[Game Update] - 333702

Jason

2 minutes ago, Imagionary said:

However, something seems... missing to me about this DLC :wilson_blush:

Yeah, that would be a Teleportato counterpart, transformations/features that would put Ro Bin up to par with Chester and Packim and, oh yeah, that seasonal content we were very specifically promised.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I'm sorry... what?

I distinctly recall the Roadmap mentioning "new perks and challenges" for every season. I just as distinctly do not recall seeing any of that in the game.

All we have gotten are Bramble Bulbs in Lush Season and the Vortex Cloak for Aporkalypse. Now, these are nice, of course, but they are relatively minor. And even then, we still have gotten no actual seasonal challenges at all and no new perks for either Temperate or Humid season.

Oh and there is still no teleportato equivalent in Hamlet, which means you are start with the world you start in forever.

Yeah honestly everyone including me and the people in this thread expected way more, and rightfully so.

seems a bit dissapointing

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Imagionary said:

I'm glad to see that this is finally out! Hamlet is honestly a very fun experience to endure and explore.

However, something seems... missing to me about this DLC, and I don't know why? Other than this odd feeling, I'm fairly content and happy with the final product! :wilson_blush:

the game is unoptimized, theres no way to reset world gen and there still exist bugs from the beta.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ogrecakes said:

Well, time to wait for the year after launch patch that makes it worth playing, just like Shipwrecked.

Don't remind me. Baby water beefaloo still does not exist.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

Umm... where is the seasonal content that was promised ? 

Edit.

>Now that early access has finished, there is no schedule for new features to Hamlet. 

I guess there isn't any seasonal content.

Edited by Growey
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

On 2/15/2019 at 3:38 AM, Jason said:

This is our roadmap for Hamlet, which we anticipate to last until April:

Enhanced Seasons and Content
We’re going to be adding more to the seasons, adding new perks and challenges alike. Expect to see more content in every season,

I meaaaan.... Did I miss the “seasons update” ???

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

I think it wouldn't be crazy to cut the devs some slack. The DLC was given away for free to anyone who opted into the early beta, and it seems now that the devs are now focusing their efforts onto making bug fixes. Klei, in my opinion, are now refocusing their efforts into Don't Starve Together and I think that this DLC is as good as Shipwrecked after that received some love and attention.

Edited by TheKingDedede
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheKingDedede said:

I think it wouldn't be crazy to cut the devs some slack. The DLC was given away for free to anyone who opted into the early beta, and it seems now that the devs are now focusing their efforts onto polishing up any remaining bug fixes. Klei, in my opinion, are now refosusing their efforts into Don't Starve Together and I think that this DLC is as good as Shipwrecked after that received some love and attention.

While, yes i am happy hamlet is done and i am happy for the developers.

But when you say and i quote "We’re going to be adding more to the seasons, adding new perks and challenges alike. Expect to see more content in every season," that kinda gives you some expectation ya know, so i can understand why people are a bit annoyed over this. it kind of breaks that promise, and we haven't heard anything from that ever since.

And no, the lush bramble flower and item is NOT all seasons.

Edited by bugsmand
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheKingDedede said:

I think it wouldn't be crazy to cut the devs some slack. The DLC was given away for free to anyone who opted into the early beta, and it seems now that the devs are now focusing their efforts onto making bug fixes. Klei, in my opinion, are now refosusing their efforts into Don't Starve Together and I think that this DLC is as good as Shipwrecked after that received some love and attention.

They want to sell the game, too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, axxel said:

They want to sell the game, too. 

so does EA that doesn't make there games good, not comparing Klei to them that much Klei did hamlet because the fans wanted it, and gave it out to a bunch of people for free, but releasing a product that is missing promised features warrants complaints.

Edited by Computer-7
  • Like 2

Hey i know most of you are bummed out because they didn't add anything new this time around (heck i am) now let's look back and look at all the requested features HAM added, housing, civilization,  tomb raiding, more dynamic biomes... 

Still, while i think we should be a lil more thankful to klei for HAM, i do agree that since they commited  to do a 3rd dlc with a higher price tag, they should polish it a bit more.

• Like 4

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

REEEEEEEE THERES NO ROSEATE STORK REEEE NORMIEEEES

Excuse me, Roseate Sporkbill.

As for the seasons, altering them might not be "new content" so much as modifications to the old. Yeah, if alterations do come they'll come later than when most players would like, but "Out of Early Access" does not necessarily mean that they're completely hands-off now. Larger, new features are likely out of the picture, but Hamlet (probably) isn't "done" per se.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everyone that complains about no new stuff being added - just wait, Klei will add new content, just be patient.
They still have to re-introduce Warbucks after all.

Edited by inferjus4
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 7

2 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Everyone that complains about no new stuff being added - just wait, Klei will add new content, just be patient.

I'd hate to break this to you but. I don't think we are. although i hope i'm wrongimage.thumb.png.5cd4319c2303c93e671d63bce6bb5c4b.png

Edited by bugsmand
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

Haven’t we already been down that road? Warbuck is dead, he was replaced with Wheeler. He is now coming back, and I don’t see Klei adding anything new besides maybe some bug fixes and polish like they said. Which is completely fine, Hamlet is a wonderful DLC. 

1 minute ago, bugsmand said:

I'd hate to break this to you but. I don't think we are. although i hope i'm wrongimage.thumb.png.5cd4319c2303c93e671d63bce6bb5c4b.png

We need to have hope, brother! We can not give up, not yet! We've got to fight, and we will succeed if we will be determined enough!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1