What would be your ideal new content?

10 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Lasers! There is this one dupe that wants to use them to blow up the colony!

As someone who has suggested a big friggin laser before, I approve of this message.
(granted, mine was for unlimited pinpoint heating though)

11 hours ago, goboking said:

As cool as it would be to meet other colonies of dupes once we start exploring space, I don't know that that's in line with the vision the developers have for the game.

I was meaning not other colonies, but something other completely. Like critters, only civilizations. And not trading like "I have extra water and you have extra chlorine", something unique that involves building around. Like they breath CO2 or need higher or lower temp to stay alive, and you build something to help them, and in turn they are able to build some things you can't build - so you prepare the structure and mark missing parts for them. Something along the lines of those quests in games, where you do a lot of stuff and then some druid finally comes with a stick and inserts that stick into a structure you spent last couple of hours restoring otherwise, and then a door opens. Only in ONI world and mechanics.

1. Introduce a system to spend points on attributes, traits and interests for the starting Dupes. I'm sick of randomly shuffling through each Dupe for minutes until a reasonable combination pops up.

2. Be able to deconstruct EVERYTHING besides neutronium. I'm looking at you random lamp in the ruins.

3. A blueprint tool that lets you copy and paste structures. Building the same SPOM over and over again for each colony is not very exciting.

4. A sequential build command tool that doesn't mess with priorities. If you want something dug out, built or deconstructed, you can mark what should go first and only once that is completed the next order will be carried out. It's just annoying to rescue Dupes that have built themselves in because a tile was constructed before the digging was finished. If you ever ordered a complex build at once you likely know how badly the Dupes can screw it up.

2 hours ago, Lacost said:

1. Introduce a system to spend points on attributes, traits and interests for the starting Dupes. I'm sick of randomly shuffling through each Dupe for minutes until a reasonable combination pops up.

2. Be able to deconstruct EVERYTHING besides neutronium. I'm looking at you random lamp in the ruins.

3. A blueprint tool that lets you copy and paste structures. Building the same SPOM over and over again for each colony is not very exciting.

4. A sequential build command tool that doesn't mess with priorities. If you want something dug out, built or deconstructed, you can mark what should go first and only once that is completed the next order will be carried out. It's just annoying to rescue Dupes that have built themselves in because a tile was constructed before the digging was finished. If you ever ordered a complex build at once you likely know how badly the Dupes can screw it up.

prepare carefully mod please! (rimworld reference)
EiAC6MJ.gif.96be3ee8974bf94d955cefba6c8e

9 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

A player controllable ON/OFF switch, rather than the crap dupe controlled switch.

the player doesn't control anything in this game, the dupes do it for the player. (the player can only control the dupes, nothing else).

Just now, metallichydra said:

the player doesn't control anything in this game, the dupes do it for the player. (the player can only control the dupes, nothing else).

WRONG.

So, you've never set a sensor to switch something on or off?

Just now, metallichydra said:

Yet I'm here attaching an atmo sensor to everything I want to be automated to instantly switch it on or off. I'm directly controlling these kind of contrabtions without any Dupe interaction.

.... wait... I'm I a Dupe now? Am I controlled by a player? No.... I'm too intelligent to be a Dupe! *nervously sips on the tea cup*

Just now, Lacost said:

Yet I'm here attaching an atmo sensor to everything I want to be automated to instantly switch it on or off. I'm directly controlling these kind of contrabtions without any Dupe interaction.

.... wait... I'm I a Dupe now? Am I controlled by a player? No.... I'm too intelligent to be a Dupe! *nervously sips on the tea cup*

After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take thered pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth.

10 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

A player controllable ON/OFF switch, rather than the crap dupe controlled switch.

2 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

WRONG.

So, you've never set a sensor to switch something on or off?

would it be possible to make a switch out of batteries, sensors or something like that?

13 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

would it be possible to make a switch out of batteries, sensors or something like that?

I don't know what you are asking here, I've already pointed out that the player controls many things, including sensors, which apart from using them for sensing stuff and switching power of systems on off, are also used by players to manually switch stuff on or off, which could be achieved by using a normal on/off switch, but KLEI made switches contrived and we can't do this, and that's what I'm asking for; switches to be player controlled, instead of having to resort to using sensors to manually switch stuff on or off in place of switches.

Anyway, back to topic, other suggestions for new content please.

Lots of good stuff here. 

Does anyone else ever want priorities for food? Or maybe it’s just me. I want to be able to have some dupes eat all the mushrooms until they run out, if they do then they can eat the omelette. Or say a high moral dup eat bbq first then stuffed berries. 

new building to stop CPU calculating  stuff.filler up all unused space seem to help up wood PC user(me).but removing them for new project is a pain....a simple way to help fill in the void (and stop calcualting temp exchange gas exchange etc)and deconstruct later would be helpful.

10 hours ago, anhviethoachu said:

I'd love to see that AETN will have some RNG in it. Some can delete more heat than the others.

I rather we got more type of AETN....RNG like geyser mean we going to more picky with map seed.
like AETN normal version:normal like we have now,
AETN O2 +H2 version:remove heat and give out small amount of snow(we cannot make snow atm,maybe we can make snowman with this).
AETN energy version:consume energy and heat but give out some element i.e H2 or CO2
AETN steel version. give out a lot of heat around it.....eat liquid H2 basically a heat machine until you melt it...

another thing i want to add....orange pacu eat meat and blue pacu give something when turning PH2o to O2

Trade and invaders.

More mid and late game challenges. In the game Rimworld, new challenges are created by a storyteller that can make bad things happen. The storyteller looks how well the player is doing and will adjust accordingly.

16 minutes ago, kerosene said:

In the game Rimworld, new challenges are created by a storyteller that can make bad things happen.

Not all random events are bad. Falling chunks of spacecraft is only bad if you are hit directly. If not then it's a good event because it's full of valuable components and metals. There are also random events, which just boosts morale for as long as they last, something which is rarely a bad thing. It does however affect raiders too meaning you will have a harder time causing raiders to flee in panic due to low morale.

I do like the idea of some random events though. It would be nice to have something, which works towards not making each game a repeat of the last one. The question is what could it be. It would have to be powerful enough to affect the game, but at the same time not make it annoying. I have to admit I can't think of any good specific random events right now, which would match that.

Archived