch account is marked for deletion, Klei loses access to your account
  • If your Twitch account is in quarantine, Klei loses access to your account
  • If Twitch changes something in their system that affects the connection, Klei loses access to your account

As you can see, it is not entirely within our power keep or delete the connection with Twitch. All the cases I have handled related to linking a Klei Account with a Twitch Account, fall in one of the four scenarios above. If your case is different, please tell me what happened with your old Twitch account, and then I will contact Twitch to see if there’s anything we can do to help you.

Regards.

14 minutes ago, YormanA said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating in our Twitch Drops campaign.

I want to help you resolve this problem as soon as possible so you can get the new skin drop.

I previously linked it to my old Twitch but I no longer have access to that account

Do you mind telling me why you don’t have access to your old Twitch account anymore? There are several things in Twitch’s system that affect the linking when the account has been banned, marked for deletion, put in quarantine, or compromised. Moreover, each case requires different steps to resolve the problem.

Now it says I don’t have a Twitch account currently linked to Klei […]

To be clear, when you click the button to remove the link, what happens is that Klei Accounts (the website) connects with a system controlled by Twitch, and requests the deletion of the connection on your behave. The deletion is not immediate, it takes a few minutes, and the update needs to be synchronized all Twitch infrastructure. Klei doesn’t have the permissions to delete the connection, Twitch does.

If my old Twitch was still connected, I should be given the option to remove it from Klei but that’s not the case.

I understand, and what you say makes sense. Unfortunately, we can only give you this option if Twitch allows us. If something breaks during the data synchronization, Klei Accounts (the website) loses the key that allows us to communicate with Twitch on your behalf.

• If your Twitch account was banned, Klei loses access to your account
  • If your Twitch account is marked for deletion, Klei loses access to your account
  • If your Twitch account is in quarantine, Klei loses access to your account
  • If Twitch changes something in their system that affects the connection, Klei loses access to your account

As you can see, it is not entirely within our power keep or delete the connection with Twitch. All the cases I have handled related to linking a Klei Account with a Twitch Account, fall in one of the four scenarios above. If your case is different, please tell me what happened with your old Twitch account, and then I will contact Twitch to see if there’s anything we can do to help you.

Regards.

Hello. Thank you so much for your quick response. As to why I no longer have access to my Twitch account, it was hacked.  I sent an email to Twitch over a month ago (April 4th to be exact) and still have not received a response. I figured I’d create a new account in the meantime as I’ve been told they take a very long time to respond. I understand some things may be out of your control but I thought I might ask and see if there was a possibility. I believe I won’t get my Twitch account back for a while or ever. I don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to get these Twitch skins so I’d really appreciate the help if any.

• Developer

We will contact Twitch's development team again and see if they can offer us a way to force unlink accounts. As Yorman said, right now there's nothing we can do which is very frustrating for us when we can't help users like you.

• Developer

Well, I got a response pretty quick. Not sure that it's good advice though:

> For compromised accounts, the best way forward would be to have the user get their account deleted. I have asked for a feature request to let you update existing links and I'll keep you posted on any updates.

I had the same error with hacked account, but when I created another account with the same email, that for some reason Twitch allows, was there to unlink the account, now I created an account with another email and I placed the double validation not to happen anymore, but when I try to link with this new account happens another type of error that I have no idea how to proceed, I waited 2 days thinking that it would disappear and did not happen. (Google Translate)

https://imgur.com/S0PHyuj

I was actually able to link my Twitch all of a sudden. I'm not sure exactly what happened, if it was on Klei's or Twitch's end but I'm happy I was able to get it resolved. Unfortunately there are still others with this problem. Hopefully what happened to me can be done for them. 

Archived