[Game Update] - 333702

Jason

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

O desenvolvimento de jogos exige uma quantia insana de dinheiro. 12k pessoas recebendo um jogo de $ 7 de graça é efetivamente uma perda de $ 84000. Dependendo do fluxo de trabalho de Klei e da alocação de recursos, esse é o dinheiro que poderia estar pagando por um ciclo de desenvolvimento muito mais longo, mas agora é apenas $ 84000 menos um motivo para continuar o desenvolvimento.

It even sank, and the people who paid the most expensive by DLC simply have to accept that this is the content, delivering the game poorly optimized, being they promised many things. It's their mistake. I'm not surprised if they close the doors. 

In Brazil this costs a little more expensive :)

This because Hamlet was postponed with promises of various new content. Only lies. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, inferjus4 said:

We need to have hope, brother! We can not give up, not yet! We've got to fight, and we will succeed if we will be determined enough!

sorry brother but this isn't undertale determination doesn't raise the dead...

...unfortunately

*looks back at Warbucks' skeleton in the cage*

4 hours ago, WillPwn4Food said:

It makes me wish they hadn’t given out the game for free to early testers. I bet with a couple extra grand, they could have made the package feel a little more complete, and those early testers like myself would have been more than happy to buy the early access edition.

this is why i bought the full Halloween box because i felt guilty for them just dropping a thousand copies away

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

It's not foreshadowing when DST character refreshes and new characters have been news for months now.

no i mean that we now have conformation that at least one other character than Wortox will be finally recognized and one new one at least

Read between the lines!!

Jason said

We’re going to be adding more to the seasons, adding new perks and challenges alike.

But he never said it would happen anytime soon!!

Expect a content update in 2029!!

Edited by Hatano Eichero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well, this sure was a rushed job. There's still plenty of bugs and balancing issues left in this "finished DLC." Really should've just taken your time, waiting longer for Hamlet to come out of EA would've been better than this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ressayez said:

Well, this sure was a rushed job. There's still plenty of bugs and balancing issues left in this "finished DLC." Really should've just taken your time, waiting longer for Hamlet to come out of EA would've been better than this.

It was delayed multiple times. It should have been out last year technically. Something went wrong, but I don't think "rushed" is the right word when they didn't make their deadline multiple times. A rushed job would have been if it was released back in December in the state it was in, as originally planned.

I think what happened was all the attention was put into the new interior system and merged crafting, because of the sheer amount of bugs and weird interactions caused by that. That was a huge huge change for ALL worlds and DLC's which probably took more time than they thought. Wheeler's first designs weren't working out either so they probably had to further divide attention to her. I would imagine the DS team isn't as big as the DST team either.

But of course, they have a budget too, and I think giving the game away for free to thousands wasn't helping. As generous as that was and appreciated, I feel it made have had an impact on development.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Hamlet is my cup of tea because exploration feels really directed. Something about the aesthetic and armosphere too. I like the characters they added as well.

I feel like Hamlet really shines as a connected world, tbh rather than just spending time in hamlet.

1 hour ago, Fozzlebub said:

Hamlet is my cup of tea because exploration feels really directed. Something about the aesthetic and armosphere too. I like the characters they added as well.

I feel like Hamlet really shines as a connected world, tbh rather than just spending time in hamlet.

In merged worlds Hamlet is a huge game changer and appeals to end-game mega basing. Lamp posts, shops, houses, etc are all huge features to be able to build RoG or Shipwrecked.

The issue is Hamlet just doesn't stand up on its own though compared to SW. Once the new factor wears off, people are just going to rush the Key to the City and just make their base and city in RoG, never having to go back to Hamlet because there really is no reason too once you get all the Royal Gallery items and unique boss loot, the boss loot not even being that good. Even the exploration falls short because there are much better and faster ways to earn oincs that don't involve going into the ruins.

It doesn't help huge features such as a Telepotato are missing too. Once you merge with Hamlet, you're stuck with that world no matter how bad RNG is or if you run out of resources.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Hail Survivors, Don’t Starve: Hamlet has come out of Early Access! 

image (7).png

A great big thank you to everyone who participated during our Early Access period. The Don’t Starve community is one of the best to interact with, so full of passion and enthusiasm for all things in the Constant. We have thoroughly enjoyed the journey with you, dropping Wilson and his friends into this world of civilized pigs and dangerous jungles.

As we come out of Early Access, all of the features tested in the beta branch will of course go live for everybody, including player craftable doors, the new Ancient Hulk giant, Wheeler and Wagstaff. The beta branch will still be accessible for a while, but we won’t be updating it anymore.

As a special thank you to all of the Don’t Starve players and fans, Wagstaff has been made available to everyone who has the base game and is not exclusive to the Hamlet DLC.

wagstaff_rev1.png

Now that early access has finished, there is no schedule for new features to Hamlet, but we will still be putting out updates of bug fixes as we have them. After you have mastered the mountain top plateau, if you are looking for further Don’t Starve challenges, please check in with Don’t Starve Together as there are some old faces being re-made as well some altogether new ones showing up. 

Patch Notes: 333702

New Features:

• Wheeler added to Hamlet DLC.
  • Ancient Hulk added to Hamlet DLC.
  • New rooms and doors added to the renovation crafting tab.
  • Wagstaff added to all versions.

Bug Fixes:

• Wagstaff doesn't announce when another creature puts on one of his goggles
  • Don't activate the color change when another creature puts on the Fryfocals
  • Disable map when Living Artifact is active
  • Fixed a crash when playing adventure mode as Wagstaff and reaching the final chapter
  • Fixed player telelocating into interiors.
  • Fixed Depth Worm inspect quotes
  • Fixed issue in interiors that could result in two rooms occupying the same location*
  • Wheeler will no longer get stuck in God Mode after Dodging
  • Fixed a crash when players click an empty Trusty Shooter slot
  • Miscellaneous tunings on the Aporkalypse

*The bugfix in the player interiors needed a fixup that in case of detected errors will relocate the offending rooms and removes any doors that connected to the offending rooms - the player is reimbursed the cost of the doors. If you notice missing doors in your house, this is why.

View full update

Sorry for my terrifying english.
I want to say truth about hamlet. When I watched trailer of hamlet I was turned a crazy because don't starve is my favorite game. I beloved reign of giants. I liked very much the shipwrecked. That dlcs was original.
After than I remember, I was studying my exams and my brother called me: "Heyy bro, there is a new don't starve" I just realized it's will be great game. Normally I download game cracked and if I like it I buy. But I trusted klei. It was a big mistake.
 I bought it in the first day and I played it for hours. I bought a home, bought some soldiers. Kills boss. And farming. ummm... So what was next? I became sad a bit but I didn't give up about game and I waited for new updates and the character has come. Wilba, the pig girl who can turn wolfgirl. Pretty basic. The Warbucks was pretty basic character too but not bad as I think. I liked him and played with him time by time. But you guys removed him. And I know why is it... Because of WAGSTAFF. He was a character in story but warbucks wasnt. You guys removed him because they was have almost same skills.
Warbucks
-Can't eat un-crockpot food
-Can investige treasures
-Gain sanity from money
Wagstaff
-Can't eat un-crockpot food
-Can investige treasures
-Can't gain sanity bc of his glasses (Talk about hats.)
You can see it pretty well, he is the REMAKE of wagstaff and gamemakers know it pretty good. And also Wagstaff's drawing is really ugly. He is good a bit with glasses but without glasses he look like japan, not blind.
Let's go back to hamlet again. After that the uselles plant guy added to game (He can eat poop wow). He is very complex character. He grows plants and bla bla bla. To be honest he is like a MOD character. I didn't feel he was from don't starve world.
And the city is not city. To be honest the villager in the minecraft is city-style. The citizens just eats and ****s floor and walking around for say "HaVe GrAsS bUdDy!?" They are not smart than old pigs of don't starve or I didn't feel it. The city is basic, the game is basic. I didn't expect that game. It's not about money, really. I don't want to look like merchan guy, I'm just sad about the future of don't starve. In the reign of giants we shocked everysecond. Deerclops in the winter, bearger in the autmn, ducky thing in the spring, dragonfly in the summer. Still I'm shock sometimes in game. I know almost everything about game but I still enjoy from exploring and playing but the hamlet is gonna be boring after 1-2 hour. Thanks for reading.
Ä°lgili resim

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

You guys removed him because they was have almost same skills.

I don't recall Warbucks being able to teleport across the map, shoot lasers out of his eyes, have night vision, or farm trees the most effectively.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Haha 5

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

I don't recall Warbucks being able to teleport across the map, shoot lasers out of his eyes, have night vision, or farm trees the most effectively.

-It's wormholes everywhere and they are pretty transportation way with only 15 sanity. ALSO you should go near to which teleport you want and with that It's getting cancer after 2 teleport system.
-And laser thing is so bad to use. I used it on winter and deerclops turned crazy. He burned all of my trees. After that that super ultra mega crazy lazers make all thing burn. Fire is not a good thing to play but I realized ice lazers would be great.
-And really do you think the night vision is good? It's even not a night vision. It's heat vision. It's not renewable, it's not to easy to make and It's just added bc of he can't wear miner hat. You can't see stones, trees verywell and which crazy went fight when it's night?! OOOO IT'S HEAT VISSION WE ARE GHOST BUSTERS AND THE REAL HUNTER HUNT'S NIGHT.
-The wood chopping is good but planting trees without cheaty mods like egg_plant take more time than chopping trees :| Also the range is short. He is playable but basic. The negative and pozitive skills are near themself. He don't like other character bc he is harder to play. Especially first times in the game...

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

That's kinda besides the point: He is nothing like Warbucks.

I didn't said he is the clone of warbucks. I said they deleted warbucks because of this guy because the powers he can use is just like warbucks.
Wagstaff have eating problems just like Warbucks. Wagstaff can investige with glasses just like the Warbucks. But warbucks have tinkering tab extra. And I want you think about him. Really, they have similar skills but Wagstaff have extra skills. Which wan't to choose? 
Just I wan't you realize that, klei adds new character. His name is Wanderer and he can't eat meat just like wigfrid. He gain sanity and health just like Wigfrid but he born with walking cane and a wanderer hat can protect you from sun. Probably nobody would play with Wilbur anymore. Adding something and removing something don't change anything.

12 minutes ago, DoktorEnd said:

I didn't said he is the clone of warbucks. I said they deleted warbucks because of this guy because the powers he can use is just like warbucks.
Wagstaff have eating problems just like Warbucks. Wagstaff can investige with glasses just like the Warbucks. But warbucks have tinkering tab extra. And I want you think about him. Really, they have similar skills but Wagstaff have extra skills. Which wan't to choose? 
Just I wan't you realize that, klei adds new character. His name is Wanderer and he can't eat meat just like wigfrid. He gain sanity and health just like Wigfrid but he born with walking cane and a wanderer hat can protect you from sun. Probably nobody would play with Wilbur anymore. Adding something and removing something don't change anything.

Warbucks was removed because "he was culturaly problematic" (Shouldn't have happeed of you ask me) and because they had no idea how to rework him (which i find unnecesary, but the community had many ideas).

Wagstaff just carries one of his downsides but nothing more.

If anything, its Wheeler that has replaced him because explorer theme. 

• Like 4