[Game Update] - 333702

Jason

On 5/14/2019 at 11:55 AM, Jason said:

Hail Survivors, Don’t Starve: Hamlet has come out of Early Access! 

image (7).png

A great big thank you to everyone who participated during our Early Access period. The Don’t Starve community is one of the best to interact with, so full of passion and enthusiasm for all things in the Constant. We have thoroughly enjoyed the journey with you, dropping Wilson and his friends into this world of civilized pigs and dangerous jungles.

As we come out of Early Access, all of the features tested in the beta branch will of course go live for everybody, including player craftable doors, the new Ancient Hulk giant, Wheeler and Wagstaff. The beta branch will still be accessible for a while, but we won’t be updating it anymore.

As a special thank you to all of the Don’t Starve players and fans, Wagstaff has been made available to everyone who has the base game and is not exclusive to the Hamlet DLC.

wagstaff_rev1.png

Now that early access has finished, there is no schedule for new features to Hamlet, but we will still be putting out updates of bug fixes as we have them. After you have mastered the mountain top plateau, if you are looking for further Don’t Starve challenges, please check in with Don’t Starve Together as there are some old faces being re-made as well some altogether new ones showing up. 

Patch Notes: 333702

New Features:

• Wheeler added to Hamlet DLC.
  • Ancient Hulk added to Hamlet DLC.
  • New rooms and doors added to the renovation crafting tab.
  • Wagstaff added to all versions.

Bug Fixes:

• Wagstaff doesn't announce when another creature puts on one of his goggles
  • Don't activate the color change when another creature puts on the Fryfocals
  • Disable map when Living Artifact is active
  • Fixed a crash when playing adventure mode as Wagstaff and reaching the final chapter
  • Fixed player telelocating into interiors.
  • Fixed Depth Worm inspect quotes
  • Fixed issue in interiors that could result in two rooms occupying the same location*
  • Wheeler will no longer get stuck in God Mode after Dodging
  • Fixed a crash when players click an empty Trusty Shooter slot
  • Miscellaneous tunings on the Aporkalypse

*The bugfix in the player interiors needed a fixup that in case of detected errors will relocate the offending rooms and removes any doors that connected to the offending rooms - the player is reimbursed the cost of the doors. If you notice missing doors in your house, this is why.

View full update

Console never got him though :(

sheesh, getting into this forums sucks. And it's not even because of Hamlet itself, it's because it's become an echo chamber of pure salt. I tried to revive the conversation and enjoy what we were given, but some of you punks will never move on.

I said it once and i'll say it again, as long as we keep acting like salty manchildren over hamlet, Klei won't want to develop newer updates for it. It's amazing to just think that it happened, because Don't Starve was a 6-7 something year old pioneer that had finished it's job. 

Do we have the right to complain because it wasn't exactly as promised? sure we do, but i think the point has been made, and keeping the salt up will just lure people away from it, luring away potential buyers, which is potential budget, which is required for updating a game.

"IF tHe GaMe WaSn'T gIfTed, IT WOULD HAVE BUDGET!!1!" are we seriously complaining that most of us got the game for free?

Besides, it's not worth it to cry over spilled milk. 

As for me? i got tired of trying to make these forums a better place,  i'm off to the dst forums which are noticeably less salty and more objective to criticize, cheers! And no hard feelings, since there are some legitimately rocking dudes like @Sunset Skye, @SpoonyBardIV or @oCrapaCreeper, among others. But    the salt is too thick to be able to enjoy this

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Blunderbuss said:

I don't really care how many people got the game for free.  Fact is, Hamlet is too embarrassing for consoles!

can you explain "Embarrassing"?

because I don't understand what exactly it means, please elaborate

also don't care about what people say here, we all are allowed to share our opinion, no matter what flavor,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JosePapp said:

stop being a salty punk!you are a manchild pure salt echo-chamber and the video game company is god and youre crying over spilled milk, cheers!

(and that's just the parts of the post that are DIRECT insults!)

Arrogant post ironically saltier than anything I said. (i said the reason hamlet isnt on console is its too embarrassing for consoles)

6 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

can you explain "Embarrassing"?

because I don't understand what exactly it means, please elaborate

ig I just mean that console video games in general has a higher quality standard. Klei gave up on Hamlet and released it so they could sell the copies and move on. Probably because it was becoming a rabbit hole to develop, like the DLC went too far in the wrong directions for things to change, if they even tried. Like Deprecious said,

1 hour ago, Deprecious said:

I'll clue you in, the game has more bugs than features.

I can't go that far but, yeah. I normally play DS without hamlet because of the bugs and crashes it introduces. There aren't any seasonal bosses and it's just sort of lame. Sure there's a lot of new or unique stuff, bigfatbird, trading pigs, stalking stick on drying rack, poop piles, ruins, cave entrances, but none of it holds up, and not far from everything in Hamlet is given to you in the first ten or twenty days. (bad game design) The aporkalypse calender is a bad mechanic, generally Hamlet is a bad DLC. Home Sea Home type things won't fix it, and they won't exist anyway. You can give it a few more bells and a whistle, but that won't fix it.

Not to mention that the challenge in Hamlet does not come from the game actually being hard, it comes from the game being bad.

Edited by Blunderbuss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@Blunderbuss we just have to wait for any dev to respond to anything here now, they haven't confirmed or denied anything yet nor given any time frame either for whatever is gonna eventually happen.

I really wish Klei responds to DS Players or tell us straight they are done and we shouldn't expect anything unless they decide to do it again.

also I really wish the so called "Elite" class of people here stopped being salty about other people being concerned for a game they like to play.

Spoiler

also reaction points do not ever count towards how good of a person you are here, its stupid and should be removed so people can stop feeling like they are better then everyone else and have all the rights to decide who gets to say what.

Edited by Machine Reaper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2020 at 3:10 AM, Machine Reaper said:

I really wish Klei responds to DS Players or tell us straight they are done and we shouldn't expect anything unless they decide to do it again.

That's the really disappointing part. They won't even tell us anything.

• Sad 3

On 4/5/2020 at 8:14 PM, Blunderbuss said:

big snip

I wanted to keep silent and not dignify your reply in which you completely missed the point, and i guess it sucks i had to come back here for this but why not?

In case you didn't understand, i did not say Hamlet was amazing, i said it was lackng in some aspects, but overall not as much of a mess as it's made out to be. I find it quite ok to be honest, as does a non vocal majority.

This part is important, read through this carefully when you do, what i meant to say was that moaning, whining and complaining a year after release will just draw Klei further away from ever touching the game anymore. The fact that you'd go out of your way to edit my post and turn it into personal insults makes it pretty clear that you aren't here to discuss about what Hamlet did right, wrong or what it could improve on, you just want to keep complaining over and over again in hopes that you will be noticed by the studio and perhaps they come back to fix their game because you guys were vocal.

BUT, (and this was the point of my original post in the first place) The devs will most likely not look back on Hamlet for as long as we keep complaining, because every complaint will lure away potential buyers and thus lure away potential development budget. 

So to summarize, if a game has no budget, it will not be worked on. keep in mind that while Klei may not be a perfect company, they are still a game studio with people that have homes to provide to, so if they don't get paid for a job, don't expect them to do it for free unless it was a free time passion project. 

It's alright to judge Hamlet as if the copies weren't given away or as if it wasn't delayed, it's alright to make yourselves heard, what is NOT alright is to not let the forums progress forward and discuss onward because you won't just move on about how unsatisfied you are.

Your point has been made, i'm sure it's been heard, please just move on.

Don't take this personally and stay safe, thanks for reading my post.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

First of all, thanks to the new dlc developed by klei, I think it is possible to join a new season. There is one more season between the foggy season and the lush season. Because of the short days in each of the three seasons, the rhythm is too fast. There are many things to pay attention to. You can add some new house elements, such as new house development prop stairs instead of a single door, as well as buildings such as indoor cooking pots, refrigerators and storage cabinets, so I think someone will want to be in the house Construction decoration, and finally thank all the official members of klei for the new dlc for us

• Like 2