Steam Alpha Testing!

JoeW

AWESOME! I go away for like a week and you guys release the Steam version while I'm away! Full screen DS!! :D

Only qualm I have so far is that full screen mode doesn't seem to want to give up screen dominance, even when I alt-tab. Other than that, I'm happy as a clam. Renewed interest, even (despite having to boot Windoze to play it).

What do you mean by screen dominance? You can't [ALT]+[TAB] out of the game?

That's more or less what I mean, Excess. If I alt-tab, my taskbar appears at the bottom (the game does not go away). If I click on something else - say Chrome, for example - the taskbar just goes away and I'm still in DS. I'm running it on Win 8 if that makes any difference.

Either way, it's only a minor nuisance. I'm loving true full screen :)

• Developer

Technically speaking, if you grab your save files from

filesystem:http://dontstarve-release.appspot.com/persistent/

And then put steam into offline mode, and then copy over your steam save files in the steamcloud directory, and then go online, and accept the 'local' files when the steamcloud conflict dialog pops up, you can import your save...

...I think.

• Like 1

Loving the game. Stylish, original, can't stop playing. However is anyone else experience really slow game play with the steam client? Like Wilson running through syrup slow? Running it on a laptop that I play Diablo 3 on with no worries. Just wondering. Thanks.

I still have a problem similar to this with the new update (It was there from Steam beta launch).

A.) Win7/Intel Core i3 530 @ 2933 MHz/IntelĀ® HD Graphics

B.) Ran as smooth as it can be.

C&D.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Ar91GH3KI

Edited by Deviched