[Game Update] - 333702

Jason

• Developer

Hail Survivors, Don’t Starve: Hamlet has come out of Early Access! 

image (7).png

A great big thank you to everyone who participated during our Early Access period. The Don’t Starve community is one of the best to interact with, so full of passion and enthusiasm for all things in the Constant. We have thoroughly enjoyed the journey with you, dropping Wilson and his friends into this world of civilized pigs and dangerous jungles.

As we come out of Early Access, all of the features tested in the beta branch will of course go live for everybody, including player craftable doors, the new Ancient Hulk giant, Wheeler and Wagstaff. The beta branch will still be accessible for a while, but we won’t be updating it anymore.

As a special thank you to all of the Don’t Starve players and fans, Wagstaff has been made available to everyone who has the base game and is not exclusive to the Hamlet DLC.

wagstaff_rev1.png

Now that early access has finished, there is no schedule for new features to Hamlet, but we will still be putting out updates of bug fixes as we have them. After you have mastered the mountain top plateau, if you are looking for further Don’t Starve challenges, please check in with Don’t Starve Together as there are some old faces being re-made as well some altogether new ones showing up. 

Patch Notes: 333702

New Features:

• Wheeler added to Hamlet DLC.
  • Ancient Hulk added to Hamlet DLC.
  • New rooms and doors added to the renovation crafting tab.
  • Wagstaff added to all versions.

Bug Fixes:

• Wagstaff doesn't announce when another creature puts on one of his goggles
  • Don't activate the color change when another creature puts on the Fryfocals
  • Disable map when Living Artifact is active
  • Fixed a crash when playing adventure mode as Wagstaff and reaching the final chapter
  • Fixed player telelocating into interiors.
  • Fixed Depth Worm inspect quotes
  • Fixed issue in interiors that could result in two rooms occupying the same location*
  • Wheeler will no longer get stuck in God Mode after Dodging
  • Fixed a crash when players click an empty Trusty Shooter slot
  • Miscellaneous tunings on the Aporkalypse

*The bugfix in the player interiors needed a fixup that in case of detected errors will relocate the offending rooms and removes any doors that connected to the offending rooms - the player is reimbursed the cost of the doors. If you notice missing doors in your house, this is why.

View full update

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

No new content? :( Perhaps we need to wait

Why would we need to wait? It's out of early access which means no more content, aside from maybe an update or two far off in the future like what happened with Shipwrecked. A lot of new things were added for us to play around with, personally I'm satisfied. Thank you Klei! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I'm sorry... what?

I distinctly recall the Roadmap mentioning "new perks and challenges" for every season. I just as distinctly do not recall seeing any of that in the game.

All we have gotten are Bramble Bulbs in Lush Season and the Vortex Cloak for Aporkalypse. Now, these are nice, of course, but they are relatively minor. And even then, we still have gotten no actual seasonal challenges at all and no new perks for either Temperate or Humid season.

Oh and there is still no teleportato equivalent in Hamlet, which means you are start with the world you start in forever.

Edited by QuartzBeam
  • Like 35

2 minutes ago, woodchip said:

Why would we need to wait? It's out of early access which means no more content, aside from maybe an update or two far off in the future like what happened with Shipwrecked. A lot of new things were added for us to play around with, personally I'm satisfied. Thank you Klei! 

Lets hope for that. I just have the feeling like something is missing, since a lot of stuff has been datamined, but not introduced to the game, yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Parusoid said:

Lets hope for that. I just have the feeling like something is missing, since a lot of stuff has been datamined, but not introduced to the game, yet

That's true, I remember seeing a lightning bottle something, a firework rocket to stave off hay fever, and a cute plant creature. Although that could all be cut content, it's not like we haven't seen a lot of that over the course of development. With the addition of boss drops, the changes to wheeler and the bramble bulb for lush season, I think the devs delivered. Although, you are right about not much added for seasonal content.

• Like 3

Just now, mathem99 said:

So... no world hoping for Hamlet? That's a little bit disappointing.

What do you mean? We can't regenerate the world with the other two DLC's? I though that's how that works...

8 minutes ago, woodchip said:

What do you mean? We can't regenerate the world with the other two DLC's? I though that's how that works...

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wooden_Thing

Check above for more details.

Once you find the Wooden Thing in your world (It exists in both Vanilla/RoG and Shipwrecked) and you collect all of the four things you can assemble the machine and it'll destroy your current world regenerate a new one while keeping all of your progress and you'll also be able to change character.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Wooden_Thing

Check above for more details.

Once you find the Wooden Thing in your world (It exists in both Vanilla/RoG and Shipwrecked) and you collect all of the four things you can assemble the machine and it'll destroy your current world regenerate a new one while keeping all of your progress and you'll also be able to change character.

Good point, i thought you were talking about seaworthy and skyworthy, and i forgot about the teleportato things.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see that this is finally out! Hamlet is honestly a very fun experience to endure and explore.

However, something seems... missing to me about this DLC, and I don't know why? Other than this odd feeling, I'm fairly content and happy with the final product! :wilson_blush:

• Like 12