[Game Update] - 333702

Jason

After you have mastered all 3 hours of the mountain top plateau, if you are looking for further Don’t Starve challenges, please go play Don’t Starve Together instead, as we are actually working on that game.

Oh goodie.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Maybe I shouldn't bring potentially false hope, but "no schedule" means exactly that: no schedule. Not a definitive guarantee of no continued development. Taking a break to come back to it later with fresh eyes might be their intent, or it might not be. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, ResettePlayer said:

Maybe I shouldn't bring potentially false hope, but "no schedule" means exactly that: no schedule. Not a definitive guarantee of no continued development. Taking a break to come back to it later with fresh eyes might be their intent, or it might not be. 

Don't. Lose. Hope!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

So stupid of me, I forgot an extremly important thing.

Congratulations on making it come out of early access. :) I loved it during the beta and will love it after the release. I have not played much but will play more. It is quite a special DLC.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jason said:

After you have mastered the mountain top plateau, if you are looking for further Don’t Starve challenges, please check in with Don’t Starve Together as there are some old faces being re-made as well some altogether new ones showing up. 

Bold of you to assume I have enough friends that play DST.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Try not to be too harsh on the devs for not being able to put in everything that they wanted.

The only thing they’ve done wrong was maybe being a bit too transparent with their plans. In development, priorities change, unforeseen issues crop up and ideas that might’ve sounded awesome get scrapped when they turn out to be pretty dull in actuality.

DS came out 6 years ago and is still receiving updates... Not to mention that so much extra content has been given out for free. 

Yeah there’s always room for more, but I’m confident that the devs will revisit any missing content if and when they have time.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Try not to be too harsh on the devs for not being able to put in everything that they wanted.

The only thing they’ve done wrong was maybe being a bit too transparent with their plans. In development, priorities change, unforeseen issues crop up and ideas that might’ve sounded awesome get scrapped when they turn out to be pretty dull in actuality.

DS came out 6 years ago and is still receiving updates... Not to mention that so much extra content has been given out for free. 

Yeah there’s always room for more, but I’m confident that the devs will revisit any missing content if and when they have time.

Another bad thing is that SW has as much content as Hamlet and is cheaper.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

There are literally fundamental gaps in the game (ex: no Teleportato) and unfinished assets (ex: Boar Tusk Weapon Shop) in this alleged final product that costs more than any other DLC.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

There are literally fundamental gaps in the game (ex: no Teleportato) and unfinished assets (ex: Boar Tusk Weapon Shop) in this alleged final product that costs more than any other DLC.

I have a genuine question: did you pay for Hamlet, or get it for free? Maybe the reason that it costs more is because thousands of the core fans of the series were given the game for free...

If you want the teleportato or other features, then request them. Klei has shown in the past that they’re more than willing to take on suggestions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tosh said:

I have a genuine question: did you pay for Hamlet, or get it for free? Maybe the reason that it costs more is because thousands of the core fans of the series were given the game for free...

If you want the teleportato or other features, then request them. Klei has shown in the past that they’re more than willing to take on suggestions.

I bought it. And, a Teleportato, among many other missing features, were highly requested throughout the entire length of the open beta. A Teleportato, something which is so core to the gameplay of Don't Starve, shouldn't even have to be a request.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

It makes me wish they hadn’t given out the game for free to early testers. I bet with a couple extra grand, they could have made the package feel a little more complete, and those early testers like myself would have been more than happy to buy the early access edition.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Don't. Lose. Hope!

Does it also apply to DST: SW? Even after years it hasn't been released so I guess there won't be a 1:1 remake for Warbucks anymore, just a almost same remake which has already been done.

1 minute ago, WillPwn4Food said:

It makes me wish they hadn’t given out the game for free to early testers. I bet with a couple extra grand, they could have made the package feel a little more complete, and those early testers like myself would have been more than happy to buy the early access edition.

This. That was stupid of them to give away so many free copies of this DLC. DS is overshadowed by DST nowadays and they should be trying to get every penny possible on this DLC, because this game has loyal, but not too many fans.

• Like 7

i stopped playing after i found out i could exploit the shops by hammering them down and rebuilding. i got infinite madrakes and other crazy items. did they fix that?

Edited by YumoS
added more
  • Thanks 1

In short... Hamlet has a wonderful art and really funny mechanics, but it is obviously incomplete. Already others have highlighted the lack of the DLC, they are many and obvious. Please Klei, add all the things Hamlet need and you promised (and for which I paid).

Edited by Pop Guy
  • Like 11
  • Potato Cup 1

1 minute ago, YumoS said:

i stopped playing after i found out i could exploit the shops by hammering them down and rebuilding. i got infinite madrakes and other crazy items. did they fix that?

No. I think Deconstruction Staffs can still be used to farm building materials also/