[Game Update] - 333702

Jason

I really like you Klei but indeed: giving away almost 12k (I think) copies for free was a big shot in the knee to say the least. That's quite a lot of money that you'll never get

Unfortunatelly I need to agree that Hamlet feels unfinished.

Now you'll have to deal with consequences- a disappointed community. We're not mad, we just thought things'd get better.

• Like 19

Y'know, it's not bad, but it's not good either... Alot of things are missing and it's all because they decided to update HAM and DST at the same time. I would say that it's all DST's fault.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dexter Khaver said:

The worst idea they had was to separate these two games, Klei is with a lot of late play, doing all at once, and ends up doing nothing, that's the result.

You can build cities, houses and shops in RoG, SW, Caves, etc. They are technically separated but once you merge worlds that’s when the good stuff happens.

Oh no, this is disappointing and the kind of thing I was afraid of. As many have pointed out, Hamlet is unfinished. Most of us were expecting a delay. This release really does seem to just be a rush job to get Hamlet out of Klei's hair. Was this the result of lack of resources? Time? Team members? If it was the result of any of these reasons I listed, I really do believe you should consider merging the DST and DS single player teams. The time to drop DS single player is long over due, if the time spent on developing Hamlet was instead spent on a massive DST DLC like update, I think Klei would be in a much better situation. Giving away 12k copies for free was indeed very silly and made 0 sense from a business stand point. Was it just to have an excuse for Hamlet to release like this? I'd like to not believe that, but eesh. Starting a DLC for an already dead game who's sequel is flying off the steam shelves was a questionable decision.

You are both very talented teams and I believe it would be extremely beneficial for you guys to stop trying to keep DS single player alive for whatever reason, DST is more popular in a much better position. All of your hard work and creative ideas would have been so much better off if they were designed with DST in mind.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

Oh no, this is disappointing and the kind of thing I was afraid of. As many have pointed out, Hamlet is unfinished. Most of us were expecting a delay. This release really does seem to just be a rush job to get Hamlet out of Klei's hair. Was this the result of lack of resources? Time? Team members? If it was the result of any of these reasons I listed, I really do believe you should consider merging the DST and DS single player teams. The time to drop DS single player is long over due, if the time spent on developing Hamlet was instead spent on a massive DST DLC like update, I think Klei would be in a much better situation. Giving away 12k copies for free was indeed very silly and made 0 sense from a business stand point. Was it just to have an excuse for Hamlet to release like this? I'd like to not believe that, but eesh. Starting a DLC for an already dead game who's sequel is flying off the steam shelves was a questionable decision.

You are both very talented teams and I believe it would be extremely beneficial for you guys to stop trying to keep DS single player alive for whatever reason, DST is more popular in a much better position. All of your hard work and creative ideas would have been so much better off if they were designed with DST in mind.

DS is not dead, Klei is just too much of like Santa Claus and gives too many things for free. Because of that, some things are not polished, just like Hamlet.

• Like 5

Huh, I wake up, go to my computer, and Hamlet is out of Early Access. I mean, it's cool and all and I'm happy for it, but as countless people before me stated, Hamlet feels like plenty of things are missing.

-New Challenges based on seasons (that we were promised)

-A way to World Hop (Without it, late-game has less potential progress-wise than other DLCs)

I was one of the people that went out and bought Hamlet with money. How should people like me feel when Hamlet feels as if it was rushed?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

DS is not dead, Klei is just too much of like Santa Claus and gives too many things for free. Because of that, some things are not polished, just like Hamlet.

I don't understand this one bit. DS is dead, it factually is. It has far less players and a DLC designed for DST would have been much more beneficial to Klei. I love Klei too, so why should they keep wasting their time making content for a game they will barely get anything in return for? Hamlet was free for beta testers, and I pointed out why giving it out for free like that was silly already. But, people did pay for Hamlet, so even that argument doesn't work here. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

-A way to World Hop (Without it, late-game has less potential progress-wise than other DLCs)

I mean if you really think about what would you world hop for?

nettle?

ruins stuff?

there isn't even a reason to do it because they haven't added anything that would be worth world hopping other than world gen.

I still really want it tho

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

nettle?

ruins stuff?

there isn't even a reason to do it because they haven't added anything that would be worth world hopping other than world gen.

Yeah, nettle and ruins loot is one of em, along with getting better world gen if you weren't so lucky the first time around.

I'd much rather have season-based challenges than World Hopping but the DLC feels incomplete with both.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

nettle?

ruins stuff?

More favorable worldgen is one thing that's enough in its own right. In my late game RoG world I had to hop 5 times until I got a world perfect for what I wanted to do.

Edited by TheOnlyGuyEver
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 1:50 PM, Computer-7 said:

I feel like we are all missing something important. Klei finally gave the hulk pieces their own map icon!

They looks cool good job klei.

the sad thing is that the icons were a previous update 

Edited by Lizardhiney
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Computer-7 said:

Stone slabs never flip over, so you're only able to get a finite amount of bean bugs and jelly slugs without world hopping. It's important. Please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sunset Skye said:

Stone slabs never flip over, so you're only able to get a finite amount of bean bugs and jelly slugs without world hopping. It's important. Please.

they could fix that easily by just activating the part of the slab code the would make them regen

• Like 2

Hey, @Jason, where are those "Season Content" updates you promised us? I stopped playing Hamlet back when you posted the roadmap simply because I thought that there would be big changes to the seasons. I am very disappointed.

Edited by SpoonyBardIV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like the promised content just meant having to live in the world with no Warbucks 

Truly the biggest challenge of them all

Overall the dlc is fun in my opinion but runs out of things to do quickly.

Wormwood is a fun to play and challenging character. 

Wilba is strong and Werewilba is a great addition.

Wagstaff could have had more things to craft but is fun . 

Wheeler has interesting mechanics. Im not really into her character but thats just personal opinion. 

Our Almighty Lord and Saviour Warbucks was the 2nd best character of Hamlet and its a shame he was removed (Its not a meme, its a legitimate problem). 

The seasons feel just like a nuisance with no award except for tuber trees growing (god how much i love this one) which can't believe replanted, wormwood getting excited and nettles which practically serve only to deal with hay fever. And the promised seasonal content we got was just bramble bulbs.

Pogs die out quickly and feel like they are just discount catcoons.

Roc is dissapointing , since she was hyped up so much but all she does is bringing you to his island and making giant poop

Ro bin still has no transformations 

Some items bought from the stores serve no purpouse (im looking at you bamboo O.O ) 

Giant larvas in mant hills still don't drop anything at all 

City building and merged crafting are great additions, but i do wonder why can't we build decorations, academy or farmer/miner houses

Aporkalypse feels rushed. And its only reward are nightmare fuel, vortex cloak (which is going to be used only by like 3 people on the world since its downsides might be annoying to deal with) and a pig party. 

Soundtrack is really good, i like it way more than shipwrecked's one. 

No treeguards at all. Except for the ocasional birchut ones in the city when they somehow get triggered by player chopping TEA TREES

Thats all i had to say. 

Time to wait for another home sea home update.

image.thumb.png.24c5eac02a820b8f82b1a84863cfb5d4.png

Edited by Hx380
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Dexter Khaver said:

It doesn't make sense, you guys saying that most of them got it for free, all right, but who paid? will receive less content because some people have received the game for free? Doesn't make sense. 

Game development takes an insane amount of money. 12k people getting a $7 game for free is effectively a loss of $84000. Depending on Klei's workflow and resource allocation, that's money that could have been paying for a much longer development cycle, but now it's just $84000 less of a reason to continue development.

• Like 3